Home

I WILL make you a millionaire in 1 year

Posted By: Finster

I WILL make you a millionaire in 1 year - 11/24/20 01:51 AM

I guarantee it! Just do the exact opposite in the market that I do. It can't miss!
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: I WILL make you a millionaire in 1 year - 11/24/20 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by Finster
I guarantee it! Just do the exact opposite in the market that I do. It can't miss!

You lost a million in one year ?
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: I WILL make you a millionaire in 1 year - 11/24/20 01:54 AM

I know better than to even try. I could fall into a barrel of boobies and come out with my thumb in my mouth.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: I WILL make you a millionaire in 1 year - 11/24/20 01:55 AM

grin

Re: I WILL make you a millionaire in 1 year - 11/24/20 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by AntiGov

Nope. Not frick'in quite. However, every stock I buy falls 300% (sell short) every stock I sell raises 300% (sell long) you could start with 10 bucks and run for governor in a year! wink
Posted By: WhiteTrash 88

Re: I WILL make you a millionaire in 1 year - 11/24/20 01:58 AM

That's easy. Buy a million goats for a dollar a goat. In a year you're neighbors will pay you two dollars a goat just to get rid of them grin
Posted By: cfowler

Re: I WILL make you a millionaire in 1 year - 11/24/20 02:00 AM

I decided 3 years ago I was gonna make 2 million dollars. I’m on my second million now. Gave up on the first one.
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: I WILL make you a millionaire in 1 year - 11/24/20 02:01 AM

individual stocks?

my ETF funds are averaging >12% growth YTD
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: I WILL make you a millionaire in 1 year - 11/24/20 02:01 AM

I'm doing well but I have such a small stake that the gains do not really add up yet. I just started playing with options and sold my first one Friday, didn't quite go as planned but all's well that ends well.
Posted By: SJA

Re: I WILL make you a millionaire in 1 year - 11/24/20 02:07 AM

If you want to double your money FAST . . . fold it and stick it back in your pocket. :-)
Posted By: Bob

Re: I WILL make you a millionaire in 1 year - 11/24/20 02:24 AM

That is exactly why single stocks are a fools game. ETFs, mutual funds, REITs aren’t as sexy and fun but they consistently make returns. Never buy single stock unless you’re ready to lose every penny you put in them, might as well take that cash to Vegas and bet it all at the blackjack table, got about the same odds
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: I WILL make you a millionaire in 1 year - 11/24/20 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by Bob
That is exactly why single stocks are a fools game. ETFs, mutual funds, REITs aren’t as sexy and fun but they consistently make returns. Never buy single stock unless you’re ready to lose every penny you put in them, might as well take that cash to Vegas and bet it all at the blackjack table, got about the same odds

It all depends on the amount of money you have to invest.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: I WILL make you a millionaire in 1 year - 11/24/20 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by WhiteTrash 88
That's easy. Buy a million goats for a dollar a goat. In a year you're neighbors will pay you two dollars a goat just to get rid of them grin

grin

Re: I WILL make you a millionaire in 1 year - 11/24/20 02:33 AM

I'm actually doing pretty good with a few. Overall I've doubled my monies. It just gets painful to watch one loose all the way to the bottom. I was just posting in frustration I suppose. Overall, I've made good monies but it has taken a lot or research, time and some guts.

Re: I WILL make you a millionaire in 1 year - 11/24/20 02:36 AM

Believe it or not, there is a company here that rents 12 goats to property owners and the State to eat foliage that otherwise can't be controlled by conventional cutting means. I believe the cost was $3600.00 per day . . . HA!
Posted By: snowy

Re: I WILL make you a millionaire in 1 year - 11/24/20 02:41 AM

A day trader, that is a tough trade to be in.

Re: I WILL make you a millionaire in 1 year - 11/24/20 02:43 AM

Yeah, but they're in high demand! . . . job security I guess :-)
Posted By: Bob

Re: I WILL make you a millionaire in 1 year - 11/24/20 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Originally Posted by Bob

It all depends on the amount of money you have to invest.

No it doesn’t. More than 80% of day traders lose money in any given year. 10% break even and only 10% actually make profit. I don’t do anything with money that has an 80% chance of failure and 10% chance of success.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: I WILL make you a millionaire in 1 year - 11/24/20 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
I know better than to even try. I could fall into a barrel of boobies and come out with my thumb in my mouth.

You'd come out of the barrel?
Posted By: BvrRetriever

Re: I WILL make you a millionaire in 1 year - 11/24/20 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by nvwrangler
Originally Posted by Gary Benson

You'd come out of the barrel?

If I made my way outta that barrel, I’d have a milk mustache!!
Posted By: white17

Re: I WILL make you a millionaire in 1 year - 11/24/20 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by AntiGov

Nope. Not quite. However, every stock I buy falls 300% (sell short) every stock I sell raises 300% (sell long) you could start with 10 bucks and run for governor in a year! wink

Sounds like a discipline issue laugh

Hope isn't a strategy. Any loss can be bruising. Not only might you lose money but you have to admit to yourself you were wrong. The blow to your ego is often worse than the financial loss

But you can't win if you don't play. Maybe a different strategy is called for ??

Re: I WILL make you a millionaire in 1 year - 11/24/20 03:09 PM

Becoming wealthy is not necessarily being miserly, it is being disciplined with money and knowing the difference.

Re: I WILL make you a millionaire in 1 year - 11/24/20 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Bob

I'd have to disagree with that. I know, from reading your previous posts on the subject , that you know mutual funds and ETF's are nothing more than a collection of individual stocks. If you "lose every penny" on individual stocks, how do mutual funds & ETF's avoid that same fate ? I have never owned a mutual fund because I don't agree with the concept of diversification. I don't believe in owning losers as well as winners. I understand that not everyone is as interested in minutiae as I am, and most don't have the time required for adequate due diligence.

I have had some losers for sure, but never "every penny" ....not even close......but the winners have more than made up for it. If they didn't, I would be out of business, so to speak.

Originally Posted by Bob
No it doesn’t. More than 80% of day traders lose money in any given year. 10% break even and only 10% actually make profit. I don’t do anything with money that has an 80% chance of failure and 10% chance of success.

I agree with that completely!

Re: I WILL make you a millionaire in 1 year - 11/24/20 03:51 PM

One of my better ones is PRU I bought that just under a year ago at 44/share.
My biggest loser right now is FIT I bought that at 30/share and I doubt that's coming back any time soon. I've already had it for years and will probably have it for years to come. I just can't seem to dump it. I hate pushing that button.

Re: I WILL make you a millionaire in 1 year - 11/24/20 04:42 PM

I hear ya. That's a good lick on PRU which has a viable business model. But............IMO FIT is more of a fad. Better to take the loss and write it off and get what funds you have left in it invested in something that IS working...............again.IMO
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: I WILL make you a millionaire in 1 year - 11/24/20 04:46 PM

One of my better ones is PRU I bought that just under a year ago at 44/share.
My biggest loser right now is FIT I bought that at 30/share and I doubt that's coming back any time soon. I've already had it for years and will probably have it for years to come. I just can't seem to dump it. I hate pushing that button.

FIT?? trading at 7 bucks now

https://www.google.com/finance/quote/FIT:NYSE?sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjBg6e00JvtAhWaHM0KHUZsBsAQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw

WOW you do know how to pick em! LOL

no individual stocks for me, I am in exchange traded funds and mutual funds
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: I WILL make you a millionaire in 1 year - 11/24/20 05:01 PM

You can make a million in trapping! Just start with $2 million and trap until you are down to a million!
Posted By: danvee

Re: I WILL make you a millionaire in 1 year - 11/24/20 05:29 PM

All I know very happy with BA bought it at almost a bottom and making a good run now and think its got a ways to go maybe pre covid prices. Also TSLA but not so much with AAPL
Posted By: danvee

Re: I WILL make you a millionaire in 1 year - 11/24/20 05:32 PM

Buy a pack of tomato seeds $1.79 stick them in the ground pick em and sell 20lbs for $4.00 a pound beats selling coons.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums