Home

Schmitt Enterprises?

Posted By: Gone Trappin.

Schmitt Enterprises? - 01/05/21 02:29 AM

I’m placing a decent sized order. Has anybody got stuff from there? How is their service? I’d like to know before I buy from them.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Schmitt Enterprises? - 01/05/21 02:31 AM

There are no better trapping supply places than Schmitt's. There are some as good, maybe, but none better. Order with confidence!
Posted By: brisbin

Re: Schmitt Enterprises? - 01/05/21 02:42 AM

X2
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Schmitt Enterprises? - 01/05/21 02:45 AM

Great guy to deal with.
Posted By: Flipper

Re: Schmitt Enterprises? - 01/05/21 02:47 AM

Best out there
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: Schmitt Enterprises? - 01/05/21 02:48 AM

Ordered one time from them. Took a little longer to get my order than say from MTP.

Re: Schmitt Enterprises? - 01/05/21 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by the Blak Spot
Ordered one time from them. Took a little longer to get my order than say from MTP.

Could be, but I bet it was not Schmitt's fault. They ship as fast as anyone in the business, if the shipping company drops the ball it's out of their hands.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Schmitt Enterprises? - 01/05/21 02:55 AM

X2 but never had a problem the few times I ordered from them.
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Schmitt Enterprises? - 01/05/21 02:56 AM

Gerald Schmitt will treat you right...Recommend him wholeheartedly.
Posted By: Kelly

Re: Schmitt Enterprises? - 01/05/21 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
There are no better trapping supply places than Schmitt's. There are some as good, maybe, but none better. Order with confidence!

Yes same here, been ordering from Gerald for close to 25 years.
Posted By: cat daddy

Re: Schmitt Enterprises? - 01/05/21 03:06 AM

They ship direct from the schmitt house!
Posted By: Kyyoter

Re: Schmitt Enterprises? - 01/05/21 03:06 AM

I just placed a order I liked the site and they had what I needed. Waiting and excited for some new stuff.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Schmitt Enterprises? - 01/05/21 03:13 AM

No issues with them good service.
Posted By: Cameron Kelsey

Re: Schmitt Enterprises? - 01/05/21 03:23 AM

Great company to do business with!
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Schmitt Enterprises? - 01/05/21 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by Gone Trappin.
I’m placing a decent sized order. Has anybody got stuff from there? How is their service? I’d like to know before I buy from them.

I think the comments should ease any possible concerns about them.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Schmitt Enterprises? - 01/05/21 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by cat daddy
They ship direct from the schmitt house!

No he has built a state of the art warehouse, I was quite impressed with the amount of material he has.
They host their zone meeting there and the food was worth the trip 600+ miles.
Any more positives and there will be sparks flying.
Posted By: Gray Breard

Re: Schmitt Enterprises? - 01/05/21 04:05 AM

I deal with 3. MTP, Schmitt and Cumberlands Northwest trappers in Owatonna MN. All are very good. When it comes to snares, Southern Snare in GA is my choice. I might be a little biased, but living in MN, I like to spend locally. Besides, I'm only an hr. SE of Tim Caven and The MTP crew.
Posted By: Calvin

Re: Schmitt Enterprises? - 01/05/21 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by ky_coyote_hunter
Gerald Schmitt will treat you right...Recommend him wholeheartedly.

Agreed! And he sure knows trapping, too.
Posted By: caldwellite

Re: Schmitt Enterprises? - 01/05/21 04:23 PM

Great service. He has been in business a lot of years,and is fun to talk mink with.
Posted By: Trapset

Re: Schmitt Enterprises? - 01/05/21 04:39 PM

Gerald and Doreen are great to deal with!
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Schmitt Enterprises? - 01/05/21 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~

Could be, but I bet it was not Schmitt's fault. They ship as fast as anyone in the business, if the shipping company drops the ball it's out of their hands.

X2
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Schmitt Enterprises? - 01/05/21 05:26 PM

Never hear a bad thing about them. I have nothing but good to say.
Posted By: Ohiowoodchuck

Re: Schmitt Enterprises? - 01/05/21 06:50 PM

I’ve bought a lot of stuff from him this season after a friend recommended them to me. I haven’t had one bit of trouble getting my stuff. I have even contacted him about stuff not listed on his website and he got it for me in a timely manner. Probably one of the best in the business.
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: Schmitt Enterprises? - 01/05/21 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by BernieB.
Never hear a bad thing about them. I have nothing but good to say.

X2
Posted By: River Birch

Re: Schmitt Enterprises? - 01/05/21 06:55 PM

Yup,great folks to deal with... They stand behind what they sell.
Posted By: Rusty Axe Camp

Re: Schmitt Enterprises? - 01/05/21 07:03 PM

Schmitt is good to go.

Couple years back at an Convention, either UP Trappers or the NTA in Escanaba, MI, I drug my feet on buying some bigger bulky gear I needed. Chain, couple dozen traps, drags, etc. Was gonna grab it right before I left so I didn't have to lug it around or make a run to the car before leaving. Instantly, it seemed like every supplier had started breaking camp and was packing up. Couple hours before the show was supposed to be done. I was scrambling. Schmitt was the only one of the bigger dealers that stayed till the vey end. They earned some annual sales from me that year.

Also got in a bidding war with the wife, Doreen?, one year in Buffalo a the NTA on a few things.
Posted By: Flipper

Re: Schmitt Enterprises? - 01/05/21 10:20 PM

He is open to in-house shopping also. If you can make it there you won’t be dissapointed
Posted By: Ohiowoodchuck

Re: Schmitt Enterprises? - 01/05/21 10:25 PM

To add if I place a order on Sunday it’s here on Wednesday. If he didn’t have it in stock when I placed my order, add two days and it’s here. Just like clock work.
Posted By: MINK I LOVE

Re: Schmitt Enterprises? - 01/05/21 11:59 PM

Ordered yesterday morning , here today. I'm in NE Iowa. Can't beat that service!
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Schmitt Enterprises? - 01/06/21 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by MINK I LOVE
Ordered yesterday morning , here today. I'm in NE Iowa. Can't beat that service!

Great service - not only from Schmitt Enterprises but from the carrier (UPS, FedEx, Spee Dee, post office) that got the package to you overnight.

You hardly ever hear about how good our parcel delivery options are. All you are hear about are the packages that get missent or delayed.

Time to give credit where credit is due!!!!!

Re: Schmitt Enterprises? - 01/06/21 12:08 AM

You can about guarantee it was SpeeDee Delivery Nancy. All the good suppliers in their range use them. Fast and cheap shipping.
Posted By: MinkGuy

Re: Schmitt Enterprises? - 01/06/21 12:11 AM

A trapper as honest as the day is long. Knowledgeable, sincere and trustworthy. Great minker - great family business.
Posted By: Adam Potaczek

Re: Schmitt Enterprises? - 01/06/21 12:27 AM

Deal with Gerald and family on a regular basis. Hands down great people running a great business. Adam
Posted By: MINK I LOVE

Re: Schmitt Enterprises? - 01/06/21 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by wissmiss
Originally Posted by MINK I LOVE

Great service - not only from Schmitt Enterprises but from the carrier (UPS, FedEx, Spee Dee, post office) that got the package to you overnight.

You hardly ever hear about how good our parcel delivery options are. All you are hear about are the packages that get missent or delayed.

Time to give credit where credit is due!!!!!

It was Spee Dee Delivery that delivered.
Posted By: 4zebra61

Re: Schmitt Enterprises? - 01/06/21 01:22 AM

I’ve dealt with Gerald, great service and very knowledgeable!
Posted By: Pest's Dad

Re: Schmitt Enterprises? - 01/06/21 01:53 AM

How can even I miss a thread about Gerald and Doreen? grin

Yep. I've only needed the odd things, down the years. But, now? I only Think in terms of Schmitt Enterprises!
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Schmitt Enterprises? - 01/06/21 02:01 AM

Their business is well run and very well organized. The Schmitt's are very strong supporters of trapping and trappers. Gerald is very soft spoken but when he talks traps, trapping and line management it is time to be quiet and listen.

Bryce
© 2024 Trapperman Forums