Home

Mason Jar Lids $$$

Posted By: OhioBoy

Mason Jar Lids $$$ - 01/03/21 01:52 PM

I walked past the aisle at Walmart this weekend and thought hey it'd be a good idea to stock up on lids in Dec b/c they were hard to come by last year. They were out. Still. Like out out.

Looks like you can order them online at Walmart though. I actually just ordered them online at Target without shopping around and now I see they are cheaper at Walmart online but my mistake.

Scratch that below. Doesn't look like walmart ships them. Target did for a little more $. Shop around on your own I guess but heres the Target Links.

https://www.target.com/p/ball-12pk-...s-regular-mouth/-/A-12911516#lnk=sametab

https://www.target.com/p/ball-12pk-64oz-mason-jar-lids-and-bands-wide-mouth/-/A-12911519#lnk=sametab

Anyway just a heads up. Go out to Walmart and buy some canning lids so you have them if you need them. Amazon prices are ridiculous on them. Hope it helps. Thanks.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ball-Lids-for-Regular-Mouth-Jars-12-Count/16213250

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ball-Wide-Mouth-Lids-with-Bands-BPA-Free-12-Count/16213251

Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Mason Jar Lids $$$ - 01/03/21 01:56 PM

I noticed that also. The little woman says a lot of folks put baking mixes in jars for Christmas presents. Maybe they will restock and stay on the shelf awhile longer.
Posted By: M.Magis

Re: Mason Jar Lids $$$ - 01/03/21 01:57 PM

You can find similar prices on Amazon.

Re: Mason Jar Lids $$$ - 01/03/21 01:58 PM

That makes sense I guess. Just surprised me they were out. I got mine on order though. They keep forever and store fine so I'll just put them with my stuff and know I have them.

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
I noticed that also. The little woman says a lot of folks put baking mixes in jars for Christmas presents. Maybe they will restock and stay on the shelf awhile longer.

Re: Mason Jar Lids $$$ - 01/03/21 02:00 PM

I couldn't find them. You got a link? These are Ball Brand...

Originally Posted by M.Magis
Posted By: Prn

Re: Mason Jar Lids $$$ - 01/03/21 02:01 PM

Something must be wrong with that link. I clicked on the wide mouth and it says 16.99. Is that for 12 packages of 12 lids (144) total? It certainly cant be for one dozen lids.

Ok the target lids are more reasonable.

Re: Mason Jar Lids $$$ - 01/03/21 02:02 PM

There are some cheap knock-off lids on the market now too. Somewhere I got ahold of some that the rubber seal melts down from vinegar in pickles and sticks to the rim of the jars, and then to the washrags when you scrub it off the jars. I gotta find what brand is doing it.

Re: Mason Jar Lids $$$ - 01/03/21 02:04 PM

Try again. It doesn't say that when I click it... Reg 12 pack is $3.79 and Wide Mouth 12 pack is $5.49.

Originally Posted by Prn
Something must be wrong with that link. I clicked on the wide mouth and it says 16.99. Is that for 12 packages of 12 lids (144) total? It certainly cant be for one dozen lids.

Re: Mason Jar Lids $$$ - 01/03/21 02:05 PM

Correct. My links are Ball brand. There are cheap no name brands on amazon. The Ball brand on amazon is high dollar. Maybe I'm wrong though. I asked the guy above for a link...

There are some cheap knock-off lids on the market now too. Somewhere I got ahold of some that the rubber seal melts down from vinegar in pickles and sticks to the rim of the jars, and then to the washrags when you scrub it off the jars. I gotta find what brand is doing it.

Re: Mason Jar Lids $$$ - 01/03/21 02:07 PM

I had the wrong link for the walmart wide mouth... I see what you are saying now... I fixed it.

Originally Posted by Prn

Ok the target lids are more reasonable.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Mason Jar Lids $$$ - 01/03/21 02:13 PM

Where Are they made?
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: Mason Jar Lids $$$ - 01/03/21 02:26 PM

I found all kinds of lids the other day at our grocery store and at Bomgaars. I am stocked up for next season with 40 dozen. I still have some I carried over from last spring when I seen all the seeds and plants selling out. I am more concerned with garden seed than lids now. I have seed already to plant my garden as I saved as many seeds(heirloom) from as many vegetables as I could and will start my own plants this early spring by grow light. I put up 450 quarts of meat, vegetables and fruit this last growing season. I gave care packages out to church members that were struggling as well as to our kids for Christmas.

I don't know where this will end up but stocking up and prepping has always been what we do. Raise a garden and some broiler chickens. Lots of fruit trees go untouched around here and most folks will let you pick trees so they do not have to mow over them. LLL
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Mason Jar Lids $$$ - 01/03/21 02:31 PM

I don’t can food but use a lot of jars to store oils, grease and parts I use the plastic lids they hold up better over time.
Posted By: Hornady Reloader

Re: Mason Jar Lids $$$ - 01/03/21 02:33 PM

This is where I found lids. www.masonjarmerchant.com They are out of Canada. They are out of Ball but have Bernard's which is the Canadian version made in the USA.

Re: Mason Jar Lids $$$ - 01/03/21 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Hornady Reloader
This is where I found lids. www.masonjarmerchant.com They are out of Canada. They are out of Ball but have Bernard's which is the Canadian version made in the USA.

You actually paid .89 each plus shipping for canning lids? Maybe I should rethink what I want to do with my stockpile. LLL

Re: Mason Jar Lids $$$ - 01/03/21 03:13 PM

6.99 per doz or 20 doz for $125. Fitty two cent per piece.

Re: Mason Jar Lids $$$ - 01/03/21 03:21 PM

6.99 per doz or 20 doz for $125. Fitty two cent per piece.

Wow.

Re: Mason Jar Lids $$$ - 01/03/21 03:23 PM

When on sale I can by vegetables in the can for .25. I could save myself money by buying those and spending more time fishing this summer. I paid 2.39 for regulars and 3.29 for the widemouths per dozen. LLL
Posted By: ozark trapper ia

Re: Mason Jar Lids $$$ - 01/03/21 03:32 PM

We picked up a flat of regular lids at wallmart last week. They had wide and regular in stock,4 -5 flats of each size. 598 jars of meat veggies and fruit put up at our house this year. Setting good for next year on lids also. We could have bought everthing they had but we only buy what we need. And we do help out a few older folks that need a doz or so lids.
Posted By: Hornady Reloader

Re: Mason Jar Lids $$$ - 01/03/21 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by LLtrapper
Originally Posted by Hornady Reloader

You actually paid .89 each plus shipping for canning lids? Maybe I should rethink what I want to do with my stockpile. LLL

Free shipping over $79.00 and who knows when they will be available here again. .49 for regular and .58 for wide mouth. And I didn't have to deal with people while trying to find them. That's a win for me.
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: Mason Jar Lids $$$ - 01/03/21 06:04 PM

My problem has been finding regular mouth quart jars. We bottle honey in them, and the quart size is the most popular size. Normally we bought Kerr and Ball jars, and we don’t use the lids and bands, rather we use a single piece white metal lid we buy from a lid supplier.

We were down to the last dozen and a half jars and I was starting to panic. But I was in the local Rural King before Christmas, and spotted boxes marked “glass” at the end of an isle. Took a look...they were boxes of regular mouth mayonnaise style jars ( no lids ), for $6.99 a dozen. I don’t really care about the lids ( we have 50 dozen saved from the Ball jars ) as we use a different lid anyways. I bought 30 dozen jars that evening.
Posted By: Ric

Re: Mason Jar Lids $$$ - 01/03/21 06:20 PM

I just picked up a hundred wide mouth and regular lids $22.10 and $18.80 . Guess I did OK

Re: Mason Jar Lids $$$ - 01/03/21 07:05 PM

I have some wide mouth Kerr lids I would sell and some regular lid and ring combos. PM me. LLL
Posted By: tlguy

Re: Mason Jar Lids $$$ - 01/03/21 07:47 PM

Where are the guys calling people names for trying to buy ammo right now? Or they'll tell you you should've stocked up when they were readily available.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Mason Jar Lids $$$ - 01/03/21 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by tlguy
Where are the guys calling people names for trying to buy ammo right now? Or they'll tell you you should've stocked up when they were readily available.

grin

Its a Need though

Re: Mason Jar Lids $$$ - 01/03/21 10:10 PM

I would never hold anything against anyone who was wise enough to buy what they needed when it was available. Seems like envy to me. LLL

Re: Mason Jar Lids $$$ - 01/03/21 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by OhioBoy
I couldn't find them. You got a link? These are Ball Brand...

Originally Posted by M.Magis

Sorry, I forgot about this thread and now I can’t find the ones I was looking at. I’ll post a link if I do.
Posted By: bowhunterks

Re: Mason Jar Lids $$$ - 11/22/21 02:57 AM

Cant find any at wal-mart but we can buy Ball and Kerr lids at are small town grocery store.

Re: Mason Jar Lids $$$ - 11/22/21 03:06 AM

This is an old thread, bumped by someone trying to spam their Amazon shop.
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: Mason Jar Lids $$$ - 11/22/21 03:10 AM

I have no idea as to how good the lids are , but an Amish store here in Ohio sells a sleeve of 100 regular lids for around $28.00 .
They had wide mouth in sleeves of 100 also , but didn't check the price .

I do know that lids made now are made a lot cheaper than they were before Ball changed to the newer lids .
I have lids from 20 years ago , and there's a huge difference in thickness of the metal and at least 4 times more rubber on the older lids .
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: Mason Jar Lids $$$ - 11/22/21 03:14 AM

Our Walmart had regular mouth Ball lids this week. I think they were $2.89 a dozen. Got 12 dozen.

Re: Mason Jar Lids $$$ - 11/22/21 01:47 PM

Walmart here in Fla had both Ball and Golden Harvest regular mouth.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Mason Jar Lids $$$ - 11/22/21 02:12 PM

it is the mentality of the Big Stores that the lids and jars are a seasonal thing
so when canning ie pickling season is over
they pack them up and put them in storage
sometimes they put the " off sizes " on discount, like when I got whole jars and lids for 4$ a dozen in the 1 cup or 250 ml size

lids are running 2.50$ Canadian a dozen now
Posted By: AKAjust

Re: Mason Jar Lids $$$ - 11/22/21 02:22 PM

Amish store. We buy in bulk. Never had a problem with quality. So those of you that are concerned...How long do you want to keep canned goods anyway?
just
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Mason Jar Lids $$$ - 11/22/21 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by AKAjust
Amish store. We buy in bulk. Never had a problem with quality. So those of you that are concerned...How long do you want to keep canned goods anyway?
just

I'm still eating jelly from the early 2000's
Posted By: AKAjust

Re: Mason Jar Lids $$$ - 11/22/21 04:43 PM

Probably them Nauvoo grapes.
just
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: Mason Jar Lids $$$ - 11/24/21 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Originally Posted by AKAjust
just

I'm still eating jelly from the early 2000's

I'm eating green beans and tomatoes from 2011 , so they last longer than many think .
I don't like to keep tomato juice or sauce more than two or three years , as some times it turns a black color for some reason .
Whole tomatoes no problem .
Think it may have been the citric acid I put in the juice , just guessing .
But opened a can of store bought tomato soup , that was 4 years old , and it was black also .
So it could be to processing of the juice .
© 2024 Trapperman Forums