Home

Y’all Remember These Days..

Posted By: Savell

Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 03:19 AM

... dadgum squirrels won’t so much as peek out of a nest around here anymore lol

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 03:23 AM

Down here a kid and a pellet gun can earn a little money in a pecan orchard. Think one guy I know pays $2 a squirrel.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 03:23 AM

yep!

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 03:27 AM

... I might ride my 2 over wannabe...farm em out like they did back in the day lol
Posted By: Posco

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 03:28 AM

I sent a buddy of mine home howling with one of them. His little Red Ryder was no match for it.

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 03:31 AM

... I still have a bb in the top of my head that moves around every now and then... I would just cut it out.... but that’d be like losing a good memory lol

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by Savell
... I still have a bb in the top of my head that moves around every now and then... I would just cut it out.... but that’d be like losing a good memory lol

Lol, I think one of my bothers and a friend or two are still toting copper around from back in the day. We didn't take prisoners.
Posted By: Cattrax

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 03:51 AM

That explains a lot!! laugh laugh
Posted By: headache73

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 03:52 AM

He's even using the approved cocking technique lol. Man I shot a lot of BB's and pellets out of one of those
Posted By: ol' dad

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 04:03 AM

I remember that age. The ol man took my bb gun away for shooting the neighbors cats. Then I discovered how much fun a can of wd-40 and a cigarette lighter was. Got my bb gun back

Ol'dad

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 04:06 AM

I spent my early years on a farm. Dad supplied the BBs, I took care of the rest. Frogs were my specialty.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 04:06 AM

Crossman 760 pump ? If I remember...it’s only been 50 years...maybe not...the crossman had a wood pump section...I think

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by Cattrax

That explains a lot!! laugh laugh

.. lol... good to see you again in here Cattrax..... now show us a goat or something lol

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by ol' dad
I remember that age. The ol man took my bb gun away for shooting the neighbors cats. Then I discovered how much fun a can of wd-40 and a cigarette lighter was. Got my bb gun back

Ol'dad

. that ol wd 40 combined with a flame would make a Rambo sequel look like Sesame Street

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 04:11 AM

Ol'dad

grin

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 04:12 AM

Ol'dad

No street lights ?

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 04:13 AM

Ol'dad

. that ol wd 40 combined with a flame would make a Rambo sequel look like Sesame Street

Those tater guns were something !

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
Crossman 760 pump ? If I remember...it’s only been 50 years...maybe not...the crossman had a wood pump section...I think

It was plastic.
Posted By: Kevin Colpetzer

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 04:23 AM

We had battles and rule was only 2 pumps. 10 pumps and they would cry the whole way home lol

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 04:24 AM

.... you’re thinking of that ol Benjamin Ness ... heck of a pellet gun ... my boy has the daisy power line... it’s a far cry from the Benjamin though lol

... or those crossmans may have been whittled out of wood back in your time lol
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 04:27 AM

Yes I remember those days!
Black diamond co2 bb or pellets

Had a hole in my bedroom screen to shoot out of. grin

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 04:33 AM

You know your BB or Pellet gun had some street cred....if it could go through one side of a metal trash can.

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin Colpetzer
We had battles and rule was only 2 pumps. 10 pumps and they would cry the whole way home lol

The kid I sent home crying was named Kevin. I'd hear a little p-tump and a couple seconds later I'd feel the hit. I finally saw him hiding behind a log. He had that thing elevated like a mortar. I took him across the chest. Game over.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 05:00 AM

We used to shoot birds and alligator lizards in the avocado orchards back in the day .

Can't remember the model .....it looked like a 30-30 lever
Posted By: DWC

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 05:07 AM

Thats a daisy powerline 880 if im not mistaken.
Posted By: KYtrapper2005

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 05:27 AM

I killed my first squirrel at 25 yards with one of those!
Posted By: k snow

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 12:34 PM

The older 760's had wood stocks and forearms. Shot a lot of starlings with one of those around grandpa's chicken coop.

The new ones are plastic.

Anybody know if a rebuild kit is available for the older ones? I have grandpa's old one but it won't hold air.
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 12:50 PM

I opened mine on Christmas morning 1980.... My dad showed me how load it and all the safety things. I promptly turned around and shot my sister right in the left sitting cheek. My dad then took that gun and proceeded to break it over my back. Had it all of 3 minutes.

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 12:56 PM

Any speedloaders? Pour the BBs in your mouth and spray them down the tube.

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by elkaholic
I opened mine on Christmas morning 1980.... My dad showed me how load it and all the safety things. I promptly turned around and shot my sister right in the left sitting cheek. My dad then took that gun and proceeded to break it over my back. Had it all of 3 minutes.

Well, dang, I think you hold the record!
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 01:27 PM

. I might ride my 2 over wannabe...farm em out like they did back in the day lol

I knew from the looks of ya you had to have some Mixican in you somewhere, now your raising migrant workers, lol

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 01:44 PM

Thanks for the kind words Jtrap... it’s always nice hearing from you
Posted By: MChewk

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 01:48 PM

Older kids always had the more powerful BB guns...young guys would aim and shoot and have to pick up their bb...cuz it rolled out of the barrel.
We stopped playing when one kid got pegged in the head...pellet gun.
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 01:53 PM

I started with a red rider and a bazillian BB's later was given a Benjamin pellet gun, hours and hours of fun!

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 02:09 PM

My last BB gun I got ...was the Daisy 5 shot semi automatic CO 2 rifle.....now that was fun !....( 69-70)[Linked Image]
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 02:15 PM

Those old Benjamins packed some punch when pumped up tight, not a lot different than a .22.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 02:20 PM

Tamed a few mean Leghorn roosters with one of them
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 05:29 PM

Yep remember those days well.My grandsons carry on the tradition
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 05:44 PM

We had them old Daisy Red Ryders.Pour half a pack of BBs in my mouth,then spit them into the gun.Quickest way to reload.Wish I had a dollar for every BB I swallowed. smile
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 06:19 PM

Yep, shot a lot of them bb's at thing I shouldn't have...lol
Posted By: Rye

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 06:21 PM

Flat wore out a couple 760 pumpmasters and one 880 before I got my .22 rifle.

Re: Y’all Remember These Days.. - 12/21/20 06:26 PM

Anyone remember seeing the Daisy double barrel BB gun? A friend of mine had one and they're worth a bundle nowadays. I don't recall it being any more potent than the Red Ryder but it was a neat gun.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums