Home

Best time for lobster?

Posted By: nvwrangler

Best time for lobster? - 01/03/21 02:56 AM

Wife wants a trip to drive part of the east coast and hit lobster shacks and seafood restaurants. Whats the best time of year price wise, people wise ( the less the better )?

And any cool places for a long 4 day weekend type trip.

Thanks
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Best time for lobster? - 01/03/21 03:12 AM

Summer
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Best time for lobster? - 01/03/21 04:07 AM

I would say between 4:00 and 7:00 pm.
Posted By: daury1980

Re: Best time for lobster? - 01/03/21 04:36 AM

i fish lobster here in the winter but lobster is best out of season in summer
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Best time for lobster? - 01/03/21 04:46 AM

Thanks daury

Thats the kind of info i was looking for, out here crab is a winter catch although one can catch it during other months on a sport license. And i know there is no nonresident lobster fishing for sport.

Would early May or mid September still have places open to avoid the crowd?
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Best time for lobster? - 01/03/21 05:18 AM

I worked up there the first 2 weeks of Oct a few years back and I was the only out of stater in the whole place
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Best time for lobster? - 01/03/21 06:19 AM

Lobstah roll....yummy. Made in Maine grin

[Linked Image]

This past August , in Kittery.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Best time for lobster? - 01/03/21 12:37 PM

we were up there a few years back , pulled trailer over for 3 week stay , stay in south harbor area , only saw a lot of people when we went to tourist traps , bar-harbor , and 7 mile beach , the rest of the time was great , ate lobster three times a day :), it was a good trip an wife wants to go back ,
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: Best time for lobster? - 01/03/21 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper Dahlgren
we were up there a few years back , pulled trailer over for 3 week stay , stay in south harbor area , only saw a lot of people when we went to tourist traps , bar-harbor , and 7 mile beach , the rest of the time was great , ate lobster three times a day :), it was a good trip an wife wants to go back ,

3 times a day? were u buying it reasonable or just biting the bullit? Once every few weeks is rich enough for this old stomache.
Been planning this trip with my son.

Re: Best time for lobster? - 01/03/21 08:15 PM

Best time? Anytime,son asked today so tonight lobster and shrimp
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Best time for lobster? - 01/03/21 08:24 PM

Tuckaway Tavern in Raymond NH......has 2 for 1 lobster rolls on Monday and Tuesday every week . 1/2 pound of lobster meat each...plus fries...for 34.95 [Linked Image]

Re: Best time for lobster? - 01/03/21 08:28 PM

guess im spoiled to the garlic butter dip,I showed my son and he wrinkled his nose...haha
Posted By: Posco

Re: Best time for lobster? - 01/03/21 08:39 PM

Throw in some fried clams and you're dining like a king. You could walk up the Maine coast stepping on nothing but the decks of lobster shacks. US Route 1 runs the entire coast and it feels like a miles long logjam in the summertime with the tangle of tourists. You shouldn't have a hard time finding lobster no matter the season with a bit of asking around.

Re: Best time for lobster? - 01/03/21 08:41 PM

planning on a drive up this summah,,thanks for the tips and keep them coming!!!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Best time for lobster? - 01/03/21 08:43 PM

Best time is when its on the Table.

I prefer fresh shrimp though

Re: Best time for lobster? - 01/03/21 09:03 PM

Keep the locations for the feeds coming please guys,,son and I are planning a trip this spring

Re: Best time for lobster? - 01/03/21 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
Tuckaway Tavern in Raymond NH......has 2 for 1 lobster rolls on Monday and Tuesday every week . 1/2 pound of lobster meat each...plus fries...for 34.95 [Linked Image]

Yummy!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Best time for lobster? - 01/03/21 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by west river rogue
planning on a drive up this summah,,thanks for the tips and keep them coming!!!

The whole eastern shore from Rockland up thru Belast and Bar Harbor. Seafood restaurants everywhere and some places you can buy right off the docked boats.
Posted By: andrews1958

Re: Best time for lobster? - 01/03/21 09:14 PM

Red's Lobster in Wiscassit Maine. It is a little hole but it is famous for the best in Maine http://www.redseatsmaine.com/

Re: Best time for lobster? - 01/03/21 09:20 PM

im droolin already
Posted By: Slick Pan

Re: Best time for lobster? - 01/03/21 10:20 PM

Stay away from bigger cities. Look for out of the way places that are not big tourist traps. Smaller towns. Cooking your own is best. Buy whole live lobsters. For me lobster rolls are ok but its not something I would eat in Maine due to the available supply of live. If you want chowder try to find a place that serves small whole belly. Haddock is better than cod for fried fish. Times to go are like most tourist areas. Middle of May before memorial day. In the fall when you can catch the leaves turning is nice but more tourists. New England in the fall if beautiful.
Posted By: Redknot

Re: Best time for lobster? - 01/03/21 10:28 PM

Young's Belfast Maine - Summer

Re: Best time for lobster? - 01/03/21 10:37 PM

To me anytime you can buy right off the docked boats is best.
Posted By: Sawmill Creek

Re: Best time for lobster? - 01/04/21 01:59 AM

We went to the coast after leaving trapping convention at Olsen's a couple years ago. Whole live lobster was $4.99/# everywhere including a rest area on the 4 lane heading to Mass
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Best time for lobster? - 01/04/21 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Best time is when its on the Table.

I prefer fresh shrimp though

Shrimp is one of my favorites

I much prefer Dungenesssssss over lobster any day
Posted By: Aix sponsa

Re: Best time for lobster? - 01/04/21 03:34 AM

I cook lobster very similar to the way I cook crawfish, and I can eat more of it than I can afford here. I’d love to be able to eat it more often.

Good luck on your quest!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums