Home

Who's working today?

Posted By: pintail_drake04

Who's working today? - 12/25/20 05:53 PM

Hey gents, I'm itching to get home. I started my vacation on Nov. 28, and today is the only day I plan on working until Jan 6. We are already short staffed, and I hate to see folks get mandated so I came in. I get to work today, and things get stupid quick! Oh well, just another day walking a beat. Hopefully, my relief shows up early. Merry Christmas yall, and to my brothers in Blue, yall stay safe!
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Who's working today? - 12/25/20 06:03 PM

I just had to work for a couple hours this morning feeding cattle and pulling sick ones. Was home by 9:30 and had a house full waiting to eat breakfast and open presents. Will have to go back after lunch for a bit. Merry Christmas
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Who's working today? - 12/25/20 06:20 PM

I used to volunteer to work Christmas every year. We always did Christmas eve with the Grandchildren and I let those with small kids stay home. But now theres a couple others that don't have any kids at home. Feeding and breaking ice was always a nice quiet time with my late wife and the stillness of Christmas morning and horses.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Who's working today? - 12/25/20 06:28 PM

I am about 8 minutes away from the fencepost mill landscape mulch bagging plant. I have 6 IBC totes with landscape dye that cannot freeze. so I will swing through, check waste oil furnace. Ride around mill buildings checking for fresh tacks in the snow to doors and come back home. No real work till January 4, then equipment maint/repair, getting ready for spring. Wife's gas station/store is closed, so she went by to caulk some restroom fixtures. I will head over to help, then back home for supper.
Posted By: Kn9ne

Re: Who's working today? - 12/25/20 06:38 PM

Working from noon to midnight today. Working 8am to midnight tomorrow. Get to spend my Christmas with inmates again this year. lol
Posted By: patrapperbuster

Re: Who's working today? - 12/25/20 06:44 PM

"working" on my trapline for a few hours. Then off to visit family. MERRY CHRISTMAS
Posted By: GregPaulman

Re: Who's working today? - 12/25/20 06:45 PM

I was on call Last night and today but everyone showed up for work at the group home. I go in at 5 for the evening shift.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Who's working today? - 12/25/20 06:45 PM

just on call for another hour
Posted By: Bob

Re: Who's working today? - 12/25/20 07:15 PM

I might go check some traps later. Maybe build the back wall and door for my greenhouse. Already got the sidewalls built. 16’x9’. All done with presents for now, my kids have a few more presents to open later after my ex wife leaves. We didn’t want to make her kids feel left out.
Posted By: mike mason

Re: Who's working today? - 12/25/20 07:22 PM

Woke up to no power and 12" water in the basement but still a Merry Christmas!
Posted By: ETexTrapper

Re: Who's working today? - 12/25/20 07:34 PM

Started my day shift today. Life of a shift worker.
Posted By: trapperbless

Re: Who's working today? - 12/25/20 08:38 PM

Had the morning off so I could spend Christmas with my family. Got to feed and milk cows this afternoon
Posted By: Hornady Reloader

Re: Who's working today? - 12/25/20 08:40 PM

Does scouting or Geese count as work?
Posted By: Ark Trapper

Re: Who's working today? - 12/25/20 08:46 PM

I am. My job knows no season be safe out there if not it increases my workload
Posted By: Michigander

Re: Who's working today? - 12/25/20 08:49 PM

5 am to 10 am is all. Ran the water plant for 5 hours, checked the sewer plant, and spread some salt on the village streets. I will have to work a bit longer tomorrow to make up for the short day today.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Who's working today? - 12/25/20 10:00 PM

7 pm to 7 am lastnight, and tonight through Monday with a good chance of those 12 hr shifts becoming 16hr shifts. But I still made it to my wifes grandmother get to gather today and heading by to visit my mom now before going into work. Some day these 2- 4 hrs of sleep day may catch up with me.

Merry Christmas everyone . Remember the the child whose birthday we are supposed to be celebrating.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Who's working today? - 12/25/20 10:42 PM

I was just thinking of this , this morning.

Remember those who have to work during Christmas. First responders , medical personnel , military, those who work in nursing homes and other TRULY essential people. They are the backbone of our country.

Thanks to them all.
Posted By: trapperbless

Re: Who's working today? - 12/26/20 04:38 AM

[Linked Image]

Had to assist this heifer after milking this evening. Had one yesterday as well. That’s the last animal due for the holidays . Got a 3 week break from calving and then I’ve got another round coming
Posted By: run

Re: Who's working today? - 12/26/20 03:08 PM

I'm working today.
Posted By: run

Re: Who's working today? - 12/26/20 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by trapperbless
[Linked Image]

Had to assist this heifer after milking this evening. Had one yesterday as well. That’s the last animal due for the holidays . Got a 3 week break from calving and then I’ve got another round coming

Nice calf.
Posted By: DWC

Re: Who's working today? - 12/26/20 03:26 PM

I used to want to work holidays. Christmas and Thanksgiving were triple pay and the others double pay. A grand on Christmas makes the shopping for presents hurt a lot less.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums