Home

Badger?

Posted By: Outdoors Guy

Badger? - 11/22/20 10:24 PM

Hello, this hole is new within the last couple days at a property i trap and it makes me think its a badger as the owners wouldn't have had anything to do with it. First I want to confirm with you guys it is what I think it is and second how should I go about setting this to catch it, are there multiple in one or no, how often do they use it. Thank you
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Badger? - 11/22/20 11:04 PM

It looks like a badger hole. Badger probably isnt residing there however. Most likely dug up a rodent for a meal. Make coyote sets in the general area and it will turn up.
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Badger? - 11/23/20 01:55 AM

I agree with Danny on this one.
Posted By: chas3457

Re: Badger? - 11/23/20 02:04 AM

I'm with Danny and scout. That is a 'foraging' hole. It will look like someone dropped a bomb, when they dig a hole to stay in for any length of time. A good coyote set will take them, but be sure to double stake it DEEP.

Charlie
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Badger? - 11/23/20 02:37 AM

Yep most likely badger digging, just make the best coyote set by it and let the badger turn you up some good dirt.
They make a good mess, good luck
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Badger? - 11/23/20 03:42 AM

I’d say badger too
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Badger? - 11/23/20 05:35 AM

Badgers dig, eat, and repeat. That is still a fine set location but I rarely have to set for badger- if they are around they find you and usually quickly
© 2024 Trapperman Forums