Home

Alcohol sales banned in PA

Posted By: Cragar

Alcohol sales banned in PA - 11/23/20 10:16 PM

Just when you thought it was crazy enough ,

Pennsylvania governor who required COVID masks be worn indoors bans alcohol sales night before Thanksgiving

https://www.foxnews.com/us/pennsylv...doors-requires-bans-alcohol-thanksgiving
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Alcohol sales banned in PA - 11/23/20 10:18 PM

Overreaching government needs knocked back
Posted By: run

Re: Alcohol sales banned in PA - 11/23/20 10:21 PM

This may explain the long lines at the liquor store in front royal,VA.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Alcohol sales banned in PA - 11/23/20 10:22 PM

That's crazy.
Posted By: Hornady Reloader

Re: Alcohol sales banned in PA - 11/23/20 10:24 PM

He is such a Jack wagon. And his it of a health adviser.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Alcohol sales banned in PA - 11/23/20 10:46 PM

Now they will find out what a riot really looks like.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Alcohol sales banned in PA - 11/23/20 10:52 PM

We specifically kept our liquor stores open as essential because we don't want all the drunks DTing and filling up emergency rooms or generally acting like donkeys.

Booze might be good business in PA now.... Better than fur. Fire up your stills boys.
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: Alcohol sales banned in PA - 11/23/20 10:53 PM

They tried banning alcohol once in this country. I bet it will end up the same way. LLL
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Alcohol sales banned in PA - 11/23/20 10:58 PM

As usual, this is a completely sensationalized version of the truth. Both sides, conservative and liberal do it.

From the article:

“In addition, the retail food services industry, including bars, restaurants and private catered events, must end alcohol sales for on-site consumption at 5 p.m. on Nov. 25, only.”

It is a half-day ban. It's still overreach as is the masks thing but it's not a long-term ban on alcohol sales as the misleading headline suggests.

SMH
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Alcohol sales banned in PA - 11/23/20 10:59 PM

Pine River
Is HURLEY WI. still the hot spot this time of year is was many years ago?
Posted By: coop

Re: Alcohol sales banned in PA - 11/23/20 11:00 PM

Come on over, Delaware's got plenty... said they wouldn't close because alcoholics would be worse off not drinking how's that for logic, even if it's true.

Re: Alcohol sales banned in PA - 11/23/20 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Getting There
Pike River

From what I hear its pretty tame this year. No imported Canuck "dancers" or other fun times on Silver street.

Re: Alcohol sales banned in PA - 11/23/20 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Pike River
Pike River

From what I hear its pretty tame this year. No imported Canuck "dancers" or other fun times on Silver street.

Now that is sad!
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Alcohol sales banned in PA - 11/24/20 01:48 AM

Free men don't ask permission
Posted By: midlander

Re: Alcohol sales banned in PA - 11/24/20 02:08 AM

Pike River

Happened in to that town on snowmobiles back in the early 90s, still dont have words to describe it....
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Alcohol sales banned in PA - 11/24/20 02:12 AM

Hurley has not been a red light district town of vast proportions for many decades. Not enough industry, like mining, logging, fishing etc. to bring young workers to the area which brought the brothels.
Probably a better bet would be a few years ago to head to ND and the fracking fields.

Bryce
Posted By: midlander

Re: Alcohol sales banned in PA - 11/24/20 02:36 AM

To a group of young fellas just looking to buy a new throttle cable to fix one of our sleds, not knowing a thing about Hurley, it was quite an eye opener... We still chuckle about that trip nearly 30 years later
Posted By: madcotrappwr

Re: Alcohol sales banned in PA - 11/24/20 02:37 AM

I have half gallon Jack bottles for sale now.

Re: Alcohol sales banned in PA - 11/24/20 02:37 AM

Yeah I think they cater more to the male tourist crowd that are there without their wives. And it's not huge. It's a half dozen strip joints on Silver and imported hookers once a year. I also think a bunch of Michigan people drop down for a good time. I'm far too young to have experienced any of the things I heard that happened in the 50s.

Re: Alcohol sales banned in PA - 11/24/20 03:20 AM

Yeah I think they cater more to the male tourist crowd that are there without their wives. And it's not huge. It's a half dozen strip joints on Silver and imported hookers once a year. I also think a bunch of Michigan people drop down for a good time. I'm far too young to have experienced any of the things I heard that happened in the 50s.

Deer season is what I had heard about!
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Alcohol sales banned in PA - 11/24/20 05:24 AM

Yes and with the deer herd in the UP and northern WI as low as it is now that too is changing the streets of Hurley. Lots of other places for mobile hookers to make some extra cash these days then in northern WI.

Bryce
Posted By: Owen

Re: Alcohol sales banned in PA - 11/24/20 06:27 AM

Kinda like Kennedy banning Cuban cigars. (He had a warehouse full of them) I Bet the governor has a well stocked bar.
Posted By: PA.Trapper

Re: Alcohol sales banned in PA - 11/24/20 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Owen
Kinda like Kennedy banning Cuban cigars. (He had a warehouse full of them) I Bet the governor has a well stocked bar.

He must to keep making stupid decisions like this but hey everyone can still pile into the big box stores on Friday with no additional restrictions on them. What a moron our governor and his, whatever it is health secretary.
Posted By: rvsask

Re: Alcohol sales banned in PA - 11/24/20 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Lugnut
As usual, this is a completely sensationalized version of the truth. Both sides, conservative and liberal do it.

From the article:

“In addition, the retail food services industry, including bars, restaurants and private catered events, must end alcohol sales for on-site consumption at 5 p.m. on Nov. 25, only.”

It is a half-day ban. It's still overreach as is the masks thing but it's not a long-term ban on alcohol sales as the misleading headline suggests.

SMH

Just putting this back up here in hopes just maybe one person would read it and comprehend it.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Alcohol sales banned in PA - 11/24/20 01:55 PM

He a libetard??
Posted By: 080808

Re: Alcohol sales banned in PA - 11/24/20 01:58 PM

My buddy has a distillery in Pittsburgh. He’s laughing his ...... off and counting $$$.
Posted By: Rye

Re: Alcohol sales banned in PA - 11/24/20 08:53 PM

I see Lord Cooper in NC doing the same very shortly... he's cracked down on the bars the hardest and shortened ABC hours before.
Posted By: patrapperbuster

Re: Alcohol sales banned in PA - 11/24/20 09:38 PM

Thanks rvsask. My heart is beating normally again
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Alcohol sales banned in PA - 11/24/20 10:43 PM

Looks like they are going to do something similar in MD in an effort to discourage gatherings for Thanksgiving. lol

Sounds like they think everybody is Catholic.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums