Home

Update, Update... Minnie Trapping Season...

Posted By: Actor

Update, Update... Minnie Trapping Season... - 11/20/20 10:58 PM

As much As I would certainly like to be out driving the country roads and walking 5 or 6 miles along a creek... old age has curtailed those desires. So as I stated in an earlier post, the only safe and workable place to trap is my old favorite old course. Yes, I did play golf at it during the 1960's ... then I quite playing golf. I found out I could throw the club further than I could hit the ball... Well, not really, but it makes for good conversation.

Any how... since there are no muskrats at the course this year, I have broke down and decided to trap a few coon... and maybe try for mink. In earlier post I showed the set I had made for coon and then The one I caught that was 13# 2 oz. This one was a female.

Well yesterday I had a little bit better luck and caught 2 coon. Both in DP's and both males. The strange thing was... when I got there they were both dug in, head first, under logs. I tapped the one on the rear end and he turned around and looked at me from under his leg (The top one).

[Linked Image]

These coon weighed 15# 15 oz. and 15# 12 oz.

[Linked Image]

I found a couple of den trees with scat around their base. So yesterday, I set 2 live traps, since the trees were in an open area. I had fried chicken the evening before and have found over the years that coon love fried chicken. So on my check this morning I found a young male of 8# 6 oz. in the trap. He is already skinned and fleshed. It is a pretty colored coon, but can't get the crazy photo to down load from cell phone. (I hate cell phones.) Since I will be tanning all of the hides, small are as good as large.

Well, finally got it down-loaded....

[Linked Image]

Well tomorrow is another day. I know this line isn't exciting to most of you younger healthier people... but it is the best I can still do with this old wrecked body of mine.

Garry-

Posted By: cmcf

Re: Update, Update... Minnie Trapping Season... - 11/21/20 12:00 AM

Keep on keeping on
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Update, Update... Minnie Trapping Season... - 11/21/20 12:46 AM

Way to go.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Update, Update... Minnie Trapping Season... - 11/21/20 12:49 AM

You're still in the game,bud-thats what counts.
Posted By: vegasjim

Re: Update, Update... Minnie Trapping Season... - 11/21/20 01:19 AM

I am slowing down too. But it is more fun now than ever. Good luck to you!
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Update, Update... Minnie Trapping Season... - 11/21/20 02:24 AM

Nice coons
Congratulations
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Update, Update... Minnie Trapping Season... - 11/21/20 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by BadgerTrapper97
Nice coons, glad you're still getting after it.

X2
Posted By: rex123

Re: Update, Update... Minnie Trapping Season... - 11/21/20 02:32 AM

Looks to me like your doing a good job of it.
Posted By: Actor

Re: Update, Update... Minnie Trapping Season... - 11/21/20 03:46 AM

Thank you all... it is somewhat more fun when you don't have to bust your rear end to get the line run... But it is slower and and much more painful... especially the skinning and fleshing.

When I looked at the photo... I thought the last photo looked strange... then I remembered that before I took the photo I had brushed it checking for burrs and stick-tights. I had the fur brushed up or forward on the back..

Garry-
© 2024 Trapperman Forums