Home

Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages

Posted By: Ohiowoodchuck

Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 01:09 AM

I’ve been having trouble getting some packages lately. I bought a dozen mink traps off a guy in Pennsylvania he shipped them on November 23, they came to Columbus, Ohio then went to New York then back to Columbus then went farther north to Delaware Ohio then been sitting there for four days now. I bought 3 dozen stretchers off another person in Pennsylvania and I got one dozen in a couple of days and the other two are still sitting in Columbus for a week now. I got the same situation with another big order. I’m waiting on about 10 packages and I’m just really mad. Anybody else having the same problems.
Posted By: cat daddy

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 01:10 AM

No
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 01:11 AM

USPS is so slow these days...took 11 days from chicago to down state
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 01:12 AM

I've been having trouble with USPS for the last several weeks. A book shipped from Indiana made it to my local facility and was supposed to arrive the next day. Five days later it arrived three hundred miles south at a facility in Norfolk, Virginia. For five more days tracking updates kept saying "Arriving today by 9:00 PM. " It finally showed up about a week later.

Mail (rent checks) from Allentown usually arrives in two days, it's been taking up to five days.

We sent a package to my daughter who is serving overseas. My wife paid $80+ ($50.00 more than the slower option) to get it to Chicago in two days where the military will handle it from there. Nine days later it finally arrived.
Posted By: fieldsy

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 01:13 AM

Yes, 3-5 days late on many items...
Posted By: Sawmill Creek

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 01:15 AM

I just got a shipment of mice from the other side of NY that took almost 2 weeks and was rotten. I have a bunch of customers orders stranded in Rochester NY about 2 hours from me for days now.
We shipped a bunch of orders this past Friday and all but one is in Rochester. The one that isn't in Rochester was out for delivery in California this morning
Posted By: Sawmill Creek

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 01:15 AM

I just got a shipment of mice from the other side of NY that took almost 2 weeks and was rotten. I have a bunch of customers orders stranded in Rochester NY about 2 hours from me for days now.
We shipped a bunch of orders this past Friday and all but one is in Rochester. The one that isn't in Rochester was out for delivery in California this morning

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 01:16 AM

I had another one a few weeks ago. I bought two large flat rate boxes of conibears from a member here. They was coming from New York and one got here in a couple days and the other went clear to California and back. Took about three weeks to get the second one.

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Sawmill Creek

I got 5 boxes of traps held up at Rochester for 3 days now.
Posted By: 3fox

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 01:23 AM

usps would be faster if they didn't have to deliver half of ups's packages. everyday I see that brown truck back into our local post and unload on them. they would also be faster if everybody didn't sit at home and order everything from there couch. ever since this pandemic hit everybody shops from home.
Posted By: tlguy

USPS can't even seem to deliver my regular mail on time. I have that USPS Informed Delivery that shows me scanned images of mail I'm getting, but those pieces sometimes show up 1-2 days later.
Posted By: Nd native

What takes normally 4 days, is taking me 8 or 9.
Posted By: Co�s

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 01:29 AM

It’s been terrible. Mailed some traps to my buddy in Ohio that has a beaver flooding his yard. Sent them 3 day priority last Wednesday and he still hasn’t got them.
Posted By: trappingthomas

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 01:29 AM

Leave them be they are trying to figure out what to do with all the Trump ballots! But seriously daughter can not get mail from local colleges delivered. She finally told them not to use the USPS any more. Two full ride offers not delivered! The colleges have been great communicating and she has been on the phone non-stop with them other wise she would not have known. And seriously we used this service to handle an election!!! What a joke!

Update she just told me she received the one offer marked sent ten days ago. Hour drive to the school.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 01:30 AM

My packages are coming a lot quicker than I planned, lol. I’m expecting stuff to take several extra days and it’s coming on time or early and my wife is getting the packages before I can! She’s thinking she’s having a huge Christmas and actually I am, lol!
Posted By: Roy Greenfield

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 01:41 AM

I sent a priority mail large package last month to Wyoming. $22+ for postage and the two day trip took 2 1/2 weeks to arrive.
At the same time UPS is doing all they can to proved good service. Had a delivery last week by ups driving a U Haul truck.
Yesterday the UPS driver was in his own car.
Roy

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by 3fox
You do realize that the postmaster general was handpicked by Trump.

The Board of Governors of the United States Postal Service appoints the Postmaster General., not the President.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 01:49 AM

usps has been horrible for the last several months
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 01:50 AM

my brother-in-law (big rig driver for USPS) just told his mom not to mail a rum cake to him now (PA to AZ), because he wouldn't get it until his birthday (late January).

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 01:54 AM

All of my stuff delivered through ups or fed ex has been right on time. I think I did have a one day delay on a fed ex delivery a couple weeks ago but that was worst case. The brown Santa haven’t let me down yet.
Posted By: GritGuy

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 01:58 AM

I stop mailing things the first week of December unless it's required by the customer, things back up to fast, been this way for years now, this year is just worse because of the virus and the election debacle.

Always tell the customers your on your own if you wish a delivery in December after the first week.

Even if I order parts I try to do so in September for my needs

Other wise I don't ever have a problem with USPS, they work great for me !!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by Sawmill Creek

I guess the shipper had to say No about anything in the package being perishable...but too bad they got to you rotten
Posted By: Posco

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 02:10 AM

Their tracking numbers are a joke. Terrible.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 02:11 AM

You pay for 2-3 day service and it takes a week to get it there then they say it’s perishable but take zero responsibility for any of it.

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 02:14 AM

Big Government at work.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 02:21 AM

I hope I can get a letter on time. I'm expecting a check from selling some stock in 9 days.

I'm also getting ready to send off my old pellet gun to mac 1 in California to be beefed up and rebuilt
. I'm will to pay for next day air ect.. but now I'm wondering who to ship it through and if that would be a wast of money.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 03:37 AM

It's not just the USPS all shipping places are extremely slow these days. People are staying home and ordering everything on line and they aren't equipped to handle the huge influx of items to be delivered.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 03:46 AM

Yep. Took me 4 weeks to get a package from Pennsylvania and it ended up just being a boxful of ballots voting for Trump. smile
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 03:51 AM

Taking about a week longer then normal.
Posted By: MJM

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 03:54 AM

They have been over loaded with fake Biden ballets. Isn't there states still counting? If so they are still hauling them. If the states are all done counting it should only be bad for about another month. They will add them in too.
Posted By: Slick Pan

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 05:29 AM

Who has the answer or excuse to why the delays are occuring ?Fedex and ups are fine but the postal service is a disaster.So we got 6 + million unemployed.Who to heck is running this operation? Maybe they need to put some of these people to work.How about servicing one of the most important jobs right now which is getting the mailed delivered.Were to heck is the government?
Posted By: Hornady Reloader

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 05:33 AM

Still waiting for Fed Ex to delivery my package that I was suppose to get last Thursday.
Posted By: Minker

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 06:36 AM

Had 1 stranded in Roachester , n.y. too for a week, then stranded in Cowlumbus for another week.
Took 2 days to make it 45 miles to here .
Fedex & ups , amazon prime , they get it done .
Usps , they Suck.
Posted By: TurkeyWrangler

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 11:44 AM

Yep. Memphis seems to be the big hold up here. Either coming or going when a package hits Memphis it falls into a void.
Posted By: Rat_Pack

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 12:20 PM

Terrible service, but they'll get their next rate increase without much flack at all
Posted By: EdP

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 12:26 PM

Had a package disappear for 3 days after leaving Charleston W Va on it's way to my local post office, a 3 hr drive. It did finally arrive.
Posted By: trapper4002

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 12:30 PM

I live in a rural area in Pa. we used to have two mail carriers now down to one and she had covaid recently so we didn't get any mail for over a week and even though we are now getting mail is hit and miss since she is running two routes plus delivering Amazon
Posted By: garymc

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 12:53 PM

I have had several issues with slow shipping. Last week I went to ship and item that I needed to arrive by Friday. I was shipping on Monday. The window person told be that 3 day priority is no longer guaranteed in 3 days, but for $25 more I could have it there in 3 days. I asked the window lady why 3 day priority was no longer guaranteed, but I could pay extra to have it guaranteed? She replied thats just the way it is.
Posted By: one toe

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 01:04 PM

When operating with a drawn down workforce who are getting the job done using overtime, and someone cuts out the OT things slow down. On top that, this covid problem. The Harrisburg processing center had over 170 call offs. Managers are upset, but the instructions are if you have the symptoms you are to call off. Then tests take about 5 days. It's a wonder things are getting through as fast as they are.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by MJM
They have been over loaded with fake Biden ballets. Isn't there states still counting? If so they are still hauling them. If the states are all done counting it should only be bad for about another month. They will add them in too.

Truth
Posted By: Posco

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 02:09 PM

It only took seven days for my package to make it from New Jersey to Bangor, Maine. It's still 120 miles or two days away. Privatize it.
Posted By: Yooper1978

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 02:11 PM

Yes, averaging a month on media mail for me. Two different orders, two different people. Tom Miranda and Jim Spencer. I know it isn’t their fault at all. All they can do is hand it to the post office. Is this how people felt years ago when we didn’t have instant results like the internet!!

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 02:17 PM

Our post office is the size of a fifth wheel camper our postmaster would rather send our mail back if it has our old address on it then put it in the box in front of her to be delivered.
Posted By: Muddyrat

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 02:37 PM

Had a whole bucket of black walnuts in my garage that I dye my traps in rot from to much moisture this fall . Placed a order with MTP two weeks ago so I could get my traps back in the ground . They sent it usps and I’m still waiting for it to show up
Posted By: snowy

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 03:39 PM

Yes & No. I don't get exited about that type of thing. It is what it is and nothing I can do about it, so I take one day at a time. I do appreciate all those people do in a very upside down time in our lives.
Posted By: cohunt

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 03:41 PM

Not just USPS. Everything is moving very slowly. Far to few planes hauling far too much mail so lots is being trucked instead. Way too few folks sorting and some are new so mistakes are being made and things get tossed into the wrong bin and head north instead of south. Many dealers on ebay have put their entire listings on vacation so they cannot be sold until after Christmas when the current glut is expected to clear up a bit, BUT shipping will likely not be back to near normal until after the covid virus is really controlled and people return to shopping in stores rather than via internet. No system, private or government could ever have a doubling of volume AND a sharp reduction in work force occur simultaneously and still keep up. And do not think I wrote this because I am a happy camper. I currently have 15 packages either stuck or slowly moving so I am affected some personally.

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 03:56 PM

The people don't want or pay for excuses.They want service.There is a covid issue but that has been an issue for months same as with the shipping delays.So tell me.Where is the management of the system?Like I said 6 million people out of work and you can't find a way to get it done because of excuses.We have a military what about them?The sole problem lies with the government.I wonder who is in charge ? I will give you one guess.

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 03:58 PM

Fed Ex and UPS are not government and are part of the problem.
Posted By: 50fps

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 04:08 PM

Waited on a package from Ohio for 11 days through Fedex it sat in Hammond, Indiana for 5 of those days. Called fedex and inquired with no resolve, then called the company I bought the item from and they lit a fire under them. Package started moving within a couple hours and arrived yesterday in a unmarked van.

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 04:11 PM

Probably a private contractor who did the delivery, a costly and inefficient option that is not available to USPS
Posted By: Actor

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 04:11 PM

Yep... having same problem. I believe some of it is this screwy deal between UPS and USPS... I had a package shipped by UPS to Newark where I live... then shipped to some other place in Ohio, where it set for 4 days and then sent back to Newark to be delivered by USPS. I sent UPS a nasty-gram. I am sure it didn't do any good, except made me feel a little better.

Garry-
Posted By: white17

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 04:26 PM

A family member shipped me some perishable items from Los Angeles on Monday. He was told that "guaranteed overnight to Anchorage" would take 3 days ! No joke !

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 04:35 PM

Probably had to set her down a couple times enroute so the crew could stretch their legs.

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by cohunt
Probably had to set her down a couple times enroute so the crew could stretch their legs.

Not much room on those 747's

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 08:27 PM

My UPS and FEDEX packages have been arriving in good time yet my postal service packages have set in warehouses for weeks without movement.Yes I know that UPS and Fedex are not government.Most of the issue is the USPS which is government.UPS has a deal with USPS and once its in the USPS hands it slows down.

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 08:34 PM

FDX comes through the post office here. UPS does not
Posted By: ksp107

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 09:14 PM

YES!!!!! Have a package "out in space" somewhere that was coming from Harlan, KY to me in Harned, KY which is about 4 hours away.... It was last tracked in Knoxville, TN
Posted By: bankrunner

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 09:22 PM

Seems like UPS is every day delivery here and FedEx is every couple. Few packages in the mail, but most is through Amazon Prime.
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 10:50 PM

Constantly late. Held up an hour from the house for 5 days or more.

When you hire inferior workers, you get inferior service.
Posted By: Niteblaster

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/09/20 11:59 PM

I'm waiting on a package that has been processed through Forrest Park Il. Post Office for the 5th time today since Nov. 30th. Still hasn't managed to make it out of there one time.

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/10/20 12:45 AM

Well at least I know I’m not the only one with this problem.
Posted By: tlguy

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/12/20 06:40 PM

USPS got me good with this one. Wonder how many times they can accept the same package?

[Linked Image]

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/12/20 06:45 PM

Seen a UPS truck delivering today on a Saturday. I sent a box UPS to a buddy in OK City the other day it took 3 days.

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/12/20 06:48 PM

The USPS sent me a letter today requesting that, as a business owner, I take a survey rating my satisfaction with their various services.

There were even comment sections.

Now they know.

LOL
Posted By: pintail_drake04

Re: Anybody having trouble getting there Usps packages - 12/12/20 08:40 PM

we ship about a couple hundred packages a week. and it's crazy it takes five to seven days for our packages that we pay for priority, to get from southern Illinois to St louis. and then they'll sit at St Louis for a week or two before they leave. there is no call for that. customers get upset with us, but our hands are tied so long as their package is still showing processing and scanned in at a sorting facility.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums