Home

Whiners

Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Whiners - 12/24/20 05:09 AM

Perhaps y'all can help me understand something. Why do folks come on here and whine about things on this site that bother them? If you have a problem with a business, do you go to the customers and complain? Not me, I go to the person(s) who are in charge and can answer my questions. Do folks come on here and whine to get attention? To gain sympathy, or is it because they're skeered of me? What the heck is it? I'm assuming they're cowards. I could be wrong, I don't know.
If anyone has a problem with how I run the place and come to me, I'll gladly give the best answer I can. Post it on here to embarrass me, and it's a different outcome.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 05:21 AM

Some people are natural born whiners.
I dont blame you at all for turfing them-hard to take people always whining/complaining about almost everything.
I think you are fairly lenient with them.
Posted By: Mike C

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 05:21 AM

1. Some folks just like to complain, about ANYTHING to ANYBODY.

2. I think you're right about cowards - keyboard cowards. Sit in their little dark spaces and attack, never a worry about repercussions.
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 05:22 AM

Seems some of them like to see what reactions they get.
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins
Perhaps y'all can help me understand something. Why do folks come on here and whine about things on this site that bother them? If you have a problem with a business, do you go to the customers and complain? Not me, I go to the person(s) who are in charge and can answer my questions. Do folks come on here and whine to get attention? To gain sympathy, or is it because they're skeered of me? What the heck is it? I'm assuming they're cowards. I could be wrong, I don't know.
If anyone has a problem with how I run the place and come to me, I'll gladly give the best answer I can. Post it on here to embarrass me, and it's a different outcome.

Seems pretty simple. I do appreciate the site, which you own, and the great wealth of trapping information it has assembled through the years.
Every user, who signed up for membership here, has the choice of what they read and what they post on.
As for being skeered of you, never seen any reason.
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 05:32 AM

Most are looking for attention,they get plenty when they complain about how things are on here. Negative attention doesn't seem to really bother them.
After all even negative attention(to them) is better than,no attention.
Tom
Posted By: Posco

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 05:37 AM

I guess I've come on here to vent a time or two but I've never called out the individual causing me the grief, just the situation. This site wasn't the cause of my grief.

As far as any interaction with Paul, I've had none. Nothing positive or negative. He allowed me in here three years ago and I try to mind my manners. Paul strikes me as a no nonsense type of guy. I respect that.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by dirtydogtrapping
Remember I'm a retired concrete finisher and those people never lasted working around me either.

I poured quite a few Walmart stores. Concrete guys make bricklayers seem kind and cultured.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 05:53 AM

Some people are just miserable and rotten

Maybe they go through life that way with no push back , until one day they log into T man and the boss shuts them down.....lol
Posted By: drasselt

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 06:01 AM

Some people just can't shut their trap. Others just like to argue.
Posted By: fossil2

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 06:31 AM

whiners are gonna whine, its what they do. dont waste valuable time trying to figure out what went wrong in their lives, that made them that way. theres too many good people on here to concentrate on, and be thankful for, than to waste time worrying about the "others".
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by fossil2
whiners are gonna whine, its what they do. dont waste valuable time trying to figure out what went wrong in their lives, that made them that way. theres too many good people on here to concentrate on, and be thankful for, than to waste time worrying about the "others".

LOL, that makes a lot of sense.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 07:30 AM

When I worked as a school counselor for a number of years, I found most whiners or complainers are unhappy with their own lives. This can be due to a number of reasons. Many times this unhappiness goes back to something that happened in their early childhood even as far back as year one or two of their lives. Psychologist call it unfinished business that hasn’t been resolved.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 07:43 AM

Sometimes I think, it's just having a bad day and getting caught up in a discussion on here at the wrong time. I can't count how many times I've typed out a big childish response to something that I didn't agree with only to delete it. Thanking God that I did. Not who I want to be. But it is work babysitting us at times I know Paul, lol.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 09:06 AM

Your site, your rules, before you've given people the ax I've seen you chime in and give them a chance to correct themselves. This site is fantastic, Thank you. As far as some people go.... Dad always said "I'll give you enough rope to hang yourself with if that's what you want boy".

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 10:06 AM

Good questions BoosMan. And I mean that exactly as written.... Boss of this site.
I'm always struck by someone clicking on a thread and then calling for it to be zapped because they don't care for it's content. Maybe this could be labeled as whining?

I know this answer as It' becoming the norm in our Western world:
I figure I'm smarter than everyone & I am now the arbiter of truth & I don't see value in this & so I declare this thread to be unworthy of my time.
Censorship isn't the other guy. It's us when we say that. I'm right. You're not. Delete you.

Where did the ability to say (even online) that someone else is correct wander off to? It's often seems on this forum, as it is in too many places, people don't discuss.... they tell.
In 140 characters or less.
Tiss the way of this world right now.

My seminary pals from other continents keep telling me (jabbing me is more descriptive) that Americans are a mile wide and an inch deep.
I have a tough time most days arguing that point with them.
So I just say, "Yep, no doubt."
It's probably a liberty, freedom, individual kind of thing I guess.
I suggest in our talks that everyone getting a trophy atmosphere may have developed a mindset in all the trophy getters who came in last place, that last place is the same thing as 1st place.
I wasn't raised in that era, so I can't say.
But whiners may be trophy getters who didn't work too hard to come in last, and they now butt heads, with those who got the same trophy who busted hump and came in 1st? grin

Blessings and Merry Christmas Paul!
See you on the circuit, Lord willing in 2021 brother.

Mark and Donna
Posted By: KenaiKid

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 10:11 AM

I think, in addition to the reasons above, it's a habit cultivated by the majority of social media platforms. Many people, particularly young people, have never been on a forum that's privately owned by an active member who's available and responds to individuals! Most platforms, even the interest-specific sites, are pretty corporate and anonymous, so it might never even occur to such a person to try contacting the owner or mod directly.

Trapperman is special. I think many people are surprised to realize (if they last long enough) it's a lot more than just another special-interest website. It's a community going back decades, dedicated to a legacy going back centuries, with literal legends of the trade right here among us. Not to mention hundreds, if not thousands of people actually know each other in person. T-man is pretty unique on the internet, IMO, and I consider myself blessed to be a part of it. Thanks Paul.
Posted By: 1oldforester

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 10:32 AM

Love the site. Thank you for having it. I don't post much, but learn a whole lot reading what others have to say.

There will always be a few with problems, but ........

Again, thanks for this site.
Posted By: Eagleye

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 10:33 AM

In my opinion, people whine to remove responsibility for their own actions – it must be someone’s else’s fault rather than owning up to the fact that “this is on me”. They continue to play the role of the victim, and post on this site in hope others will come to their emotional rescue by jumping on the bandwagon in support of the hollow claim and when the disease becomes contagious, they become gratified in some loathsome way. It’s also an act of cowardice and I would never let it ruin my day.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 10:48 AM

Lawyers...have convinced losers that that they didn't really lose. Lawyers also try to convince winners they didn't really win, then you have with a online forum a place where Posers and wanna be's can tell everyone that they really are.... Then you have the good old folks, they been around,they get tangled up, they can smell the stink right off and have no problem saying so. And the snowball starts it slow roll down the hill. After about 3 pages it's a avalanche.
Posted By: K-zoo

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 11:02 AM

(KenaiKid)
Trapperman is special. I think many people are surprised to realize (if they last long enough) it's a lot more than just another special-interest website. It's a community going back decades, dedicated to a legacy going back centuries, with literal legends of the trade right here among us. Not to mention hundreds, if not thousands of people actually know each other in person. T-man is pretty unique on the internet, IMO, and I consider myself blessed to be a part of it. Thanks Paul.

^^^Truth^^^

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by KenaiKid
I think, in addition to the reasons above, it's a habit cultivated by the majority of social media platforms. Many people, particularly young people, have never been on a forum that's privately owned by an active member who's available and responds to individuals! Most platforms, even the interest-specific sites, are pretty corporate and anonymous, so it might never even occur to such a person to try contacting the owner or mod directly.

Well played KK. May your tribe increase for 1,000 generations.
Posted By: beezmador

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 11:16 AM

I feel sorry for whiners on this site. If they whine about a website like Trapperman, which is 99% full of nice people sharing great ideas, knowledge, experience, then their life must be not be a very happy one.
Posted By: Squash

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 11:18 AM

Interesting thread, whining about whiners ?

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Squash

I don't read the original post that way. It was in fact a question. Whining is a thing, It happens, obviously tough to understand even though it's common. Your post could be read as " Whiner whining about whiners whining"....Lol
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 11:57 AM

I thought this thread was going to be about James.

Some good answers here that I agree with: seeking attention, miserable lives, etc.

Originally Posted by fossil2

This is probably the best advice I've heard that I am unable to follow. LOL

I'm a member of maybe a half-dozen trapping hunting sites. I frequent this one the most.

Boss, you are the most even-handed and impartial owner/moderator of any site I've been on. I know you endure a lot. You are the reason this site is as great as it is.

Thank you.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Posco
Originally Posted by dirtydogtrapping
Remember I'm a retired concrete finisher and those people never lasted working around me either.

I poured quite a few Walmart stores. Concrete guys make bricklayers seem kind and cultured.

HEY, I resemble that remark!

Cultured...LOL
Posted By: Squash

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Feedinggrounds
Originally Posted by Squash

I don't read the original post that way. It was in fact a question. Whining is a thing, It happens, obviously tough to understand even though it's common. Your post could be read as " Whiner whining about whiners whining"....Lol

And your reply whining about my post. LOL I don’t have a problem with anyone whining on a public forum, one persons whine is another persons vent.

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 12:08 PM

Ah, Squash I was going to say I see your logic...I don't. But you just whined about my reply. So I will leave it on that note.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 12:27 PM

Some people wouldn't be happy if you hung them with a new rope. It's their nature to whine and complain.
Posted By: Kevin Stake

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 12:28 PM

Let’s start the new year with lifting each other up. Thank you Paul for this website. I have learned a lot and met some great people. Merry Christmas to you all.
Posted By: newfox1

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 12:31 PM

Our friends were over for dinner and said they overheard a conversation between thier daughter and mine, my daughter said don't get lippy or your dad will make you work all day. When I asked her about it she said I told her her back muscles were connected to her lip muscles, and if your back is tired enough your lips will quit flapping. Send them whinners over here Paul I'll find them something to do.LoL
Posted By: corky

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bogmaster
Most are looking for attention,they get plenty when they complain about how things are on here. Negative attention doesn't seem to really bother them.
After all even negative attention(to them) is better than,no attention.
Tom

Nailed it.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by newfox1
Our friends were over for dinner and said they overheard a conversation between thier daughter and mine, my daughter said don't get lippy or your dad will make you work all day. When I asked her about it she said I told her her back muscles were connected to her lip muscles, and if your back is tired enough your lips will quit flapping. Send them whinners over here Paul I'll find them something to do.LoL

Like!!!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Turtledale
Your site, your rules, before you've given people the ax I've seen you chime in and give them a chance to correct themselves. This site is fantastic, Thank you. As far as some people go.... Dad always said "I'll give you enough rope to hang yourself with if that's what you want boy".

Truth^^^

Paul give plenty of leeway.

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 01:11 PM

The whiners are just on the wrong forum. They should be hanging out on the Fermenter's Forum instead.
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 01:19 PM

Sometimes people get piled on by life itself. They have a really bad day and post something that comes across to others differently than they intended.
Time to cut a little slack. None of us are perfect.

Now if it becomes a pattern, than maybe its time for them to be nudged in the right direction.

But I really doubt that any of us get it right all the time.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
Some people are natural born whiners.
I dont blame you at all for turfing them-hard to take people always whining/complaining about almost everything.
I think you are fairly lenient with them.

Whiney Canadian Suck Up !!! laugh

w
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 01:35 PM

Like my daddy use to say stop whining boy or I can give you something to really whine about. smile It worked for him.
Posted By: Rat_Pack

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by white dog

Some people wouldn't be happy if you hung them with a new rope. It's their nature to whine and complain.

I wouldn't be happy either! A new, sturdy rope is going to stretch my neck...an old, rotten rope might break and give me a slim chance at getting away. I could go on and on about hanging ropes, but then I'd probably end up sounding like a whiner smile
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 01:46 PM

These comments are funny. Some of the biggest whiners are piling on the other whiners.

Thanks for the site Paul and Merry Christmas all.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Blaine County
These comments are funny. Some of the biggest whiners are piling on the other whiners.

Quit yer whining, ya big whiner !!! laugh

w
Posted By: yukon254

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 01:51 PM

Like others have said, its just the way some are Paul. I've been dealing with outdoorsmen and women my entire life and there are always a few that are never satisfied no matter how hard you work to try to make them happy. Luckily among the outdoors crowd the number of whiners is quite small. Most are real good people. You have an extremely large group to deal with here so you are going to see a lot more of it than we do in our business. We offer all new clients a money back guarantee that they will be satisfied with their trip. Not one has ever asked for their money back, but I have refused to rebook two different guys over the years. They whined and complained so much that it ruined the trip for everyone involved. The one fellow even complained about the weather when it was a clear sunny day! How do you fix that! For me its better to just cut those kind loose.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Whiners - 12/24/20 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Rat_Pack
Originally Posted by white dog

I wouldn't be happy either! A new, sturdy rope is going to stretch my neck...an old, rotten rope might break and give me a slim chance at getting away. I could go on and on about hanging ropes, but then I'd probably end up sounding like a whiner smile

Now if it was an old rope, they would probably want to stop and smoke it, to see the mary-jane content so they could get high.

Page 3 and finely a cross-boarder shot at someone.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums