Home

Government Efficiency

Posted By: Fisher Man

Government Efficiency - 11/22/20 12:36 AM

This week a Covid preventative vaccine manufacturer applied for emergency approval during this pandemic infecting and killing so many people.
Why then has the FDA scheduled a meeting for December 10 to consider the request.? They should be doing that this week !
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: Government Efficiency - 11/22/20 12:40 AM

They’re all gone this week because of thanksgiving, then it’ll take all of next week to individually review the paperwork for the request, so when the meeting happens the decision will already be made.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Government Efficiency - 11/22/20 12:53 AM

The government can NOT do anything correctly

Can't get unenjoyment checks out on time

Thousands of Stimulus checks issued to dead people

And they expect us to believe Buydem/Commula won the election
Posted By: keystone

Re: Government Efficiency - 11/22/20 12:56 AM

Government Efficiency, these words should never be used together!!
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Government Efficiency - 11/22/20 01:01 AM

Your thread title is an oxymoron......no possibility

Kinda like where I work .....if it’s logical and makes sense, it’s against policy.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Government Efficiency - 11/22/20 01:15 AM

amen -- however it does give you a little insight to how truly serious the disease is.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Government Efficiency - 11/22/20 01:57 AM

The USPS has lost $69 BILLION in the last 11 years, making it the most efficient branch of Government.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Government Efficiency - 11/22/20 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
The USPS has lost $69 BILLION in the last 11 years, making it the most efficient branch of Government.

And they were trusted with our election, how did that work out?
Posted By: SJA

Re: Government Efficiency - 11/22/20 02:49 AM

Don't you mean "inefficient"? . . . USPS lost revenue due to the ever growing internet use of email and text, not necessarily due to inefficiency on the workers part. Why spend .xx cents on a stamp to send a letter when you can send it anywhere via the above free? Think about it.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Government Efficiency - 11/22/20 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by SJA

Don't you mean "inefficient"? . . . USPS lost revenue due to the ever growing internet use of email and text, not necessarily due to inefficiency on the workers part. Why spend .xx cents on a stamp to send a letter when you can send it anywhere via the above free? Think about it.

They cut their own wrists by continually raising the price if postage

Re: Government Efficiency - 11/22/20 03:06 AM

Because of the above situation, they tried to " tread water and stay afloat". Hasn't worked very well.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Government Efficiency - 11/22/20 03:42 AM

The reason that the Post Office is failing is that they charge foreign shippers, mainly Chinese companies, significantly less than the cost of shipping.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy/article/2169144/chinas-cheap-shipping-advantage-explained

We have no business being in the Global Postal Alliance. It allows foreign companies to deliver goods in the US, much cheaper than US companies, allowing them to out compete American companies on price.

You can website base your company in countries like Canada, by using hosts for your company like Shopify and get much cheaper rates too.

We let other countries screw our people and businesses, through deals made by bribing our politicians.

Keith

Re: Government Efficiency - 11/22/20 04:00 AM

The U.S. Gov could far surpass that 69 Billion deficit for the USPS in ONE DAY regarding only mail usage for pennies if they wanted to . . . and I think they have, or will think how to apply it in the future. I'll leave it at that. Think about it.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Government Efficiency - 11/22/20 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by warrior

And they were trusted with our election, how did that work out?

smirk
Posted By: BanditBuster

Re: Government Efficiency - 11/22/20 04:12 AM

The FDA has probably killed more people by limiting the free market than they've ever saved.

As far as the post office, they shouldn't have ever existed. Now they are practically Amazon's slaves.

Re: Government Efficiency - 11/22/20 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by BanditBuster
The FDA has probably killed more people by limiting the free market than they've ever saved.

As far as the post office, they shouldn't have ever existed. Now they are practically Amazon's slaves.

Whaaatttt???? . . . no Pony Express??? . . . Wells Fargo??? . . . Kevin Costner's "The Postman" ???. . . Cliff Clavin ??? . . . Newman??? . . . say it ain't so!!!

;-)
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Government Efficiency - 11/22/20 04:58 AM

There is a post office in every little town around me with a post master in each one, close em. Go to every other day delivery, look at the money I just saved them.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Government Efficiency - 11/22/20 05:14 AM

They must be losing big-time on bulk rate postage for sure
Think of the income they could make if all that junk mail paid the same rate as us!
Posted By: EdP

Re: Government Efficiency - 11/22/20 12:41 PM

I agree entirely. The holiday is irrelevant when lives are at stake. When I worked at a nuclear power plant holidays didn't matter if the plant was shutdown. People need electricity so we worked until the plant was running again. Apparently keeping the lights on is more important than keeping people alive.
Posted By: Oleo Acres

Re: Government Efficiency - 11/22/20 12:58 PM

The post office is only failing because CONGRESS,in it;s wisdom,requires it to fully pre-fund pensions and health care. USPS has billions pre-paid for employees they haven't even hired yet.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Government Efficiency - 11/22/20 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Oleo Acres
The post office is only failing because CONGRESS,in it;s wisdom,requires it to fully pre-fund pensions and health care. USPS has billions pre-paid for employees they haven't even hired yet.

Why haven’t they raided that like they did SS?
Posted By: Oleo Acres

Re: Government Efficiency - 11/22/20 01:18 PM

Don't know,but it's only in the billions of dollars,seems congress only likes to talk trillions nowdays!
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Government Efficiency - 11/22/20 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
There is a post office in every little town around me with a post master in each one, close em. Go to every other day delivery, look at the money I just saved them.

Not disagreeing but it would take a law change.
Posted By: cathryn

Re: Government Efficiency - 11/22/20 01:36 PM

"Government Efficiency" ?

Talk about an oxymoron.... whistle
Posted By: BanditBuster

Re: Government Efficiency - 11/22/20 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by cathryn
"Government Efficiency" ?

Talk about an oxymoron.... whistle

Not necessarily, they are extremely efficient at spending money and taking away freedoms!
Posted By: Brian Mongeau

Re: Government Efficiency - 11/22/20 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by AntiGov
The government can NOT do anything correctly

Can't get unenjoyment checks out on time

Thousands of Stimulus checks issued to dead people

And they expect us to believe Buydem/Commula won the election

That was to pay for their votes.
Posted By: Clark

Re: Government Efficiency - 11/23/20 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by keystone
Government Efficiency, these words should never be used together!!

Actually Stalin and Hitler had very efficient governments. At least, comparatively. So the question becomes, do you want to complain about an inefficient government or do you want an efficient one?
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Government Efficiency - 11/23/20 01:23 PM

I'd prefer less government

Re: Government Efficiency - 11/23/20 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by SJA

Meaning, the rest of the Government is even worse.

Re: Government Efficiency - 11/23/20 01:35 PM

The USPS is currently "buying employees jobs" as a local postal worker just got early retirement by having her job bought out by the USPS. I don't know if that includes the retirement benefits or not.
Some of the railroads used to do the same thing......maybe still do. I'm thinking the benefits end when the job is bought out.
Posted By: corky

Re: Government Efficiency - 11/23/20 01:39 PM

Wife wants Christmas stamps. Rather than risk exposure to covid I ordered stamps over the internet. I figured they would forward request to the local post office and stamps would be in my mailbox the next day. Wrong.
Stamps were ordered Wed. and they sent me a tracking number. So far the stamps went from Kansas City to Madison to Milwaukee to Oshkosh to Wausau to Rhinelander and hopefully to Three Lakes and me today. By the time I get them they will probably be too smashed up to lay flat!
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Government Efficiency - 11/23/20 06:04 PM

This week a Covid preventative vaccine manufacturer applied for emergency approval during this pandemic infecting and killing so many people.
Why then has the FDA scheduled a meeting for December 10 to consider the request.? They should be doing that this week !

The current administration oversees the FDA until January 20th 2021. With all the law suits and political aspects taking place at these times the date may have been set as states like WI which is a swing state will certify the election on December 1st. The date for the meeting may have been set at an earlier time if there was not all the contesting and legal issues taking place at this time.
Another aspect is an independent committee is going through all the information and data from the firm and December 10th is the date chosen to offer their opinion(s) to the FDA.
Bryce
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: Government Efficiency - 11/23/20 07:34 PM

I would think that the loss of revenue by less letters being shipped was more than made up for by the large amounts of bigger items being sold online? Oh and dont forget they raise there rates quite often.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Government Efficiency - 11/23/20 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Oleo Acres

You mean no more Ponzi schemes???? How many positions that don't exist do they have to pre-fund. One or one hundred thousand.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums