Posted By: white17

Re: Gator Wrestling - 11/22/20 05:52 PM

Interesting part would be letting go of it
Posted By: FL cracker in AK

Re: Gator Wrestling - 11/22/20 06:07 PM

Little gator, still commendable.
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Gator Wrestling - 11/22/20 06:16 PM

Those small ones are lightning quick and can turn to bite much faster than the big ones.

To get a small one to open up, have a foot across their front axle base behind the head, a hand on the tail, take thumb and mid finger with your other hand and press into the eyes. They open like squeezing a snapdragon bloom.

Years in the glades in FLA with gator folks taught me that ...and yes , turning them loose is another fast and careful tactic !
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: Gator Wrestling - 11/22/20 07:43 PM

Geez, makes me hark back to my youth on the plains of the Miccosukee reservation west of Frog City, Florida. Bob Tiger Sr. was the head 'gator wrestler at the Miccosukee village.
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Gator Wrestling - 11/22/20 07:56 PM

Well what a small world ...J.M. !

I knew the Tiger family, including Bob. My father used to take me in his airboat all around there, and he would be called to repair airboats and swamp buggies for them and others.

It was from Bob I learned the power and weakness of gator jaws...how easy it is to hold their mouth shut, from opening, then how opposite and impossible it is to keep those jaws from closing shut.

I don't miss the hoards of mosquitos at all ! Or the spiders.
Posted By: drasselt

Re: Gator Wrestling - 11/23/20 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by Sharon

To get a small one to open up, have a foot across their front axle base behind the head, a hand on the tail, take thumb and mid finger with your other hand and press into the eyes. They open like squeezing a snapdragon bloom.

O
LOL I'll try to remember this great advice if the need ever happens to arise
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Gator Wrestling - 11/23/20 05:33 AM

Nope, I'd rather slap tame rodeo bulls or stuff bobcats in burlap bags
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: Gator Wrestling - 12/11/20 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by Sharon
Well what a small world ...J.M. !

I knew the Tiger family, including Bob. My father used to take me in his airboat all around there, and he would be called to repair airboats and swamp buggies for them and others.

It was from Bob I learned the power and weakness of gator jaws...how easy it is to hold their mouth shut, from opening, then how opposite and impossible it is to keep those jaws from closing shut.

I don't miss the hoards of mosquitos at all ! Or the spiders.

Miss Sharon, I just saw this reply this moment! I seem to remember we talked of Bob and his wife Louise before.
Posted By: FL cracker in AK

Re: Gator Wrestling - 12/11/20 05:56 AM

I miss the gators and snakes, not the roaches, ticks, and spiders.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Gator Wrestling - 12/11/20 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
Nope, I'd rather slap tame rodeo bulls or stuff bobcats in burlap bags

Me too
© 2024 Trapperman Forums