Home

NFR Finals

Posted By: snowy

NFR Finals - 12/08/20 11:54 PM

Anyone follow them or watch them??
Posted By: Getting There

Re: NFR Finals - 12/09/20 12:25 AM

Every night so far. Those bull riders are getting bet up real bad. Round 6 tonight. Channel 122 for us. I start watching at 8.00 p.m.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: NFR Finals - 12/09/20 12:26 AM

Wife likes them guys in those strangler jeans we watched it most nights them guys are nuts easy to tell who’s a rider they all have limps when they walk around. LOL
Posted By: Outlaw99

Re: NFR Finals - 12/09/20 12:51 AM

Never miss a round. Been a great shootout so far; no ones got a sure thing tied up yet. Bunch of young buckers in the rough stock not intimidated by the finals. Great finals so far. Also interesting watching how the new bigger arena is affecting things thus far.
Posted By: cat daddy

Re: NFR Finals - 12/09/20 01:19 AM

Live rodeo, dont care for the all pink night last night. Wearing pink does not cure cancer anymore than wearing green produces leprechauns!
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: NFR Finals - 12/09/20 01:35 AM

Good show not as polished as the Vegas show but still beats any other sport.
Posted By: Mike Cope

Re: NFR Finals - 12/09/20 04:58 AM

Mom keeps me updated on the Local kids Through out the season. She has the Cowboy Channel and is not afraid to use it. LOL.
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: NFR Finals - 12/09/20 05:25 AM

I've been watching when I can it's a great show wherever it is I look forward to things getting back to semi normal again.

And a full rodeo season hopefully will be happening in 2021 .
Allan
Posted By: KYtrapper2005

Re: NFR Finals - 12/09/20 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by cat daddy
Live rodeo, dont care for the all pink night last night. Wearing pink does not cure cancer anymore than wearing green produces leprechauns!

No sir it doesn’t cure cancer but it shows support and awareness. When I found out my grandma had breast cancer I was devastated but praise God she’s a survivor! If it shows how I support and love my grandma I’ll wear a full pink jumpsuit! I don’t know if you have experienced a loved one with breast cancer I pray you never do hopefully you’ll understand.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: NFR Finals - 12/09/20 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by KYtrapper2005

No sir it doesn’t cure cancer but it shows support and awareness. When I found out my grandma had breast cancer I was devastated but praise God she’s a survivor! If it shows how I support and love my grandma I’ll wear a full pink jumpsuit! I don’t know if you have experienced a loved one with breast cancer I pray you never do hopefully you’ll understand.

This^^^^^ mom has breast cancer.
Posted By: Remington700

Re: NFR Finals - 12/09/20 09:22 AM

My daughter is a barrel racer and gives me the play by play daily. We were actually going to go watch live. We decided against it with all this covid mess and it was expensive. Maybe when it returns to Vegas we will go.

Re: NFR Finals - 12/09/20 02:49 PM

Not to hijack this post but I'm happy and proud to see a audience full of pink shirts, hats , coats or even gloves like the gate man wore at a tough enough to wear pink night at a rodeo or any other event because of all the money raised to help fight cancer and to try and find a cure .

Which is tough to do there's over 3,600 different types of cancer so it's a uphill battle from word go !

Yes I've been around and seen the effects of cancer first hand , my grandmother survived a double mastectomy and lived into her late 80's

My dad died in 1990 of prostate cancer before he got to see both of his grandkids and now great grandkids .

My mom died in 2015 of ovarian cancer she did get to see her grand kids grow up and most of her great grandkids .

My college girl friend survived 24 cancer surgeries and 2 year's of treatments and is now cancer FREE

Then there's me I came down with basically throat cancer and spent close to 10 weeks in a hospital or a cancer treatment unit and can proudly say I'm cancer FREE .

During my time there a long time friend and one fine coyotes caller and trapper didn't survive his battle with cancer .

I'll admit the Dr's , dentist's and a oral surgeon have been removing or repairing parts and pieces on me because of either the cancer or the treatments but I'm still kicking because of the on going research and development for fighting cancer .
On December 26 2017 I had my last cancer treatment and have been cancer FREE ever since I give my nurse's a " lifesaver " every time I go in for a check up as my way of thanking them for a job well done because I got to ring a bell when it I was officially cancer FREE since my parent's didn't get to.

So when you watch a PBR event or rodeo on tv from Montana on tough enough to wear pink I'll be there remembering those who went before me .
Allan
Posted By: Monster Toms

Re: NFR Finals - 12/09/20 02:53 PM

Well said Allen. THANK YOU!

Re: NFR Finals - 12/09/20 03:31 PM

^ x2. Thanks

Re: NFR Finals - 12/09/20 03:40 PM

Well I don't like seeing all the pink this that and another but until a cure is found to this awful disease I'll be there doing what I can even if it's wearing a pink shirt I've got 7 grandkids who are really happy I'm still around to do things with ha ha

Oh I forgot you may not see me in the audience because chances are I'll be a camera opp for the event ha ha
You're welcome Tom .
Allan

Re: NFR Finals - 12/09/20 03:43 PM

You have a great time Allan!!! I'm jealous!!!

Re: NFR Finals - 12/09/20 04:07 PM

Oh I try ha ha to add to my above thoughts on not liking to see all that pink , I'll be happy when little kids or anyone else never has to deal with cancer or treatments fighting cancer .
I'll step down off the soap box for now .
Allan

Re: NFR Finals - 12/09/20 11:09 PM

TTT because another round starts soon
Posted By: cbat

Re: NFR Finals - 12/10/20 12:02 AM

I am enjoying the Texas production much more than Vegas format. Nice to watch all 15 contestants without a commercial break in the middle.

Re: NFR Finals - 12/10/20 01:04 AM

The arena is huge too and the team ropers still don't like the corner to the left of the box ha ha

Re: NFR Finals - 12/10/20 01:10 AM

Team ropers whine almost as much as barrel racers

Re: NFR Finals - 12/10/20 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by KYtrapper2005

Sorry, but much like racism, it will never be overcome. Too much money involved. Prayers for your grandna.

Re: NFR Finals - 12/10/20 02:21 AM

In the saddle bronc riding why is there a yellow flag on the ground. What did they do wrong?

Re: NFR Finals - 12/10/20 02:32 AM

Missed the horse out of the chute. Both feet have to be in contact over the points of the shoulder on the first jump out of the chute.

Same in bareback

Re: NFR Finals - 12/10/20 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by Getting There
In the saddle bronc riding why is there a yellow flag on the ground. What did they do wrong?

Didn’t mark the horse out. You must have your feet over the horses shoulders when he leaves the chute.

Re: NFR Finals - 12/10/20 02:48 AM

In the tie down roping why is the a rope that is hooked to the rider and then comes off when he is running down the rope to the calf?

Re: NFR Finals - 12/10/20 02:49 AM

That called a jerk line, makes the horse back up to help hold the rope tight till the cowboy gets to the calf

Re: NFR Finals - 12/10/20 02:52 AM

Barrel racing is so you have time to get a beer before bull riding. Just fyi

Re: NFR Finals - 12/10/20 02:55 AM

Anybody know what rodeo queens and tornados have in common?

Re: NFR Finals - 12/10/20 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by nvwrangler
That called a jerk line, makes the horse back up to help hold the rope tight till the cowboy gets to the calf

Thanks for the reply. Lots of little thing that they never tell you about.

Re: NFR Finals - 12/10/20 03:38 AM

Man did that bull ring the one rider clock, I hope is ok! What great camera work. Some ride look easy and then there are the other ones.
frown

Re: NFR Finals - 12/10/20 03:40 AM

Anytime always fun to see someone watch that close
Posted By: WakopaWalker

Re: NFR Finals - 12/10/20 03:47 AM

Those are just roping reins. The main rein is one loop from left side to right side, so they don't fall down underfoot when the roper drops the reins. The other line is a lead line, to lead the horse with. When your riding, it gets tucked into your belt.

Re: NFR Finals - 12/10/20 11:40 PM

Nobody goinna bite?

Re: NFR Finals - 12/11/20 12:07 AM

In Team Roping what is around the head of the steer? Is it to protect the steer from rope burn?
Posted By: MJM

Re: NFR Finals - 12/11/20 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Getting There
In Team Roping what is around the head of the steer? Is it to protect the steer from rope burn?

Yes.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: NFR Finals - 12/11/20 01:16 AM

Nobody goinna bite?

Ok lets have it! Rags has us preconditioned for the bad jokes around here

Re: NFR Finals - 12/11/20 01:22 AM

Leftlane
They both end up in trailer parks about 3 o'clock in the morning.

Re: NFR Finals - 12/11/20 01:23 AM

I even tried googling it, nothing. Lol

Re: NFR Finals - 12/11/20 01:25 AM

grin

Re: NFR Finals - 12/11/20 01:35 AM

The guy that got stomped by that bull last night was in the icu but should get out today from there to a room. Broken clavicle and collapsed lung the guy was lucky to be alive.

Update if it’s in his chest area it was banged up.

Re: NFR Finals - 12/11/20 03:52 AM

When he and the bull bumped heads his helmet went flying he was knocked out cold the the bull stepped dead center of his chest thankfully his vest did it's job .
Donny Gay said he's got a long list of bruised internal organs , yes he'll be really stiff and sore for awhile but the bull didn't kick or step on his head but on the protective vest .

Hailey Kinsel rocked the barrel racing record with a time of 16.56 talk about a controled run away ha ha

Re: NFR Finals - 12/11/20 03:56 AM

How about those rank pens? The guys had to earn every second to post a score tonight!

Re: NFR Finals - 12/11/20 04:00 AM

^^ Thanks for the update! I seen that ride when he got stepped on the chest. I was wondering how it turned out. I sure hope he recoveries from that blow. it sure did look ugly when it happened.

Re: NFR Finals - 12/11/20 05:09 AM

Yes sir it was a tough night but the TV pen always is it's such a treat to watch some of the best bucking stock of all time .

I'm just happy I don't have to pick the bucking stock for each round and for the reride pens also .

Re: NFR Finals - 12/11/20 05:14 AM

Bull riding looks like a high school rodeo after watching the PBR. But still fun to watch. At least theres no draft and you get all of Donny's little quips lol

Re: NFR Finals - 12/12/20 03:16 AM

That guy that got stomped is in the stands today watching tonight.

Re: NFR Finals - 12/12/20 03:36 AM

Good watchin every single night.
Those daggum bronc riders from Utah can sure ride a bull away from their hand. The first time I saw Ryder out he won a go round at the Jr High finals on a whale of a charolais bull that turned back about 10 times in 8 seconds. The kid spurred him every jump like the rest of us wish we could spur one into out hand.

Also- am I the only one who thinks Jeff Askey looks just like Mike Lee on the back of a bull?

Re: NFR Finals - 12/12/20 03:47 AM

That little gal in barrel racing is clean going to town. You do not realize how fast there are going until you see the come back into the shoot at the end. Looks like a real party before and after the events are over.
Posted By: Outlaw99

Re: NFR Finals - 12/12/20 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
Good watchin every single night.
Those daggum bronc riders from Utah can sure ride a bull away from their hand. The first time I saw Ryder out he won a go round at the Jr High finals on a whale of a charolais bull that turned back about 10 times in 8 seconds. The kid spurred him every jump like the rest of us wish we could spur one into out hand.

Also- am I the only one who thinks Jeff Askey looks just like Mike Lee on the back of a bull?

He sure does. I like how he rides...all business. Anyone else think they marked Tim O’Connell a little low on that ride tonight? I didn’t think he was as good as Casey, but I thought he should have at least placed.

Re: NFR Finals - 12/12/20 04:15 AM

He should be called “Studson Wright”!

Re: NFR Finals - 12/12/20 04:23 PM

He should be called “Studson Wright”!

Which one? They are all handy as (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) and a classy bunch- every last one of them.

and yeah OL99- I would have marked O'Connell a few more.

Re: NFR Finals - 12/12/20 04:26 PM

Oh and speaking of studs- wait until Jess Pope's littlest brother makes the big time. His nickname has been Judd the Stud since he was 4 years old LOL. In the middle is Ty Pope and I spent a lot of time with that family thinking the whole time that he was a far better bull rider than his brother and can probably do anything older brother does on a bareback horse too. Good people and handy kids
© 2024 Trapperman Forums