Home

Found some hens teeth!!

Posted By: jbyrd63

Found some hens teeth!! - 01/05/21 09:45 PM

Bought 4 metal ammo cans from an elderly lady back in June. Started looking thru them and ran across these 16 gauge. Wonder what they would bring on e-bay ?
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Also had 4 boxes of these in one
[Linked Image]
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Found some hens teeth!! - 01/05/21 09:47 PM

High brass!
Posted By: Finster

Re: Found some hens teeth!! - 01/05/21 09:53 PM

Brings back some memories. I still have my Mossberg bolt action 16Ga. My first shotgun I bought for $35. That took a mountain of game when I was a kid. I should buy a box and shoot some trap with it for old times sake.
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: Found some hens teeth!! - 01/05/21 09:54 PM

The 16ga shells did not come in that box, I'm thinkin'.

Re: Found some hens teeth!! - 01/05/21 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by trapperkeck
The 16ga shells did not come in that box, I'm thinkin'.

Says 16 gauge 25 shells in top pic BUT did notice the shells say 5 shot box says 6
Posted By: farmnhunt

Re: Found some hens teeth!! - 01/05/21 10:02 PM

box says 6 shot shells say 5 but nice find

Re: Found some hens teeth!! - 01/05/21 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Finster
Brings back some memories. I still have my Mossberg bolt action 16Ga. My first shotgun I bought for $35. That took a mountain of game when I was a kid. I should buy a box and shoot some trap with it for old times sake.

Yea I also got 3 Mossberg bolt action with poly choke in the lot. 2 12 gauge and a 16. Sold them to my Dad at cost . He kept one and sold the other 2.

Re: Found some hens teeth!! - 01/05/21 10:04 PM

Got to go look see what the rest of the box contains. Also several boxes of pistol shells . 32 and plain unlabeled 38 wad cutters plain white box red letters on it.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Found some hens teeth!! - 01/05/21 10:15 PM

That box with High brass if original should say " Heavy field load"

Still Nice
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Found some hens teeth!! - 01/05/21 10:19 PM

I have/use a few boxes of 16 like that. It runs about $16 a box for the Fiocchi Golden Pheasant which is very similar but nickle or copper plated lead.

Re: Found some hens teeth!! - 01/05/21 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
That box with High brass if original should say " Heavy field load"

Still Nice

[Linked Image]
Yea 5 high brass rest of the box are original field load (medium brass)
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Found some hens teeth!! - 01/05/21 10:22 PM

Nice find!! 16 guage is a cool round!! Sorry, can't sell ammo or even reloading components on ebay. Too scary for the Bay area cool kids!!

Re: Found some hens teeth!! - 01/05/21 10:23 PM

Any of you ole timers ever see the plain box of wad cutters?
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Marty B

Re: Found some hens teeth!! - 01/05/21 11:16 PM

[Linked Image]

They're probably worth more on gunbroker than ebay.

And from people that want to shoot them, more than collectors.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Found some hens teeth!! - 01/05/21 11:21 PM

Nice Finds
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Found some hens teeth!! - 01/06/21 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Finster

My first shotgun was a Mossberg 16 ga. bolt! It originally had a Poly-Choke but my Dad cut it down to an 18" barrel and shortened the stock for me with a big rubber slip-on recoil pad. Piles of rabbits were taken with that gun! I shot it until I was getting powder burns on my forehead from the bolt being worn...gave it to my brother when I mowed enough lawns to buy a beater used Remington 870 Wingmaster 12 ga. with a 30 inch barrel and ventilated rib. Still have that one.

I remember my Dad telling me to duck into the marsh grass and run of anyone showed up because I was well under the required age for hunting.

Moosetrot
© 2024 Trapperman Forums