Home

Survival skills

Posted By: bodycount

Survival skills - 11/27/20 11:05 PM

As recent events in this country unfold, I find myself thinking of how I will survive when society collapses. I have a farm with plenty of timber for heat. It will be food, shelter and clothing. There is fresh water from field tiles. A river runs near for fish. Just will do without type2 diabetic meds. I'll be ok for a while. If its that bad, some other country will take us over and make us slaves.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Survival skills - 11/27/20 11:07 PM

You need to find good neighbors. Live together or die alone.
Posted By: Gulo

Re: Survival skills - 11/27/20 11:08 PM

Jeez! You're a ray of hope! Thanks, Sunshine. grin
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Survival skills - 11/27/20 11:14 PM

With your lifestyle change there is a good chance you will not need those meds.

What you describe is 90% of the things we spend most of our lives working for. The rest is just stuff.
Posted By: yukon254

Re: Survival skills - 11/27/20 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by bodycount
As recent events in this country unfold, I find myself thinking of how I will survive when society collapses. I have a farm with plenty of timber for heat. It will be food, shelter and clothing. There is fresh water from field tiles. A river runs near for fish. Just will do without type2 diabetic meds. I'll be ok for a while. If its that bad, some other country will take us over and make us slaves.

Check out Paleomedicina in Hungary and you wont have to buy any more type 2 diabetes meds. All you need to do is change your diet.
Posted By: patrapperbuster

Re: Survival skills - 11/27/20 11:44 PM

maybe this whole thing just found BODYCOUNT a medical outlet
Posted By: bodycount

Re: Survival skills - 11/27/20 11:46 PM

I am here to help anyone who may need help. I am trying to bring joyfull thoughts to anyone I can save in any way. I hope this makes sense to you all.

Re: Survival skills - 11/27/20 11:58 PM

Absolutely. thanks!
Posted By: EdP

Re: Survival skills - 11/28/20 12:57 AM

Survival skills are needed in some cases to get through a short rough patch but civilization depends on specialization and cooperation. If you want good tools you need a blacksmith with the skills to make them. Good stock has to be trained by folks who know what they are doing. Farming takes more than putting seed in the ground. No single person can adequately master all the skills necessary to support a decent standard of living. Most can't master more than one high level skill and some can't do that. They are the laborers and they are needed to.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Survival skills - 11/28/20 01:01 AM

Your on to why I got started on my farm journey several years ago. Took 5.5 years to get the right farm. 4 years into the farm and moving in the right direction but still a long way to go.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Survival skills - 11/28/20 01:06 AM

Or just kill all your neighbors and take their stuff. That should give you plenty to last for a while.

Re: Survival skills - 11/28/20 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Or just kill all your neighbors and take their stuff. That should give you plenty to last for a while.

A lot of people have that plan. They forget bullets are not one way and medical help will be nonexistent or severely limited.

I prefer to grow a surplus of food and be able to help those in need and have a community to help and watch out for each other. I think survival with my plan is much higher %.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Survival skills - 11/28/20 01:18 AM

If it really comes down to every person for themselves most of the 'very good plans' will not be very good. Most people are not mentally or physically prepared for what will be going on. Hesitate for .01 second and your done.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Survival skills - 11/28/20 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Originally Posted by Wanna Be

A lot of people have that plan. They forget bullets are not one way and medical help will be nonexistent or severely limited.

I prefer to grow a surplus of food and be able to help those in need and have a community to help and watch out for each other. I think survival with my plan is much higher %.

I think you are right, you can never make it alone. Even at this point we have way to many takers, and they will keep taking as long as you are willing to give.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Survival skills - 11/28/20 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty
You need to find good neighbors. Live together or die alone.

I am also in central Iowa, bodycount. I am also of like mind, so if it hits the fan we can join forces!
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Survival skills - 11/28/20 01:39 AM

I’m heading to the Hoot Colony along with others I will trade security work for good food they are pacifist they would give it all away and we cannot have that.

Re: Survival skills - 11/28/20 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Getting There
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
[quote=Wanna Be]Or just kill all your neighbors and take their stuff. That should give you plenty to last for a while.

I think you are right, you can never make it alone. Even at this point we have way to many takers, and they will keep taking as long as you are willing to give.

I'm not against killing when necessary . But those with me are dear to me and I prefer to avoid confrontation if possible. Any time bullets fly one may find its mark. I would rather hide in the ditch and let them walk by than have myself or family bleeding out in that ditch.

Now that's not saying let people take what you have or advantage of you. Just to many people think they're ak,/AR and 1k of ammo is all they need. Lol. They won't last long once they hit my kill boxes if they come my way.
Posted By: jtg

Re: Survival skills - 11/28/20 01:59 AM

Mike for networking with like minded people, training courses - https://www.americancontingency.com/
Bill for excellent training classes/courses https://www.amtacshooting.com/
Posted By: jtg

Re: Survival skills - 11/28/20 02:11 AM

Sir, it's good your prepared. It's also good to be able to understand others by the words they use about their intentions, so just prepare. Anyone that would plan to steal and hurt others in hardship is a worthless human and will get what they have coming. Hunted down like the dogs they are.

I'm not against killing when necessary . But those with me are dear to me and I prefer to avoid confrontation if possible. Any time bullets fly one may find its mark. I would rather hide in the ditch and let them walk by than have myself or family bleeding out in that ditch.

Now that's not saying let people take what you have or advantage of you. Just to many people think they're ak,/AR and 1k of ammo is all they need. Lol. They won't last long once they hit my kill boxes if they come my way.

[/quote]

Re: Survival skills - 11/28/20 11:28 PM

Great info
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Survival skills - 11/28/20 11:30 PM

Have a place all ready to disappear to.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Survival skills - 11/29/20 12:59 AM

It'll devolve into city states fighting other city states like ancient Greece,or the First nations tribes before the white man-tribes fighting tribes for food and resources(similar to the city states) and also similar to the early european neolithic village states raiding and fighting other villages outside their alliances,especially in the autum when winter stores can be plundered leaving the losers to perish.
There were no such things as countries back then.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums