Home

Emporium Pa

Posted By: jcj

Emporium Pa - 12/14/20 11:33 PM

Any of you guys live or hunt around there? Grew up in Pa. and spent my early deer seasons as a kid(80's) hunting there. I would like to talk to someone that knows the area.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Emporium Pa - 06/17/21 04:03 AM

ttt
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Emporium Pa - 06/17/21 10:30 AM

I lived there for two years, but that was 25 years ago.

you can ask, but not sure my answers will be accurate, due to changes since then (and my oldster "memory")...

ask away!
Posted By: Claypool313

Re: Emporium Pa - 06/17/21 11:27 AM

Kinda sorta, but further north in Potter county. So i have no direct knowledge on emporium. But i do kinda understand the north central Pa lifestyle.
Posted By: run

Re: Emporium Pa - 06/17/21 12:03 PM

Too bad pcr2 isn't on here.
Posted By: TRAPPER TOM

Re: Emporium Pa - 06/17/21 12:46 PM

i hunted up rich valley road in cooks hollow from 1974-1986. great hunting till they started logging the whole area. we hardly ever saw anyone else there that wasn't from our camp. i sometimes would pass up bucks the 1st 2 days and one Monday i passed 5 before lunch.
members died off and camp was sold a few years ago. i hear the deer have started to come back.
Posted By: woodchuck

Re: Emporium Pa - 06/17/21 01:42 PM

Was born in St. Mary's but Dad was Pastor at First Baptist at the time. Can't give any places to go. We used to always go up Johnsons farm...but that won't help you. Was there a Monday opener of doe season and coming thru Smethport temp. read -23. Only saw 1 deer that day. Went back on Wed. (last day) and temp. said 23. What a difference (46 degrees)! Only had to hunt 5 min. as starting across the horse pasture a doe was at the edge of the fence. 200 yard drag. Like those kind.
Use to be we'd see a dozen deer running back and forth across the hollow each time we walked up the mountain. Last 2X only 1 each day.
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Emporium Pa - 06/17/21 04:38 PM

I live in St Marys.
Ask away I'll help as much as I can.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums