Home

What if the Bible was still being written,

Posted By: Anonymous

What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/08/20 08:15 PM

And 2,000 years from now people get to read about the persons, families, places, treaties, kindness, corruption, wars, famine, pestilence, love, hatred, blessings, curses, and on and on in 2020.

Would they "look back" on us and say, That's a bunch of baloney. That never happened?

Posted By: danny clifton

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/08/20 08:27 PM

Why do you think that Mark? I haven't heard about anybody turning water into wine or coming back from the dead. What will be hard to believe about our lives in 2000 years?

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/08/20 08:34 PM

It was just a Q danny.
Just a Q.
Posted By: adam m

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/08/20 08:50 PM

That's what the Acts 29 movement was about. They constantly preached/ believed The Bible is still being written. That's 1 of the many reasons I couldn't attend those churches. I did visit a few times to see what it was about and had a sketchy feeling about it. Then I dove in deeper and realized it wasn't good. I warned friends and family but they could care less got deeper involved then got burned bad.
Posted By: NebrCatMan

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/08/20 08:57 PM

I am sure Mr June has a valid point that we all should consider. The wise man knows history repeats itself. Yet we as mankind think we are just to dang smart to let anything bad happen. Or stuff we don't want to happen we can control. Try as we might we just can't control so much in this world. I am sure history will only be believed by some, not all. Some will claim it never happened. I seen it in my short time on this earth.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/08/20 08:59 PM

2,000 years from now there might not be a here.
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/08/20 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce T

I bet they thought the same 2000 years ago.

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/08/20 09:08 PM

To be clear, I am 100% in the camp that the Bible has been completed as revealed.

My question is we face interesting happenings each century and we all think that they are "unique" to now.
But are they?

C-19? The "pandemic" that has gripped our present world in 10 months.
Will it be on a radar of radars in 2 millennia?

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/08/20 09:12 PM

yep. just like the spanish flu and the 1968 A (H3N2) flu. it will be like that in a few years

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong_flu

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_flu
Posted By: bblwi

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/08/20 09:13 PM

Lot of what was stated above has taken place from 1 AD to 2020, maybe that should be covered as well.

Bryce

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/08/20 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
yep. just like the spanish flu and the 1968 A (H3N2) flu. it will be like that in a few years

wink

Maybe the CIA and FBI could put pressure on Fang Fang, (Christine Fang) the Chinese spy they say "got close" to politicians in the news now, and see if she can tell us what virologists in China are conjuring.

She probably has friends she works with who've been partying with CIA'ers and FBI'ers in the name of diversity training.

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/08/20 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mark June
To be clear, I am 100% in the camp that the Bible has been completed as revealed.

My question is we face interesting happenings each century and we all think that they are "unique" to now.
But are they?

C-19? The "pandemic" that has gripped our present world in 10 months.
Will it be on a radar of radars in 2 millennia?

It will be barely a blip compared to most plagues in world history, I would guess.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/08/20 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by PAskinner
Originally Posted by Bruce T

I bet they thought the same 2000 years ago.

Things are getting much worse now.

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/08/20 09:25 PM

Mark,
Where do you fall in End times theory? Is Jesus putting everything right quickly at the end or is it a progressive thing where even though things look bad, the gospel actually continues to gain ground until all enemies are under his feet? Are you partial preterist or pre trib or what?
Posted By: bblwi

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/08/20 09:35 PM

We are finding ways to save more children from natal deaths and we live longer as humans and many state that it is getting worse for the world. Interesting that we solve many issues and we still find ways to believe that we are worse off today than in the past. Does not say much for enjoying better health and a longer life.

Bryce

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/08/20 09:41 PM

Well some stuff really is a threat. Like distrust in the integrity of an election or government officials talking about disarming "free" people.

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/08/20 09:42 PM

Mark,
Where do you fall in End times theory? Is Jesus putting everything right quickly at the end or is it a progressive thing where even though things look bad, the gospel actually continues to gain ground until all enemies are under his feet? Are you partial preterist or pre trib or what?

PA, You trying to get me fired? Just funning.
Well, I'll say this. If I come to campus or the hospital tomorrow and some are gone..... and I'm still here..... whatabboutmeLord? Too late.
I'm pre-millennial on that occurrence as well.

Over and over and over He gives blessed opportunities as He calls.

Here it comes.....
But, remember Ecclesiology is not the Gospel grin
Posted By: GG trapping

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/08/20 09:43 PM

The only reason why the 'Spanish flu' was so bad was because they all got the vaccine!
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/08/20 09:54 PM

Just finished reading Jordan Peterson’s 12 rules For Life. Great read! It was much much more than I expected. He references and talks about the Bible quite a bit. And in a way I’ve never heard before. Highly recommend to anyone. Religious or Atheist (which he says is not really possible).
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/08/20 10:06 PM

Its all being recorded rest assured. But if your planning on Baptising lost uncle so and so who passed on to eternity 20 yrs ago , and Baptising him into the Kingdom then might want to spend your time doing something useful. That tree done fell and won't be moving. Don't think those records are kept here on gold plates.

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/08/20 10:20 PM

Mark,

PA, You trying to get me fired? Just funning.
Well, I'll say this. If I come to campus or the hospital tomorrow and some are gone..... and I'm still here..... whatabboutmeLord? Too late.
I'm pre-millennial on that occurrence as well.

Over and over and over He gives blessed opportunities as He calls.

Here it comes.....
But, remember Ecclesiology is not the Gospel grin

Just curious. I thought you might be a partial preterist Calvinist in theology. I'm leaning that way, well, not the Calvinism part, but I was raised on rapture theory, and just can't see it in scripture. Not that it matters as far as the gospel.

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/08/20 10:22 PM

Our last semester is the capstone course on ecclesiology.
Makes sense to cover the previous 65 Books and then

..... take it on Home!

Posted By: Larry Baer

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/08/20 11:30 PM

I think that if The Lion Of Judah comes soon it won't matter. But since no ones knows when he will come - just in case he does not I would hope that the people of the year 4020 will still be trimming their wicks and looking up. I'm sure some people will be thinking that whatever plague or disease they have then is worse than those people 2000 years ago had. They might even think we were stupid for getting a vaccine. Or who knows - they might not believe it happened. It will depend on who tells the story. Since statues are being taken done and history is being re-written what will people in the year 4020 learn about us? I don't think many people will care - they will be too self-absorbed.
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/08/20 11:42 PM

I don't think today's bible would be a big seller, what with quite a few centuries having gone by without any cool things happening such as seas being parted, nets being mysteriously filled with fish, jugs of water turning into wine, every animal in the world lining up two by two to go for a boat ride.
Posted By: yukon254

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/08/20 11:46 PM

If the bible were still being written, we wouldnt know how the story ends.

Seen a few mention the gospel in this thread. Be interested to what some consider the gospel.

Ive never bought into the sinners prayer. The gospel to me is grace alone through faith alone and has nothing to do with works in any way.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/09/20 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Crit-R-Dun
I don't think today's bible would be a big seller, what with quite a few centuries having gone by without any cool things happening such as seas being parted, nets being mysteriously filled with fish, jugs of water turning into wine, every animal in the world lining up two by two to go for a boat ride.

I had a really cool thing happen to me last week while hunting deer.

I feel sad for those who cannot see everyday miracles...must be quite the dreary life.
Posted By: James

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/09/20 12:31 AM

And 2,000 years from now people get to read about the persons, families, places, treaties, kindness, corruption, wars, famine, pestilence, love, hatred, blessings, curses, and on and on in 2020.

Would they "look back" on us and say, That's a bunch of baloney. That never happened?

Probably. What evidence would we leave behind that our Good Book is true?

Jim
Posted By: Choo

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/09/20 12:37 AM

We have had some troubling days and it appears that there are more on the horizon. However up to today in the context of my short time on this earth I do not feel that anything I have seen or delt with is even close to an end of times feeling. Think of the Great Wars. Everytime it gets bad I try to put myself in that realm of thought imagine how all those jews felt being marked and loaded on train cars for death. Imagine those men on the beaches on Normandy and the droves of family back home not knowing wether or not they would ever see their loved ones again. Imagine the moment that atomic bomb was dropped on Japan. Everyone of the people who experienced these moments in time most must have thought it was end days and for many it was the end of their days on this earth. If you live your life right then you have done all the prep work you can, now it's up to the admissions board as to if you made the cut. Live your life right and leave it all on the field everyday because it might just be your last.

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/09/20 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by yukon254

Seen a few mention the gospel in this thread. Be interested to what some consider the gospel.

Ive never bought into the sinners prayer. The gospel to me is grace alone through faith alone and has nothing to do with works in any way.

One of my professors, a top 5 worldwide scholar in Historical Theology, who'se preached in Calvin's church twice in Geneva, gradated from DTS many moons ago and said when he left here with a PhD degree over 50 years ago, his version of the Gospel message was = 3 pages, front and back, single spaced....
.... and he began a lifetime in ministry.

Today, his Gospel message, he's come to realize is 10 words;

Christ came for our sins, was killed, and rose again.
Says he's trying to figure how to whittle it to 9 words.

He's my favorite professor as far as pastoral ministry encouragement. Dr. John Hannah.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/09/20 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by James

Probably. What evidence would we leave behind that our Good Book is true?Jim

Jim, You've said you have read the Bible. I happen to believe you did. What did Jesus have to say about "faith"? Why was that so important to Him? I find it very interesting that even though thousands of folks had direct access to eyewitness accounts of His miracles, many still didn't believe. you seem to be demanding absolute proof. it has NEVER worked that way...even when He walked the Earth in human form.
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/09/20 02:03 AM

If the Bible was still being written it would probably tell about a rushed vaccine that almost wiped out the world population except for a few that didn’t take it.
Think about that.

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/09/20 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by grisseldog
If the Bible was still being written it would probably tell about a rushed vaccine that almost wiped out the world population except for a few that didn’t take it.
Think about that.

Be lots more open country for us to trap but fewer people to sell our furs too!

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/09/20 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by yukon254

One of my professors, a top 5 worldwide scholar in Historical Theology, who'se preached in Calvin's church twice in Geneva, gradated from DTS many moons ago and said when he left here with a PhD degree over 50 years ago, his version of the Gospel message was = 3 pages, front and back, single spaced....
.... and he began a lifetime in ministry.

Today, his Gospel message, he's come to realize is 10 words;

Christ came for our sins, was killed, and rose again.

Says he's trying to figure how to whittle it to 9 words.

He's my favorite professor as far as pastoral ministry encouragement. Dr. John Hannah.

Blessings,
Mark

Not that I disagree with that short statement, but my question to him would be, who is "our" and is it 'our' choice ? I know what I believe, its just that I think a little more info is needed. Maybe not 3-pages though.

Although there are probably more, I am familiar with two schools of thought on this. The first is you have a choice. You can choose god or reject him. Its all on you. Then there is sovereign grace. Here you dont do the choosing, god does. No 'works' you do is going to get you through the gate. You cant even have faith or believe unless you are called by the father.
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/09/20 02:39 AM

Many are called but few are chosen

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/09/20 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by grisseldog
Think about that.

The remnant.
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/09/20 02:44 AM

BS is BS

That includes the OT, NT, and whatever crap is being written now.

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/09/20 02:48 AM

It's not mandatory enrollment like a mask grin
That's a plus, true?

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, - 12/09/20 02:48 AM

T-Rex,

I'll pray for you.

(and if it's all bs, that shouldn't bother you one whit)
© 2024 Trapperman Forums