Home

Is This True Canada?

Posted By: Savell

Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 06:29 PM

... I just heard y’all ain’t even allowed to play with BB guns over 500 FPS..

.. y’all be careful... don’t shoot your eye out lol
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 06:32 PM

I heard you have to sleep with a gun cause you’re scared.
Posted By: Knappett

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 06:36 PM

Hey Texas I heard you aren't allowed to cary a knife over 5" long is that true? Also sounds like you boys are getting some fancy new bs gun laws yourself! Ps. Mines 510 fps I won't tell if you don't lol

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jurassic Park
I heard you have to sleep with a gun cause you’re scared.

... I ain’t scared of dying or the devil

.. if you be nice I’ll tell Santa to slip you a sure enough daisy air gun that shoots so fast you can’t even see the bb flying!
Posted By: kingrat

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 06:42 PM

They're not scared Jurassic it's because they can... and yes a BB gun over 500fps is classed as a firearm and we need our firearm license to buy it just like any other firearm. When Biden takes all your guns we'll see who's laughing. And yes we know let him try blah blah blah. Merry Christmas you yanks.
Posted By: Bruiser1

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 06:43 PM

You do need a firearms license on an air rifle over 500fps.
Is it true you guys can’t order guns and ammo online and get it sent directly to your house?
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bruiser1
Is it true you guys can’t order guns and ammo online and get it sent directly to your house?

I can simply buy my gun from another person.
Posted By: Bob

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 06:48 PM

We can buy ammo and have it shipped. We can also buy guns and have them shipped, they just have to be disassembled and sent in separate packages as “gun parts” lol there’s a loophole.
Posted By: MySide 🦝

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 06:49 PM

Yep, over 495 or 500 and we have to have a firearms license.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 06:49 PM

Lol good answer
Posted By: Boco

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 06:52 PM

You can have any gun here that you can in the states as long as you got your licence.
Gun licence is like a drivers licence here.
Once you have your licence there is none of that dumb waiting for background checks of having someone else with a licence get one in the mail for you.We can buy/order guns/ammo anywhere any time here.
Like trapping you guys have too many restrictions down there.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
You can have any gun here that you can in the states as long as you got your licence.
Once you have your licence there is none of that dumb waiting for background checks of having someone else with a licence get one in the mail for you.We can buy/order guns/ammo anywhere any time here.

Don't need no stinking license
Posted By: slydogx

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 06:54 PM

I don't think anyone will be laughing if Biden and crew take a serious swipe at 2A rights in the US... the LPC would simply take that as a signal and justification to further tighten restrictions on Canadian gun owners... because if they could get it done in the US with no real pushback then it should be a simple matter here to tell law abiding gun owners to BOHICA
Posted By: hippie

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 06:57 PM

After reading several people here who should know better but don't, we're not far behind.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 06:57 PM

The only good thing about the license is criminals and mentally challenged people can’t get one

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 07:02 PM

That is a concern with the federal libs here sly.But Truedope and crew wont be in power here forever,and the Conservatives are much more gun friendly.
Plus people dont have to comply with restrictive gun legislation.That was the main reason the gun registry was abolished here-it cost an exorbitant amount of money and most people didnt register their guns anyway.
Plus they cant make the Indians or anyone else who declares they make part of their living with guns comply with restrictive gun laws.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by hippie
After reading several people here who should know better but don't, we're not far behind.

That's a fact.
Hard to make the Trump-haters understand that. And yes, kingrat those are the blah,blah, blah ones talking so tough.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 07:17 PM

That is a concern with the federal libs here sly.But Truedope and crew wont be in power here forever,and the Conservatives are much more gun friendly.
Plus people dont have to comply with restrictive gun legislation.That was the main reason the gun registry was abolished here-it cost an exorbitant amount of money and most people didnt register their guns anyway.
Plus they cant make the Indians or anyone else who declares they make part of their living with guns comply with restrictive gun laws.

Aren't canuck conservatives about equivalent to our dems?
Posted By: virgil1972

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 07:20 PM

You can have full auto in Canada? Is it expensive like here or cheaper?

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 07:23 PM

Full auto if you have a prohib license.
Posted By: BandB

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 07:26 PM

The only good thing about the license is criminals and mentally challenged people can’t get one

The gun or the license?

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 07:27 PM

I know one thing our shelves are full of ammo... you boys stocking up for something down there?

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by BandB

The gun or the license?

The license. Anyone can get a gun if they want one

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 07:31 PM

So what's the point of having a license?

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 07:31 PM

There are some misconceptions in this thread on both sides... first and foremost, we cannot get "all" the same guns here as they can in the US as some are restricted to importation here and it is not a simple matter to get ones hands on an AR platform gun anymore.
By the same token, I believe there are a few models readily and cheaply available here (SKS?) that may not be so easy to get in the USA.
The full auto guys got grandfathered in the 1970s, I don't believe that it is possible to bring new select fire or full auto weapons into Canada now (but I could be wrong)
We can buy guns (standard and restricted) via mail order... we don't have the interstate commerce issues here that are in the US related to firearms so guns and ammo via mail are non-issue.
Any airgun over 500 FPS is treated like a firearm under the law

Pike River, you are correct that our Conservatives are "small-c"... but they are more like RHINOs than they are like Dems. A party with a Republican platform would be unelectable here simply based on how our electoral system works and how much weight eastern Canada (especially QC which is lefty heaven) is given.
Posted By: keystone

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 07:32 PM

Are you guys aloud to carry them, open or concealed?
Posted By: Squash

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 07:34 PM

The Biden administrations aspirations of confiscating so called assault rifles , is pie in the sky liberal talking point.
That will be all but impossible to enforce. Unless they want Waco’s and Ruby Ridge’s across the USA ?

Cuomos SAFE Act requires his definition of AR to be registered in NY State. So far there has been little compliance with that provision of the SAFE Act. The proof is the NYState Police will not release the actual number of registered Assault Rifles in NY.
Of the estimated 1million so called AR in NY, some say less than 40,000 have been registered.

And even in NY except for handguns, you don’t need a lic. To purchase a long gun.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 07:36 PM

So what's the point of having a license?

With the license I can legally buy the gun I want and the ammo I want and get it sent to my house within a week. Without a license I would need to find a degenerate to sell me a gun and hopefully have some ammo for it. For a law abiding citizen it is no big deal to get one

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by keystone

I carry a gun every day on my trap line.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 07:40 PM

Hey..... this was supposed to be about Canadian BB guns lol

[Linked Image]

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by slydogx
There are some misconceptions in this thread on both sides... first and foremost, we cannot get "all" the same guns here as they can in the US as some are restricted to importation here and it is not a simple matter to get ones hands on an AR platform gun anymore.
By the same token, I believe there are a few models readily and cheaply available here (SKS?) that may not be so easy to get in the USA.
The full auto guys got grandfathered in the 1970s, I don't believe that it is possible to bring new select fire or full auto weapons into Canada now (but I could be wrong)
We can buy guns (standard and restricted) via mail order... we don't have the interstate commerce issues here that are in the US related to firearms so guns and ammo via mail are non-issue.

Pike River, you are correct that our Conservatives are "small-c"... but they are more like RHINOs than they are like Dems. A party with a Republican platform would be unelectable here simply based on how our electoral system works and how much weight eastern Canada (especially QC which is lefty heaven) is given.

Good post,

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 07:55 PM

Open carry of non-restricted long guns only (there is an exception for trappers who can possibly get a wilderness pistol license - which is open carry of a .22 handgun)
In a general sense, any firearm classified as "restricted" which includes all handguns, they can only be fired at a range and only transported under a separate authorization to transport (ATT) from home to range or home to gunsmith for repairs, etc.
Prohibs I am not much familiar with the regs.
The license entitles you to purchase firearms within the classifications covered by your license... now that the registry has been repealed, that is about as far as things go in terms of restrictions to purchase firearms that are not classed as restricted or prohib.
There is NO (99.99%) way that any regular person is EVER going to be allowed to carry concealed in this country... it just ain't allowed.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 08:00 PM

With the license I can legally buy the gun I want and the ammo I want and get it sent to my house within a week. Without a license I would need to find a degenerate to sell me a gun and hopefully have some ammo for it. For a law abiding citizen it is no big deal to get one

Exactly. That's why these gun laws only affect law abiding citizens, and do nothing to stop criminals.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 08:06 PM

I agree. Look at the guy who killed all those people in Nova Scotia. He had no firearms license and he still had assault rifles and a pistol.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Savell

[Linked Image]

Lol
Posted By: Kermit

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 08:47 PM

If you have a restricted permit the police to do not need a search warrant. If you are selling drugs they need a search warrant. A pistol needs a restricted licence, to be only fired at a licensed range.
Posted By: logger coffey

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 09:18 PM

Can some of you Canadians send some Regular big rifle primers this way, Pppplease.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 09:27 PM

Wish I could bud. I really do feel for you guys. Eventually I'm sure we'll feel the effects but for now theres no shortages of anything that I've seen.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 09:31 PM

Exactly. That's why these gun laws only affect law abiding citizens, and do nothing to stop criminals.

When Guns are outlawed, Only outlaws will have Guns was a bumper sticker my Dad had in our Basement workroom.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 09:46 PM

Got my popcorn ready for this one.
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce T

[Linked Image]

Lol

Is that JP before he got a smart phone ???
Posted By: Knappett

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 10:29 PM

As usually a joke threads gonna take a nasty turn lol. Honestly like minded men whether we live in America or canada should be on the same side here. Its true nobody with any backbone is going to comply to a ban but the bigger picture is much worse. Think insurance companies charging exorbitant fees to cover gunshops and ammunition manufacturers until they squeeze everyone out and now they have theyre own way. And believe me its happening already. Local gunshop heres insurance is 70 grand a year.... lol They'll never get my red rider bb gun though!
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by kingrat
I know one thing our shelves are full of ammo... you boys stocking up for something down there?

Most smart firearm owners shelves are so full they have to build more shelves. Saves from going to crowded stores.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 11:22 PM

I have read on other forums that Canada does have it a bit easier with importing Military surplus weapons, such as old WWII bolt actions and some semi autos of various types and country of manufacture. That I am envious of as I do like the old war horse rifles. I think former president Obama shut down importation of Milsurp weapons, I could be wrong.
Posted By: rvsask

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/22/20 11:52 PM

I think I remember BB guns.
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 12:14 AM

Can you have suppressors?

Machine guns?

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Donnie H

Is that JP before he got a smart phone ???

laugh laugh

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 12:21 AM

I got my first gun from my American uncle in Ohio.I was about 6 or 7 and he gave me a BB Gun.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 12:27 AM

Does Canada vote for a Prime Minister ever 4 yrs or is it different there?

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 12:34 AM

Suppressors, or fully automatic weapons, Boco says Canadians can have any guns that Americans have.

Can you purchase either of these in Canada right now?
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by keystone

I carry a gun every day on my trap line.

A pistol?
Posted By: wallfur

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 12:40 AM

no worries down here!!!! trump will win big things about to happen!!
Posted By: Bosco

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 12:46 AM

How are the handgun sales in Canada these days?

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by ky_coyote_hunter
Suppressors, or fully automatic weapons, Boco says Canadians can have any guns that Americans have.

Okay, Canadian Crickets on the suppressors and fully automatic weapons.

How about Gen 3 night vision, or thermal imaging optics....Can Canadians purchase and legally own these?

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 12:48 AM

Okay, Canadian Crickets on the suppressors and fully automatic weapons.

How about Gen 3 night vision, or thermal imaging optics....Can Canadians purchase and legally own these?

Yes, but just like pistols , they can not go outside and play with them.
Posted By: spjones

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 12:51 AM

Even with a prohibited license. You can’t legally possess fully automatic/suppressers in Canada.

You can get a collector license. But then have too be inoperable.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 12:53 AM

No we can’t own suppressors or full auto. Anyone who spent any time in the army knows full auto is useless. A suppressor would be kind of cool I guess if shooting around populated areas

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Diggerman
[quote=ky_coyote_hunter]Suppressors, or fully automatic weapons, Boco says Canadians can have any guns that Americans

Yes, but just like pistols , they can not go outside and play with them.

If you got the right licence you can get any kind of gun.
Yes many trappers carry pistols in the bush,for dispatch or protection from predators.
If you dont believe me,go on any Canadian gun seller site and see whats for sale.
They sell all classes of firearms.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by spjones
Even with a prohibited license. You can’t legally possess fully automatic/suppressers in Canada.

Thanks spjones, I wasn't sure....We still can, but you have to register with the BATFE, and basically jump through a few more hoops.

I am more surprised about the suppressors, since I thought it was just an American bias against them, interestingly they can be purchased openly without restriction in the UK.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 12:57 AM

For carry permits you have too take a profiency test to get the permit. Then again one year later. Then every other year.

Caliber restriction’s etc. Type of gun restrictions.

For example, you can’t carry a semi auto pistol.

Only revolvers.

Many hoops too jump through.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 12:58 AM

Dont sugar coat it Boco, tell us what you have to do and how high you have to jump to carry your pistol outside your house.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 01:01 AM

You take the wilderness handgun course and get the licence -thats it.
It is offered to trappers when they take their trappers course.
Many of the trapping instructors offer the firearms safety course,hunters ed,wilderness hangun course etc.
For the record I sold all my handguns years ago.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 01:01 AM

The only good thing about the license is criminals and mentally challenged people can’t get one ""legally"

Fixed it for you.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 01:02 AM

All the laws in the world wont stop a freedom fighter from getting any weapons they need to get the job done.
So quit worrying about it.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 01:04 AM

I have no horse in this race, but the only thing Canada has over the USA is hockey. grin

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 01:06 AM

Don't worry Boco, the Mounties don't monitor this site.

Send us a picture of that machine gun you can't buy. grin

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty
I have no horse in this race, but the only thing Canada has over the USA is hockey. grin

And caribou hunting except for Alaska

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 01:17 AM

wink

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 01:20 AM

You forgot hunting fishing trapping,healthcare,life expectancy etc etc etc.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 01:23 AM

About that machine gun?

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 01:24 AM

How many machine guns do you guys own?

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 01:25 AM

Oh yes they do! And I have first hand experience with it!

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 01:26 AM

I’ll take our fishing/hunting/trapping too.

Definitely not baseball, football or basketball.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 01:27 AM

Stop teasing Boco. He gets kinda touchy when you make fun of his homeland. whistle
Posted By: Hornady Reloader

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 01:28 AM

You forgot hunting fishing trapping,healthcare,life expectancy etc etc etc.

And a queen

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 01:28 AM

You would be real surprised....I shoot every year at the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot at Knob Creek, Kentucky.

Please look it up...Oh, got supressors too....Several.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 01:30 AM

My Uncle owns Two, and I've shot both of them!

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 01:30 AM

What machine gun do you own?

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 01:33 AM

We Can Buy And shoot

Can Canadians???? NO

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 01:34 AM

So none?

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 01:36 AM

And the queen doesn’t look after her own country. You really think she cares what Canada does.
Good grief

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 01:36 AM

So none?

Who you asking?

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 01:37 AM

So none?

You're Not answering the first Question asked.

Because you Cannot buy /own a machine Gun

I don't own one myself...but Unlike Canadians we may buy, own and Shoot them

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 01:40 AM

I’ve fired lots of machine guns in the army. Not sure what a civilian would use one for. Feeding it would be pretty expensive

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 01:41 AM

I don't own one but thought I would like to......until a fella allowed me to run thru a couple clips with his. I decided then that I couldn't afford to feed one if I owned one. lol

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 01:42 AM

Oh yes they do! And I have first hand experience with it!

Hey Jurrasic, Are you saying you can buy a full auto in Canada today?...Or the Canadian Royal Mounties monitor this site?

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 01:44 AM

Nice skip around

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 01:45 AM

What are you asking??? What am I skipping around?

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 01:49 AM

tiredscroll up...it was asked several times before I asked.

Peace!

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 01:50 AM

About buying a machine gun?

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 01:52 AM

Hey Jurrasic, Are you saying you can buy a full auto in Canada today?...Or the Canadian Royal Mounties monitor this site?

Law enforcement monitor the site.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by Jurassic Park

Law enforcement monitor the site.

No kidding? Wow!....Better bury them then Boco!

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 02:19 AM

Other than small man syndrome what the heck would you want a machine for any way. Just because you can I'm guessing is your intelligent answer.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 02:32 AM

Other than small man syndrome what the heck would you want a machine for any way. Just because you can I'm guessing is your intelligent answer.

Lol, I'm 6'2 and 270# so there goes the small man syndrome....I just like shooting machine guns, I have the freedom and right to shoot and own machine guns.

I also think it's an excellent barometer of a citizens freedom to do so, with not permission, but acknowledgement by the government to have the right to do so.

Plus, full auto rocks!

Find the fun switch, you might just like it.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 02:48 AM

Lol, I'm 6'2 and 270# so there goes the small man syndrome....I just like shooting machine guns, I have the freedom and right to shoot and own machine guns.

I also think it's an excellent barometer of a citizens freedom to do so, with not permission, but acknowledgement by the government to have the right to do so.

Plus, full auto rocks!

Find the fun switch, you might just like it.

Where do you store it in the off season tubby in your -,lol.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 02:53 AM

Honestly I have alot of guns that I use for hunting and trapping but to just have a gun to go and blast away at nothing doesnt really make me - like you. To each his own.
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 02:57 AM

Boco=pitifull

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 03:01 AM

Honestly I have alot of guns that I use for hunting and trapping but to just have a gun to go and blast away at nothing doesnt really make me - like you. To each his own.

We shoot alot, just to shoot. Its fun!

Its nothing to walk outside and hear the neighbors shooting.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 03:06 AM

Where do you store it in the off season tubby in your -lol.

There is no off season in a free America, Boco! grin

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 03:15 AM

Thats what they do on newyears eve at midnight in Moose Factory-everyone steps out the front door and fires their guns off in the air mostly.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 03:20 AM

Lol, yep Boco!

New Years around here sounds like a war.
Posted By: yukon254

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 05:19 AM

This ^ would be an outrageous statement, but considering the source, not so much. Guess Robert forgot about the more than 1500 different models we lost with the stroke of a pen less than a year ago.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by Diggerman
Dont sugar coat it Boco, tell us what you have to do and how high you have to jump to carry your pistol outside your house.

I could be wrong, but as far as I know Im the only Canadian trapper on here who has had a license to carry. It wasnt hard to get, but you have to renew them every two years, and you have to agree that the police can come into your home and inspect it any time they choose to do so. Transporting a handgun can be a pain too. I think with the way the Liberals are attacking our gun rights up here now its highly unlikely they would give anyone a carry permit now.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by Twolines
I can’t seem to find any numbers on the web, but how many robberies happen with handguns up there?

We have very very few here in Yukon. Its not about robberies, its about disarming the people.

Boco, here is a list of firearms Americans can have that you no longer can. Get yourself a cup of coffee, or a beer if thats your thing cause its going to take you some time to go through this list. Hopefully you're aware that Mr Dressup gave the RCMP the power to put any firearm on this list that they want to ???

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6880974-Canada-Gazette-May-1-2020-Part-II.html
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 06:33 AM

I understand it’s not about the robberies. I’m just curious about the crime rate and how the crimes are committed in Canada.
Where I’m originally from “gun regulation” and crime are almost always mentioned together. We all know what it’s really about.
I want to understand how a nation of people just said ok, here are the guns. Take them. What persuaded everyone to give up? Were the authorities and or military threatening action against them?
How do you imprison at least half of a nation?

Take a look around. We're getting rookie-dooed the same way with the same BS. I've seen enough posts on forums and YT comments from people in the UK and Australia telling us not to fall for it... Yet here we are.

Mike

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by yukon254

This ^ would be an outrageous statement, but considering the source, not so much. Guess Robert forgot about the more than 1500 different models we lost with the stroke of a pen less than a year ago.

Your a drama queen,I never lost any of my many firearms that I have owned for my entire 65 years.
That list is mostly re classified military stuff,dont know anyone owning guns on that list except collectors or range shooters,and they can still own them.

Like I said go to any gun sales site in Canada and see the guns they sell,lots of prohibited and restricted classified guns can be bought and sold with the correct licences.There are plenty of people all over Canada with gun collections that will rival any in the usa,one buddy right down the street from where I live.
And no,the cops are not banging on his door.

Google Elwood Epps firearms,he has 132 prohibited firearms in his shop at the moment for sale to anyone with the correct licence.
Posted By: Gene Dziza

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 07:33 AM

That's a great way to do it, IMO. Have a license that supports that you don't have mental illness or felonies, and then be allowed to buy a gun anytime. Also make it so private sales have to be conducted with someone with a valid license. I would be all for that.

I didn't think you guys could carry a concealed handgun. Am I wrong on that?

Do you guys have the severe ammo shortage we have going on?
Posted By: crosspatch

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 10:51 AM

Lots of New Year's Eve freedom here. Rat a tat tat at midnight guns going off all around town and the reserve right next door. Been going on since there was gun powder here, 8 police stationed here and they don't care - they too busy dealing with real problems. And where else can u pull into a gas station, on a skidoo, with a gun on ur back and walk on in? U can here - everyone knows you gotta pay for ur gas before you go off hunting.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 11:14 AM

Gene,,no we can not conceal carry and no from what I've seen theres no shortages of anything yet.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 11:32 AM

Yep most of my neighbors in my semi-rural neighborhood have ranges on their properties, me included. It's not unusual to hear someone shooting any day of the week.

Same at camp.

Shooting is a fun activity and we do it a lot.

New Years Eve at midnight reminds everyone just how many folks own guns.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by crosspatch
Lots of New Year's Eve freedom here. Rat a tat tat at midnight guns going off all around town and the reserve right next door. Been going on since there was gun powder here, 8 police stationed here and they don't care - they too busy dealing with real problems. And where else can u walk into a gas station with a gun on ur back? U can here - everyone knows you gotta pay for ur gas before you go off hunting.

We can walk into a gas station, walmart or Mcdonalds with a gun on our back or hip, can even go into one with a pistol in our pocket.

Gene Dizza, we dont ever want to go down the firearms "license:" path.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 12:16 PM

Good info. Steve.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 12:35 PM

From licenseing, transportation, too storage, too magazine restrictions, too weapon types, Gun sales Etc etc

A person would have to be truly brain dead too claim Canada has equal “gun freedoms”

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 01:07 PM

Your a drama queen,I never lost any of my many firearms that I have owned for my entire 65 years.
That list is mostly re classified military stuff,dont know anyone owning guns on that list except collectors or range shooters,and they can still own them.

And you are just simply not being truthful. That list has over 1500 models that were made illegal overnight. No you still cant own them. They are working on a "buyback' program right now and you know it. Just because you dont know anyone who owned guns on that list means what exactly?? Are you and the people you know the only gun owners that matter? I know 3 guys that had guns on that list personally. Some big bores were also outlawed, it wasnt just semi autos. I know you already know all this, why you are trying to cover for the liberals I just cant imagine. Seems like eastern canucks overlook a lot of things the liberals do, thats why we keep getting stuck with them in office.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Gene Dziza

That's a great way to do it, IMO. Have a license that supports that you don't have mental illness or felonies, and then be allowed to buy a gun anytime. Also make it so private sales have to be conducted with someone with a valid license. I would be all for that.

Who defines "mental illness"? Lots of people in this country would say you were "mentally ill" for wanting a gun.
Posted By: grampy

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 02:55 PM

254 - You are on the money. I have heard even 12 gauge shotguns with removable plugs are now illegal. is this true? With a stroke of a pen the thing has made a lot of gun owners criminals, even though they are not aware of it.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 03:05 PM

The OIC (order in council) has a great many problems... including "accidentally" rendering many removable choke 12 gauge shotguns prohib simply due to bore diameter. They have since offered a BS clarification so that they don't lose all those precious votes in Central and Eastern Ontario and all other points East from there... those are the Fudds who were promised that they could still keep Grandpa's shotgun for duck hunting and their .30 30 for their once a year drinking (moose hunting) trips.
You'll hear a lot of things like... who needs a handgun/AR platform rifle... if you need a semi auto for hunting you're a bad shot...and on, and on, and on from people who want to justify voting for any major party besides the Conservatives... since EVERY other major party has pledged to take away our guns to varying degree.
The union boys will vote NDP because they think a conservative gov't somehow weakens their bargaining positions; the French will vote Liberal because Meme and Pepe told them that the conservatives are evil Anglophones intent on destroying their culture and language
I personally wouldn't give a rat's behind who was in power if it weren't for the fact that EVERY party except one (not counting fringe parties) has outright pledged to their electorate that they will be banning some, most or all civilian firearm ownership.
I think most are just reluctant to risk whatever freebies the gov't throws at them for being part of a special group or classification of human being so they create boogey men in order to continue slobbering at the trough

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 03:10 PM

I understand it’s not about the robberies. I’m just curious about the crime rate and how the crimes are committed in Canada.
Where I’m originally from “gun regulation” and crime are almost always mentioned together. We all know what it’s really about.
I want to understand how a nation of people just said ok, here are the guns. Take them. What persuaded everyone to give up? Were the authorities and or military threatening action against them?
How do you imprison at least half of a nation?

Which nation? I’ve got every gun I’ve ever owned, might even order another online on Boxing Day and have it come to my door.

In terms or crime are you talking only robbery or are you talking every crime? For example “rape” happens at a rate of almost 16 times more per unit of population in the US than here yet we have a little bit more vehicle theft per same unit than the USA does.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 04:39 PM

Forget the crime?’s, why? Is it easier to just call me yella than it is to wonder why if I had a daughter in the US she’d be 16 times as likely to get raped?
It is also true that we have higher levels of certain crimes.

You brought the crime up, now you prefer to deflect away from that with insults. whistle
Posted By: wy.wolfer

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 04:41 PM

That only requires a change in the law, You can't refuse to comply with any single gun law in the states just because you make a living with them. I promise someone in Canada is considering that now, at least how to approach that change.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 04:51 PM

Canada has no constitutional "right" to own guns like the states does-thats the biggest difference.
Owning a gun in Canada is a priviledge,and priviledges come with responsibility.
Rights also come with responsibility-and rights can be taken away just as fast as a priviledge when certain "govts" take the reigns.
I wouldnt be too cocky about "rights" being inalienable under Joe and the Ho.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 05:57 PM

Canada has no constitutional "right" to own guns like the states does-thats the biggest difference.
Owning a gun in Canada is a priviledge,and priviledges come with responsibility.
Rights also come with responsibility-and rights can be taken away just as fast as a priviledge when certain "govts" take the reigns.
I wouldnt be too cocky about "rights" being inalienable under Joe and the Ho.

Boco, I think it's Joe and the Ho who doesn't need to be to cocky.

"We the People" ultimately run this freedom show.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 05:58 PM

Hey Twolines, I have only been jumping in and out of this thread and maybe did not notice you had some direct and pointed questions above. I'll do my best here...

There is very little gun crime in Canada outside of Toronto, Vancouver and Winnipeg and some areas around dirt poor reserves. In Toronto, there has been a recent rash of gun crime involving handguns illegally imported from the US in almost all cases. I don't have specific numbers, but I can tell you that on a per capita basis it is nowhere near the violent crime rates in many parts of the USA.
As Boco stated above.. we don't have a constitutionally enshrined right to keep and bear arms. I wish we did, but we don't.
I can also say that many people here did not roll over... the non-compliance rates during the registration scheme were very high and for those foolish enough to publish it on social media, a lot of folks here do not plan to comply with any buy back program either. Screeching on the internet that you're going to violently resist gun confiscation is (IMO) just stupid.
To add to our problems, a great many in the military are of the opinion that civilians should not be armed as are most of the RCMP, local and provincial police that I have spoken to... they are in large part not on our side.

I live a 2 minute boat ride from downtown Detroit, yet there is almost zero chance of me being the victim of a violent crime if I am out wandering around the city at 3am... honestly, near zero. I can't say why that is, but it is true. Not so true in Toronto or Winnipeg, but here in Windsor, it's true.
Posted By: grampy

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 06:09 PM

Slydogx--what level and how many policemen have you been talking to? I can believe some management would have that view, but if it is to Constables you are talking to I find that opinion hard to believe. If it is so times haves sure changed since I was "on the road"

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 06:16 PM

RCMP - just review the press releases from Blair the traitor
Police - OPP I have heard this opinion from management and street level officers; Locally, it is a widespread opinion at street level that regular people can't be trusted with guns and that it just makes their job more dangerous

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 11:10 PM

The OIC (order in council) has a great many problems... including "accidentally" rendering many removable choke 12 gauge shotguns prohib simply due to bore diameter. They have since offered a BS clarification so that they don't lose all those precious votes in Central and Eastern Ontario and all other points East from there... those are the Fudds who were promised that they could still keep Grandpa's shotgun for duck hunting and their .30 30 for their once a year drinking (moose hunting) trips.
You'll hear a lot of things like... who needs a handgun/AR platform rifle... if you need a semi auto for hunting you're a bad shot...and on, and on, and on from people who want to justify voting for any major party besides the Conservatives... since EVERY other major party has pledged to take away our guns to varying degree.
The union boys will vote NDP because they think a conservative gov't somehow weakens their bargaining positions; the French will vote Liberal because Meme and Pepe told them that the conservatives are evil Anglophones intent on destroying their culture and language
I personally wouldn't give a rat's behind who was in power if it weren't for the fact that EVERY party except one (not counting fringe parties) has outright pledged to their electorate that they will be banning some, most or all civilian firearm ownership.
I think most are just reluctant to risk whatever freebies the gov't throws at them for being part of a special group or classification of human being so they create boogey men in order to continue slobbering at the trough

You sir, can sit by my fire any day. We need more folks with thinking skills such as yours.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 11:18 PM

How much longer is it going to be Canada- wouldn't the European Panhandle be more fitting? whistle

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/23/20 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
How much longer is it going to be Canada- wouldn't the European Panhandle be more fitting? whistle

grin

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/24/20 01:23 PM

I let up with the crime questions because you and others keep dancing around my other questions. Why you just rolled over?
What was my insult? Yella? That’s a truth bud not meant to be an insult.

I went back through the thread to find these other ?’s I was apparently dancing around. I’d answer some if they were not tongue in cheek style, such as “how do you imprison half a nation”? What are you even talking about here. I actually think you decided to backpedal on the crime ?’s because Alaska is about as messed up as it gets for crime rates.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/24/20 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by rvsask
Forget the crime?’s, why? Is it easier to just call me yella than it is to wonder why if I had a daughter in the US she’d be 16 times as likely to get raped ?

In Canada,

She'd be 16 times as likely to be killed, and eaten by a Cannibal !!!! shocked

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/24/20 03:59 PM

Walleyed, there’s gotta be a better “burn” than that. eek

Dahmer
Fish
Hale

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/24/20 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by rvsask
Walleyed, there’s gotta be a better “burn” than that. eek

Dahmer
Fish
Hale

That's all I got today. laugh

w
Posted By: WakopaWalker

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/24/20 04:53 PM

Lots of New Year's Eve freedom here. Rat a tat tat at midnight guns going off all around town and the reserve right next door. Been going on since there was gun powder here, 8 police stationed here and they don't care - they too busy dealing with real problems. And where else can u pull into a gas station, on a skidoo, with a gun on ur back and walk on in? U can here - everyone knows you gotta pay for ur gas before you go off hunting.

Where else? I've seen young women in Montana at the grocery store, tank tops and shorts, packing a 10mm (one of those scary dangerous semi-automatic pistols ) so they could buy beer before they went camping in the mountains. It was in bear country, nobody batted an eye about it. Best thing, they can sit out by the campfire and drink their beer.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/24/20 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Gene Dziza

Why in God's name should you need a license to sell a firearm to someone?
Who gets to define mental illness?
Ridiculous
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/24/20 05:05 PM

[quote=Boco]You take the wilderness handgun course and get the licence -thats it.
It is offered to trappers when they take their trappers course.
Many of the trapping instructors offer the firearms safety course,hunters ed,wilderness hangun course etc.
For the record I sold all my handguns years ago.[/quote

Boco, can you fellows carry a pistol on any trapline, or is the permit only valid on Registered lines that you own or work? As an example, can you carry it while trapping in the settled/ag areas as well.....like when running beaver traps for farmers, etc.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/24/20 06:09 PM

Not sure,I never needed a gun to trap,and dont carry a handgun.The only time I carry any gun on the trapline is for potting meat-a combination gun 22 mag over 410.I often dont carry a gun at all on the trapline especially if I'm trapping beaver in late winter-got enough stuff in the sleigh for that-dont need any unneccessary encumbrances for sure.
When doing nuisance beaver work I carry a high-power for shooting beaver or for bear.
Not just trappers are eligable for a wilderness handgun permit.Prospectors or other bush workers,field biologists etc can get them.
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/24/20 06:37 PM

TY Boco

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/24/20 07:06 PM

For some context, the bs is getting thick.

Trappers must apply for an ATC. Authoritiztion too carry permit.

You have too already have an rpal. Restricted Possession and Acquisition Licence.

You can get it for dispatch and wilderness protection. (But can’t carry both at the same time)

There are caliber restrictions. 22 for dispatch 44 mag protection. Only revolvers.

You have to take a proficiency/range test. Shooting prone/kneeling/standing at different distances. Once too qualify, then after one year. Then every two years

For trappers, for dispatch/protection. You can only carry on your rfma. Must be visible, not concealed.

I can’t carry when foot trapping coyotes on private land.

The licensing/permits major pain in the *** to maintain. Time wise/money wise.

They don’t give them out when you take your trappers course.

I just renewed mine. The CFO said there where less than 600 in all of Canada in 2018.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/24/20 07:11 PM

Yikes- prayers on the way SP Jones

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/24/20 07:19 PM

You have too already have an rpal. Restricted Possession and Acquisition Licence.

You can get it for dispatch and wilderness protection. (But can’t carry both at the same time)

There are caliber restrictions. 22 for dispatch 44 mag protection. Only revolvers.

You have to take a proficiency/range test. Shooting prone/kneeling/standing at different distances. Once too qualify, then after one year. Then every two years

For trappers, for dispatch/protection. You can only carry on your rfma. Must be visible, not concealed.

I just renewed mine. The CFO said there where less than 600 in all of Canada in 2018.

Good to read a non sugercoated post bout your laws. Knew from hunting in your country that some of what has been posted here was.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/24/20 07:21 PM

Thanks. We need them!!!

The whole thing is so stupid.

I can actually only carry on public/crown land.

Can’t legally carry on my own land, private land.

The firearm situation in Canada is completely ridiculous.

And getting worse.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/24/20 07:24 PM

... y’all can open carry the BB guns though ... so long as they’re slower than the second coming right?

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/24/20 07:26 PM

Pending an election that may or may not be over we might be headed the wrong way down here.

As much as I love Texas they have at least one goofy of the goofiest regs I have ever heard of. If you complete your range proficiency with a revolver- you're concealed carry permit would only apply to revolvers meaning you would have to recertify if you get a Glock for Christmas.

To me it is just another example of how the guberment is simply too stoopid to get very many things right and we should always take every opportunity to limit their scope of power.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/24/20 07:35 PM

The instructor that certified me at my recent renewal was super nice, pro gun fellow.

He told me I didn’t actually have too shoot prone/kneeling for my dispatch permit.

Just for the heck of it, I insisted!!!

Could you imagine lying down too shoot a coyote??
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/24/20 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
Pending an election that may or may not be over we might be headed the wrong way down here.

As much as I love Texas they have at least one goofy of the goofiest regs I have ever heard of. If you complete your range proficiency with a revolver- you're concealed carry permit would only apply to revolvers meaning you would have to recertify if you get a Glock for Christmas.

To me it is just another example of how the guberment is simply too stoopid to get very many things right and we should always take every opportunity to limit their scope of power.

A way to get more money from us.Costs me $8 every time I add a pistol to my permit.WHY? More revenue.Just added one yesterday by the way.Ruger L.C.P-2 .380.This may be my new favorite concealed carry.I LOVE it. smile

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/24/20 07:49 PM

So BOCO is mostly full of crap in painting such
a rosy picture of Canadian Pistol possession freedoms.

I just knew he was slinging a load of hot moose manure !!!!!! laugh

w

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/24/20 08:35 PM

Possessing a handgun in Canada is not the difficult part.

As long as you have a safe, the rpal license, gun club membership. LOL

It’s doing anything with it that is the problem.

But then again, last month he told us he was a chief.

Different laws for different folks.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/24/20 09:28 PM

Possessing a handgun in Canada is not the difficult part.

As long as you have a safe, the rpal license, gun club membership. LOL

It’s doing anything with it that is the problem.

But then again, last month he told us he was a chief.

Different laws for different folks.

Big Chief BOCO Catch Skookum beaver !!!! laugh LMAO

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/24/20 10:17 PM

... y’all can open carry the BB guns though ... so long as they’re slower than the second coming right?

Lol
That’s slow
eek

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/24/20 11:47 PM

The drama queens like Sp Jones and a few others trying to suck up to the americans by exagerating the real situation.
Like Crosspatch said the reality in a lot of places is not what the drama queens paint.
I could care less what Americans,or wannabe Americans in the west think of Canada.
We got it made here.

As far as Chief goes thats funny,I'm more Cheiftain(Irish born and bred) than Chief.
But I realize you types like to use a racial slur when you can.Just shows who you are.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/24/20 11:59 PM

Lol, We're on to you.... "Chief" laugh

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/25/20 12:02 AM

Only thing you're on is your tricycle with training wheels,lol.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/25/20 12:04 AM

Only thing you're on is your tricycle with training wheels,lol.

Lol.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/25/20 12:09 AM

The drama queens like Sp Jones and a few others trying to suck up to the americans by exagerating the real situation.
Like Crosspatch said the reality in a lot of places is not what the drama queens paint.
I could care less what Americans,or wannabe Americans in the west think of Canada.
We got it made here.

As far as Chief goes thats funny,I'm more Cheiftain(Irish born and bred) than Chief.
But I realize you types like to use a racial slur when you can.Just shows who you are.

I’m from the west and like you, think we’ve got it made.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/25/20 12:09 AM

grin

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/25/20 12:11 AM

Thank you for your honesty.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/25/20 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by walleyed

So BOCO is mostly full of crap in painting such
a rosy picture of Canadian Pistol possession freedoms.

I just knew he was slinging a load of hot moose manure !!!!!! laugh

w

And there ya have it.HAHahahaaa. Bozo the pretender.Oooh we are so free in Canada Land.We carry ANY GUNS WE WANT all around the land.Hahhaa.Except the ones my Boy Queen says aren't allowed.BWaahahaha

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/25/20 12:18 AM

Thats a lot of hoops to skip through eh'

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/25/20 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by WakopaWalker

Where else? I've seen young women in Montana at the grocery store, tank tops and shorts, packing a 10mm (one of those scary dangerous semi-automatic pistols ) so they could buy beer before they went camping in the mountains. It was in bear country, nobody batted an eye about it. Best thing, they can sit out by the campfire and drink their beer.

Even better Wakopa

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/25/20 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper

Not at all compared to what you all are about to get with your new leader.
You guys never learn do you?
By the time Joe and the Ho are done you will be begging to come to Canada to be able to shoot.
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/25/20 12:45 AM

By the time Joe and the Ho are done you will be begging to come to Canada to be able to shoot.

Give it up it's Christmas

Marry Christmas Boco
May you and yours have a Bleased holiday

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/25/20 12:46 AM

Merry Christmas.But I wont give up to the ejits.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/25/20 12:47 AM

Maybe it's hard to buy a BB gun but it's apparently not all bad. I know this because when I am shopping for primers and ammo, I get all stoked when I think I found some in stock but discover it is a Canadian seller. Sometimes the maple leaf or other Canadian features are not readily apparent. Regardless, I cannot buy the primers even though they seem to have a good supply up north.

Would any of you Canadians like to help me smuggle a bunch of primers into the U.S.? I know, it's illegal but think of it like bootlegging during Prohibition.

This might have been covered but I didn't read the pages 2-8.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/25/20 01:58 AM

We can handle Joe Joe and Cameltoe,,,you just do what the boy Queen says.Hahaaa,,,I didn't even know you couldn't touch a hand gun unless it was to take it to the boy Queens shooting range.And even then,,you pretty much cant even ride in the same car with it.BWaaahahaaaaa grin Maybe Santy Clause will put some freedom under you tree tonight.Or at least some new tires for your house. smile Merry Christmass Bozo.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/25/20 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by Blaine County
Maybe it's hard to buy a BB gun but it's apparently not all bad. I know this because when I am shopping for primers and ammo, I get all stoked when I think I found some in stock but discover it is a Canadian seller. Sometimes the maple leaf or other Canadian features are not readily apparent. Regardless, I cannot buy the primers even though they seem to have a good supply up north.

Would any of you Canadians like to help me smuggle a bunch of primers into the U.S.? I know, it's illegal but think of it like bootlegging during Prohibition.

If they would open the border I'd drive up there right now and pick some up. I did manage to find some today at Scheels, only had a 200 limit and I got small rifle. They had more ammo today than I've seen in awhile. Not much mind you but the cupboard wasn't bare. Lots of 5.56. Picked up some 62 grain.

I suppose some will call me a hoarder.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/25/20 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er
Originally Posted by Blaine County

If they would open the border I'd drive up there right now and pick some up. I did manage to find some today at Scheels, only had a 200 limit and I got small rifle. They had more ammo today than I've seen in awhile. Not much mind you but the cupboard wasn't bare. Lots of 5.56. Picked up some 62 grain.

I suppose some will call me a hoarder.

A smart purchaser is what I'd say

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/25/20 04:55 AM

Everything spjones says here is what I experienced when I got my carry permit, except the proficiency tests. I only had to take it once, and only from the standing position.
Posted By: Gene Dziza

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/25/20 08:09 AM

Why in God's name should you need a license to sell a firearm to someone?
Who gets to define mental illness?
Ridiculous [/quote]
How about if we call it a permit? Doesn't your home state of Iowa require a "permit", granted by local law enforcement, to acquire a handgun or revolver in Iowa? Then, I believe you can bypass background checks because the "permit" or license, or whatever you want to call it, identifies you as a competent, good guy. And the question of mental competence comes up every time you fill out a background check. Federal law prohibits the sale of firearms to certain people with a history of mental illness. Some states are submitting mental health records to background checks. Here's a link with some information for you: https://giffords.org/lawcenter/gun-laws/policy-areas/background-checks/mental-health-reporting/

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/25/20 11:17 AM

Yes, we have to deal with the permit b.s. to carry and buy new guns. That's bad enough, but I took your post to mean you are in favor of having to be licensed to conduct a private firearm sale. I find it a ridiculous concept to have to ask the governments permission to sell my neighbor a gun.
"Mental health records" is a dangerous, slippery slope. Depending on who is writing the rules, it would be pretty easy to deny your rights if you've ever been simply treated for mild depression. I'm not ok letting some bureaucrat somewhere decide if I'm mentally fit to own a firearm.

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/25/20 11:17 AM

Merry Christmas.But I wont give up to the ejits.

Do you need permission and have to take a test before you celebrate?

Re: Is This True Canada? - 12/25/20 11:20 AM

Listen up fellas. Our Canadian authority on all things American has spoken.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums