Home

Let's face reality

Posted By: otterc

Let's face reality - 12/12/20 10:47 PM

I wish we would just let it run its course. It is called survival of the fittest. We do not hear anything in the news about Sweden anymore. They were blasted by the world media for moving on pretty much as normal. I would really like to know how many people with no underlying health conditions have died from covid. If it is under one percent, than this whole situation is a crock. I just talked to a friend who I taught how to trap several years ago. I asked him how this covid bull had treated him. He laughed and said all the people in his household had had it or tested positive. He tested positive, asymptomatic no symptoms, his wife who is a little overweight fought it like a cold, his daughter the same, his granddaughter a little fussy for a few days. The one hit hardest (not hospitalized) was the daughters boyfriend. Yes, I have personally lost people to covid. My dad passed away last April (underlying Conditions) and my sister-in-law's mother (underlying conditions) last October. I am a school teacher and see each day what we are putting people through. I was in tears on Thursday, because all of my students showed up for the first time in our third week of going virtual for the second time this year. This is my 32 year and I am calling it quits at the end of the school year. This is just a bunch of bull####.
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: Let's face reality - 12/12/20 10:52 PM

Japan has had more suicides in the last month than Covid deaths in the last year.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Let's face reality - 12/12/20 10:55 PM

You did not mention the fact that 1 in 3 that come down with Covid end up having long term complications. To me that is a game changer. This country will be paying dearly for many years to come in the increased cost of healthcare and loss of productivity that is likely to follow.
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: Let's face reality - 12/12/20 11:03 PM

long term effects, ICUs nearing capacity, the whole situation is a mess. No good options but "running its course" would have overwhelmed our health care system months ago. Its getting bad and next few months going to be rough. Light at end of tunnel now though.

Re: Let's face reality - 12/12/20 11:05 PM

you mentioned Sweden...12 December 2020

"Sweden is running out of intensive care beds amid soaring cases of Covid-19 and may have to reach out to other nations, an expert has warned.

Intensive care units in the capital, Stockholm, hit hardest during the country's second wave, hit 99 per cent capacity this week, the Daily Mail reports.

Sweden, which remained staunchly lockdown-free while most of the world adopted restrictions, may soon need to reach out to its neighbours for help."

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/co...s-cases-soar/NV27IJI3G7RSG5XDC2OQROZVKM/

Re: Let's face reality - 12/12/20 11:13 PM

good article on herd immunity published in Nature

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02948-4
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Let's face reality - 12/12/20 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
You did not mention the fact that 1 in 3 that come down with Covid end up having long term complications. To me that is a game changer. This country will be paying dearly for many years to come in the increased cost of healthcare and loss of productivity that is likely to follow.

Oh well. We've been burdened by problems from every decade.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Let's face reality - 12/12/20 11:16 PM

I know but in 4 years we have the opportunity to change that grin just not in this god forsaken state
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Let's face reality - 12/12/20 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by H2ORat

I know but in 4 years we have the opportunity to change that grin just not in this god forsaken state

Or here
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Let's face reality - 12/12/20 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by otterc
I wish we would just let it run its course. It is called survival of the fittest. We do not hear anything in the news about Sweden anymore. They were blasted by the world media for moving on pretty much as normal. I would really like to know how many people with no underlying health conditions have died from covid. If it is under one percent, than this whole situation is a crock. I just talked to a friend who I taught how to trap several years ago. I asked him how this covid bull had treated him. He laughed and said all the people in his household had had it or tested positive. He tested positive, asymptomatic no symptoms, his wife who is a little overweight fought it like a cold, his daughter the same, his granddaughter a little fussy for a few days. The one hit hardest (not hospitalized) was the daughters boyfriend. Yes, I have personally lost people to covid. My dad passed away last April (underlying Conditions) and my sister-in-law's mother (underlying conditions) last October. I am a school teacher and see each day what we are putting people through. I was in tears on Thursday, because all of my students showed up for the first time in our third week of going virtual for the second time this year. This is my 32 year and I am calling it quits at the end of the school year. This is just a bunch of bull####.

Humans don’t live by survival of the fittest. If we did you would most likely be dead by now. Isn’t it great?
Posted By: Boco

Re: Let's face reality - 12/13/20 01:24 AM

^^^LOL.
Posted By: Bob

Re: Let's face reality - 12/13/20 02:21 AM

If you get it and you are otherwise healthy, there is a good chance you won’t die. There is also a good chance it will give you irreparable heart and/or lung damage which will likely shorten your life considerably. No good way out of this whole deal.
Posted By: danvee

Re: Let's face reality - 12/13/20 02:50 AM

Never figured it was survival of the fittest, but survival of the most adaptable.
Posted By: Kansas Cat

Re: Let's face reality - 12/13/20 02:57 AM

We sacrificed our small businesses and ended up in the same place as a country that didn't. Who did the right thing?
Posted By: Boco

Re: Let's face reality - 12/13/20 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by Jurassic Park
Originally Posted by otterc

Humans don’t live by survival of the fittest. If we did you would most likely be dead by now. Isn’t it great?

It'll be survival of the fattest when all the money dries up and the food is gone.
Posted By: wallfur

Re: Let's face reality - 12/13/20 04:20 AM

....so does smoking! what your source? 1 in 3 seems high.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Let's face reality - 12/13/20 04:43 AM

I know over 10 people that had it and didn’t even know they had it...what complications will they have? What’s even stranger is while they had it and didn’t know it, no one else in their family got it, so will they have complications as well?
Posted By: billcat

Re: Let's face reality - 12/13/20 04:47 AM

How come there are not 3 million dead chinamen?
Posted By: nate

Re: Let's face reality - 12/13/20 05:05 AM

No flu this year. can't figure out where it went.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Let's face reality - 12/13/20 05:10 AM

Where did you come up with that figure ? Covid hasn’t even been around long enough to determine if there will be long term complications. Give us information on the research for this.

Re: Let's face reality - 12/13/20 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper

Where did you come up with that figure ? Covid hasn’t even been around long enough to determine if there will be long term complications. Give us information on the research for this.

Mayo Clinic, Danbury Hospital, WHO and CDC all have published literature on the damage the virus causes to your heart, brain and lungs.

Re: Let's face reality - 12/13/20 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by wallfur
....so does smoking! what your source? 1 in 3 seems high.

Smoking is a personal decision. Apples to oranges.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Let's face reality - 12/13/20 02:26 PM

the problem, has I see it is you can't trust anything that you read , according to my cancer doctor , all the information out there has some lie's in it
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Let's face reality - 12/13/20 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper Dahlgren
the problem, has I see it is you can't trust anything that you read , according to my cancer doctor , all the information out there has some lie's in it

Probably true
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Let's face reality - 12/13/20 02:39 PM

what are the long term impacts of isolation, loss of income, increased drinking, increased mental stress, decreased exercise, etc. etc?
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Let's face reality - 12/13/20 02:42 PM

My brother has 5 different issue's, got diagnosed with cancer and then got tested positive for covid, he's 68 years old, was sick for awhile but got over it, same with his wife.

ALOT of the positive's with no symptoms are more likely false positives, they keep ratcheting up the numbers to keep everyone scared to death. Mask mandates continue even
though by now anyone with common sense can figure out they don't work or the virus wouldn't continue spreading like it is. Long ago mask study's were done to see if they could stop the flu virus, remember that old virus that kills 50,000 annually that doesn't even exist anymore? Anyway the results of the study's showed wearing mask work about as well at keeping you virus's as putting up chicken wire will keep out dust!

People can't get it through their head man is not in control of much, we can't change the climate of the planet and we can't stop a virus from making it's way through a population of people. It's going to run it's course no matter what we do or don't do. Stay scared my friends.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Let's face reality - 12/13/20 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by billcat

Because their government had a plan and followed it. Testing, quarantining, and forced mask wearing.

Now everything back to normal...pandemic over.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Let's face reality - 12/13/20 06:34 PM

Because their government had a plan and followed it. Testing, quarantining, and forced mask wearing.

And welding doors shut and killing people who don't comply. Nice plan.
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Let's face reality - 12/13/20 06:36 PM

Communism said it is easie and cheaper r to destroy within, then go to war.....

Re: Let's face reality - 12/13/20 07:50 PM

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2771581

good read which offers some early data on current understanding of this
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Let's face reality - 12/13/20 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jtrapper
My brother has 5 different issue's, got diagnosed with cancer and then got tested positive for covid, he's 68 years old, was sick for awhile but got over it, same with his wife.

ALOT of the positive's with no symptoms are more likely false positives, they keep ratcheting up the numbers to keep everyone scared to death. Mask mandates continue even
though by now anyone with common sense can figure out they don't work or the virus wouldn't continue spreading like it is. Long ago mask study's were done to see if they could stop the flu virus, remember that old virus that kills 50,000 annually that doesn't even exist anymore? Anyway the results of the study's showed wearing mask work about as well at keeping you virus's as putting up chicken wire will keep out dust!

People can't get it through their head man is not in control of much, we can't change the climate of the planet and we can't stop a virus from making it's way through a population of people. It's going to run it's course no matter what we do or don't do. Stay scared my friends.

X2.
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Let's face reality - 12/13/20 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by ILcooner
you mentioned Sweden...12 December 2020

"Sweden is running out of intensive care beds amid soaring cases of Covid-19 and may have to reach out to other nations, an expert has warned.

Intensive care units in the capital, Stockholm, hit hardest during the country's second wave, hit 99 per cent capacity this week, the Daily Mail reports.

Sweden, which remained staunchly lockdown-free while most of the world adopted restrictions, may soon need to reach out to its neighbours for help."

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/co...s-cases-soar/NV27IJI3G7RSG5XDC2OQROZVKM/

I bet they dont have to . over running icus is a relative term all them emergency field hospitals were built and barley used all the while they were screaming they were overrunng their icus .
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Let's face reality - 12/13/20 09:55 PM

^^ can't think for himself. Needs government to rule his life, believes what he is told by CNN. ^^^^
© 2024 Trapperman Forums