Home

Tom Florin

Posted By: PNW Mountain Man

Tom Florin - 12/26/20 12:28 AM

What happened to Tom Florin and is he still trapping? He had some amazing YouTube videos.

Do you think Paul Dobbins will make YouTube videos like Tom Did?
Posted By: vermontster

Re: Tom Florin - 12/26/20 12:40 AM

You like watching a guy that shoots into brush because he thought the deer would go that way? That guys lucky he hasn't killed someone!!!!!!
Posted By: marathonman

Re: Tom Florin - 12/26/20 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by vermontster
You like watching a guy that shoots into brush because he thought the deer would go that way? That guys lucky he hasn't killed someone!!!!!!

I think you have Tom Florin mixed up with someone else..

Re: Tom Florin - 12/26/20 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by marathonman
Originally Posted by vermontster

I think you have Tom Florin mixed up with someone else..

I second that Marathonman

Re: Tom Florin - 12/26/20 01:23 AM

I'm talking about Tom Florin from VT. Not Tom Florin from missouri
Posted By: marathonman

Re: Tom Florin - 12/26/20 01:31 AM

He is talking about Tom Florin from Wisconsin I believe..accomplished beaver trapper

Re: Tom Florin - 12/26/20 01:32 AM

You are correct The guy I'm thinking of is Gerald Fortin. My apologies .
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: Tom Florin - 12/26/20 01:38 AM

I think he had a trapping supply company and I bought a dozen sleepy creek 4 1/2 long springs off of him. I liked his videos, I too wondered what happened to him.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Tom Florin - 12/26/20 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by PNW Mountain Man

I seriously doubt it.
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: Tom Florin - 12/26/20 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by PNW Mountain Man
What happened to Tom Florin and is he still trapping? He had some amazing YouTube videos.

I found the videos to be very basic with nothing to learn from them. Honestly, I was able to figure most of his techniques and methods out by myself in my pre teen years.

Paul and his father taught a bit deeper into the trade, I thought.

Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Tom Florin - 12/26/20 02:41 AM

Absolutely ^^^
Posted By: warrior

Re: Tom Florin - 12/26/20 02:59 AM

I think Boss Dobbins would do a great job hamming it up for the camera. His wallet set would be well worth watching.

Re: Tom Florin - 12/26/20 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by warrior
I think Boss Dobbins would do a great job hamming it up for the camera. His wallet set would be well worth watching.

I think he could teach the world to trap

Re: Tom Florin - 12/26/20 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by Flipper 56
I think he had a trapping supply company and I bought a dozen sleepy creek 4 1/2 long springs off of him. I liked his videos, I too wondered what happened to him.

Yes him
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Tom Florin - 12/26/20 04:21 AM

Go for it PAUL
I believe you would be great at it
You have already got several thousand for an audience from day one.

Re: Tom Florin - 12/26/20 04:33 AM

LOL, I'm on the brink of retirement. My big beaver contract is about to expire, and I think I'm ready, after 29 years, to take a break. There's other stuff I want to do between now and dead.

There are plenty of younger folks out there who have the knowledge and desire to pass it on. Boco would be one who could do great at this, as well as others who know how to catch the critters.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Tom Florin - 12/26/20 05:04 AM

Mr Florin set up several tables at a couple of our conventions at least 5 yrs ago.

I’m pretty sure He has since gone out of business if I am not mistaken. Their company FB hasn’t had entries since ‘14.

Posted By: Birdman382

Re: Tom Florin - 12/26/20 05:18 AM

Paul that's a pile of beaver. Now as much as I love beaver trapping enough is enough. Just keep making bait if you can after retirement. Myself I am retired but busier than ever except this time of year. My shop is to cool as not insulated except for the fur hide room. Now my wife wants a motor home to travel rather than stay in a motel. Best wishes to you Paul !
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Tom Florin - 12/26/20 05:21 AM

Tom Is a good guy but a very poor business man. He Is still around and I believe Is a laborer for some company.

Re: Tom Florin - 12/26/20 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by Birdman382
Just keep making bait if you can after retirement. Myself I am retired but busier than ever except this time of year. Now my wife wants a motor home to travel rather than stay in a motel. Best wishes to you Paul !

I'll still have the lure making business, and Tman.
Your wife wants a motor home, and mine wants a camper.

Re: Tom Florin - 12/26/20 06:12 AM

TEAM Paul
© 2024 Trapperman Forums