Home

Instant Felons by bureaucratic decree

Posted By: warrior

Instant Felons by bureaucratic decree - 11/25/20 01:41 PM

Re: Instant Felons by bureaucratic decree - 11/25/20 01:43 PM

And before the but crowd jumps in let me point out that the ATF is an unelected agency that has independent authority to act granted to them by both the legislative and executive branches.
Posted By: fishnhunts

Re: Instant Felons by bureaucratic decree - 11/25/20 01:56 PM

I just can't believe that the government has gotten so big and out of control. Instant felons with the swipe of a pen. Outrageous!
Posted By: cfowler

Re: Instant Felons by bureaucratic decree - 11/25/20 02:10 PM

Thanks for posting Warrior.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Instant Felons by bureaucratic decree - 11/25/20 02:28 PM

Founding Fathers are Rolling
Posted By: Marty

Re: Instant Felons by bureaucratic decree - 11/25/20 03:06 PM

That may be nothing compared to what may be coming soon. Yes, it is bad and the atf as a routine does things that are very bad.

I try to live a stress free life but do not think that will be possible to do now due to my awareness of what is coming, I expect it to start right after the inauguration.. Still hoping for a miracle, Penn legislature meets today on the fraud issue.
Posted By: Andrew Eastwood

Re: Instant Felons by bureaucratic decree - 11/25/20 03:19 PM

Thank you for posting this warrior. I am thinking the alphabets will have a lot more things like this to shove down our throats in the coming years. mad
If a thing needs shoved, I like to be the one doing the shoving.
Posted By: danvee

Re: Instant Felons by bureaucratic decree - 11/25/20 03:47 PM

like the bump stocks that were made illegal??
Posted By: headache73

Re: Instant Felons by bureaucratic decree - 11/25/20 03:59 PM

So is it official? Video wouldn't play for me
Posted By: rex123

Re: Instant Felons by bureaucratic decree - 11/25/20 04:13 PM

And so it starts.
Posted By: EdP

Re: Instant Felons by bureaucratic decree - 11/25/20 04:19 PM

If you didn't see this coming you have been walking around with one eye closed and a patch over the other. Regardless, I think the courts should step in and say "you can't do that w/o providing a process that allows owners to meet newly established requirements over a specified timeframe."
Posted By: TurkeyWrangler

Re: Instant Felons by bureaucratic decree - 11/25/20 05:16 PM

Cant you just take the brace off the pistol and be legal? Is it illegal to own the brace or just have it attached to the pistol?
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Instant Felons by bureaucratic decree - 11/25/20 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by TurkeyWrangler
Cant you just take the brace off the pistol and be legal? Is it illegal to own the brace or just have it attached to the pistol?

Attaching it to the pistol they claim makes an sbr.
Just taking it off would seem to make it ok BUT then you run into constructive intent bs laws. Basically just having the parts shos you intend to make the prohibited item.

The simple 200$ solution to send in a form one to make an Sbr get in engraved and it's a non issue. Except that makes my league public land deer hunting hand gun an illegal for public land deer rifle in Indiana.

Re: Instant Felons by bureaucratic decree - 11/25/20 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by EdP
If you didn't see this coming you have been walking around with one eye closed and a patch over the other. Regardless, I think the courts should step in and say "you can't do that w/o providing a process that allows owners to meet newly established requirements over a specified timeframe."

Courts should say, you can't do that Period!

Re: Instant Felons by bureaucratic decree - 11/25/20 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by warrior
Originally Posted by EdP

Courts should say, you can't do that Period!

2nd amendment says no one should tell us what we can and can't do. Problem is we have let them get away with it for so long they just keep adding to the infringements and don't expect repercussions. mad

Re: Instant Felons by bureaucratic decree - 11/25/20 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by EdP

[Linked Image]

As long as they give us time to comply they can do whatever they want I guess? I believe the statement should stop with the court stepping in and saying " you can't do that." It's just frustrating knowing how many people are running around out there not even knowing that they are or will be in violation, then you have people saying that sb tactical owes everybody something. No, this is the government causing peril to citizens at its own accord.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Instant Felons by bureaucratic decree - 11/25/20 09:11 PM

How can this be? Isn't Trump still president?

Re: Instant Felons by bureaucratic decree - 11/25/20 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
How can this be? Isn't Trump still president?

Unelected bureaucrats trying to score brownie points with their new boss it looks like to me...
Posted By: cfowler

Re: Instant Felons by bureaucratic decree - 11/25/20 10:27 PM

Danny, a wiser older fella told me...
Sometimes, as an employer, you have to step in and take over to get the guy going in the right direction, sometimes you gotta step in and do it yourself.
Posted By: 50fps

Re: Instant Felons by bureaucratic decree - 11/25/20 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by danvee

Now would be a good time for Trump to issue another executive order reversing his first one in regards to bump stocks.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Instant Felons by bureaucratic decree - 11/25/20 10:47 PM

trump didnt issue an executive order. he told the jack booted thugs at the ATF to declare bump stocks illegal. i don't know if trump was behind this short rifle thing or not. it is a certainty he didnt try to stop it.

an executive order would not have the force of law. an "interpretation" by the thugs, does.
Posted By: nramemb

Re: Instant Felons by bureaucratic decree - 11/25/20 11:08 PM

More stupid statements
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Instant Felons by bureaucratic decree - 11/26/20 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by nramemb

More stupid statements

You're right, it was pretty stupid of trump to do that. It set a bad precedent that will likely be used by biden to further ban gun accessories by royal decree, using twisted definitions.

Common, man. If you've got any love at all for the 2a in your heart, no matter how much you love trump, surely you can see that the bumpstock ban was wrong.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Instant Felons by bureaucratic decree - 11/26/20 01:16 AM

When you lose them all it’s sure going to be quiet around here.
Posted By: patrapperbuster

Re: Instant Felons by bureaucratic decree - 11/26/20 08:14 PM

If we all acted as one we could bring them back to life

Re: Instant Felons by bureaucratic decree - 11/26/20 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by patrapperbuster
If we all acted as one we could bring them back to life

One drop of rain does nothing, but a lot of drops can come together to be a raging flood. smile
Posted By: 50fps

Re: Instant Felons by bureaucratic decree - 11/27/20 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
trump didnt issue an executive order. he told the jack booted thugs at the ATF to declare bump stocks illegal. i don't know if trump was behind this short rifle thing or not. it is a certainty he didnt try to stop it.

an executive order would not have the force of law. an "interpretation" by the thugs, does.

Sorry it was a memorandum not an Eo.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums