Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/25/20 05:16 PM

Way to go.Nice tree stand.Lone wolf?
Posted By: rick brocious

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/25/20 05:20 PM

Nice but I figured you'd get a couple trail cameras . lol
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/25/20 05:20 PM

Good i thought it was a fuuny looking pack frame.

Power company frowns on Nevadans use of tree stands here.

Merry Christmas Savell
Posted By: Savell

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/25/20 05:27 PM

Lol...

... yes - lonewolf c.g.. light set up for hunting the government woods here around the house... weighs next to nothing

... merry Christmas y’all
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/25/20 05:48 PM

You're gonna like that setup.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/25/20 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Savell
Lol...

... yes - lonewolf c.g.. light set up for hunting the government woods here around the house... weighs next to nothing

... merry Christmas y’all

Wow! Soon you’ll be talking about how you can walk anywhere and slip onto a bedded down buck that you have 6 years of trail cam pics of and how cutting down on 3.2lbs of gear and wearing the latest camo really made it happen. I’d like to thank Muddy and realtree and vortex and Walmart and Hoyt and Mexico. Without y’all none of this could have happened.

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/25/20 06:11 PM

... exactly! .... I just finished cutting the heels off my boots to save weight!
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/25/20 06:13 PM

grin
Posted By: KYtrapper2005

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/25/20 06:16 PM

... exactly! .... I just finished cutting the heels off my boots to save weight!

If you want to save like ten pounds cut the buttons off your shirt! It’s amazing the results it provides in the field!
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/25/20 06:26 PM

Nice stand, Is that a hang on type stand?...You gotta be light for one of those.....I remember when the climbing stands first came out, first the Baker, then Loggy Bayou was the one everyone had to have.

I was about 25, and weighed around 175 # soaking wet the morning I climbed a Post Oak about 15 ft up.with my new Loggy Bayou.

Had just stepped to the front of the platform to set it in when it broke loose, slid down the tree trunk like greased lightning, and bounced me hard off the ground.

My hunting buddy saw the whole thing and hollered...."Hey Loggy Slide-you, you okay?" Lol.....We still call them Loggy "Slide-You" stands. grin
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/25/20 06:31 PM

It's Christmas.....no comment.

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/25/20 06:32 PM

... yeah ky... the ol baker ... climb up... slide down lol

... I’ve been 150 pounds since I was 18 ... so I can still do all this stupid crap just to stick these sorry ol pine goats with arrows lol

[Linked Image]

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/25/20 06:34 PM

Hey Sprung and Rusty, It was in the 80's before anyone wore fall restraints....Go ahead, I don't care laugh

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/25/20 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by ky_coyote_hunter
Hey Sprung and Rusty, It was in the 80's before anyone wore fall restraints....Go ahead, I don't care laugh

My comment wasn't about you.

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/25/20 06:35 PM

... yeah ky... the ol baker ... climb up... slide down lol

... I’ve been 150 pounds since I was 18 ... so I can still do all this stupid crap just to stick these sorry ol pine goats with arrows lol

[Linked Image]

Lol, That's a museum piece Savell, should have saved mine for posterity, Lol.

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/25/20 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty
Originally Posted by ky_coyote_hunter

My comment wasn't about you.

Sorry about that, getting senile, Lol.

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/25/20 06:39 PM

... you wasn’t thinking about being ugly to me were you SprungnRusty? ... you know how sensitive I am
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/25/20 06:44 PM

Guess thats ok long as you don't get but head high on a tree, a five gallong bucket works just as well plus you can pack your lunch and drinks in it.

Saw on a deer forum here ol fat boy wasn't use to walking on ice and went down face first, he was proud of himself and took a selfie in his stand, bloody nose and all, lol.

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/25/20 06:50 PM

Lol Jtrap .. with the ol 30 there ain’t no reason to get above them .. but with a bow a mans better off looking down on these nervous piney wood deer
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/25/20 06:57 PM

You wanna save 10lbs of ugly fat...cut off your head. wink

Merry Christmas Savell

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/25/20 07:09 PM

... you wasn’t thinking about being ugly to me were you SprungnRusty? ... you know how sensitive I am

Not you or any person on this forum.

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/25/20 08:03 PM

......I know the story behind that stand and it's creation. I wouldn't give that company my money is all. Not going to say anymore. Its a nice stand though. Enjoy it. If your happy with it, I'm happy for you.

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/25/20 08:31 PM

Hey Sprung... lay it out for me... I don’t have a dog in the fight. Just liked that set up for the bouncing around I have to do in these government woods around here
Posted By: PSB1011

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/25/20 08:57 PM

Good grief, now you are only 4ft 11 instead of 5 ft 2 !!
Posted By: charles

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/25/20 09:03 PM

Had forgotten about Baker stands. Had one once. Remember when I got the hand climber a year later. Used to climb loblolly pines me with one. Scary.
Posted By: btomlin

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/25/20 09:19 PM

I have both the regular and smaller lone wolfs. That smaller one is one stealthy stand. I’m not sure you could get one to make a noise either. I had a hook on my harness to hold the stand on way up the tree. Once to elevation, a quick lineman's rope around tree and stand was off hook around tree. Quick, easy, and safe.

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/25/20 09:37 PM

Hey Sprung... lay it out for me... I don’t have a dog in the fight. Just liked that set up for the bouncing around I have to do in these government woods around here

Nah. Like I said it's Christmas. Regardless of what happened, it's still a great stand and you will really like it. The set up is great that you have. Enjoy it.
Posted By: cotton

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/25/20 09:43 PM

Didn't baker make model called the widow maker?

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/25/20 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by PSB1011

Good grief, now you are only 4ft 11 instead of 5 ft 2 !!

... I’m honored to be the man that drew you out for a good old fashioned insult

... now go trap some more red possum and tamp down that redi mix lol

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/25/20 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by cotton
Didn't baker make model called the widow maker?

That would have been appropriate, that or "The Baker Undertaker" grin
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/26/20 12:17 AM

No better way to hone your de-climbing technique than trying to use a Baker stand.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/26/20 01:32 AM

It’s a wonder I have hair on my chin and face! Killed a pile of deer out of those Bakers...when they would stay up in the trees, lol. Shimmied down many a tree cause I was too scared to fall or jump!

Savell, I can’t believe you’re high dollaring that stand. Put the window sticker on the truck window?

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/26/20 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
It’s a wonder I have hair on my chin and face! Killed a pile of deer out of those Bakers...when they would stay up in the trees, lol. Shimmied down many a tree cause I was too scared to fall or jump!

Savell, I can’t believe you’re high dollaring that stand. Put the window sticker on the truck window?

... I can’t either... feel a little ashamed... but man you can’t even tell that thing’s on your back

... gave the sticker to the outlaw Jesse Henry so he can impress the girls down at his elementary school lol
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/26/20 02:19 AM

Ok that is gonna get you and Jesse Henry's mom called down to the school fer sure when his teacher finds huntin' and trappin' stickers stuck to her rear end.

It was a game when I was in Jr High- teachers were scared to sit down w/o checking what we had booby trapped their chair with. Good times
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/26/20 02:20 AM

grin
Posted By: Cattrax

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/26/20 04:02 AM

He wouldn't lose much weight, these are his boots!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: cotton

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/26/20 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Cattrax

He wouldn't lose much weight, these are his boots!

[Linked Image]

LMBO

ole kittyprints is being down right mean
Posted By: Leary Sink

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/26/20 10:59 AM

Cattrax for the win!!!

I always referred to them Baker stands as gravity stands instead of climbing stands.

Anyone remember the one called the tree lounge? It was like a recliner tree stand.
That one should have come with a parachute and emergency locator beacon.
Got a old friend who was in one it had a gravity spike, went straight down from about 20 ft up a gum tree and he ended up with a broken back, a broken leg and internal injuries.
The crazy rascal crawled on his belly 200 yards to his truck draggin that stand and then crawled back and got a deer decoy he borrowed from another friend, had to climb up into his truck and drove himself to the hospital ER.
Posted By: Cattrax

Re: Extra Good This Year - 12/26/20 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by cotton

LMBO

ole kittyprints is being down right mean

Cotton, I'm just getting him primed up, incase Dave and I get to hit beaver and otter down there later this winter. laugh
© 2024 Trapperman Forums