Home

Savage straight pull ?

Posted By: yukon254

Savage straight pull ? - 01/01/21 03:42 PM

Anyone seen the new Savage straight pull bolt gun in person? I cant find it on their website, but I have seen a couple of videos on it. Looks like a neat design. Its ambidextrous so would be good for us lefties. Wondering what calibers it comes in?
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Savage straight pull ? - 01/01/21 04:30 PM

It's called the impulse line. Not sure on calibers but on another forum it seems they pulled all the vids and pics. Think they ran into an issue. NOT SURE but that's what is being discussed on other sites.
Posted By: yukon254

Re: Savage straight pull ? - 01/01/21 04:38 PM

That makes sense. Was wondering why they didnt have any information on their website.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Savage straight pull ? - 01/01/21 11:43 PM

Wow, Sounds interesting
Posted By: Knappett

Re: Savage straight pull ? - 01/02/21 01:07 AM

Straight pull rifles are neat, i always planned to get a Ross rifle
Posted By: BruceDafter

Re: Savage straight pull ? - 01/02/21 02:34 AM

Anything like a Schmidt-Rubin? I have one that was my grandfather's that was sporterized into .308. It's a unique action.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Savage straight pull ? - 01/02/21 03:24 AM

strait pull guns typically run into the issue that they still turn bolt lugs just use a cam to do it you don't get the leverage of a turning bolt , thus need to keep chamber cleaner , and use small base dies and full length size brass

if you want to look at an interesting strait pull the the Blaser R8 it does an expanding locking ring as the bolt is pushed forward it pushes the lock ring out into the bolt recess in the receiver

also the Magazine and trigger group are one part and drop out of the rifle together making the rifle shorter
© 2024 Trapperman Forums