Home

NAFA Checks

Posted By: yukon254

NAFA Checks - 01/06/21 07:40 PM

I know one trapper who is happy today, ( not me ) they just got a pretty big check from some fur NAFA had.
Posted By: 160user

Re: NAFA Checks - 01/06/21 08:06 PM

Mine must have gotten mixed in with a bag of mail in ballots.
Posted By: WyFurHarvesters

Re: NAFA Checks - 01/06/21 10:00 PM

by my estimates on my check about 1/10 th of what my fur was worth plus charged $20 bucks for the check to be sent and even had my last membership fee charged!
Posted By: foxhunter52

Re: NAFA Checks - 01/06/21 10:21 PM

I had a supposed $900 cat (pre-auction valuation) that brought me a whopin' $135. Shouldn't complain thought. I'd given up on it.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: NAFA Checks - 01/06/21 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by WyFurHarvesters
by my estimates on my check about 1/10 th of what my fur was worth plus charged $20 bucks for the check to be sent and even had my last membership fee charged!

That is a BOHICA moment on steroids !!! shocked

w
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: NAFA Checks - 01/06/21 10:30 PM

Not that I’m excusing or rationalizing the low prices trappers are receiving but you need to remember that NAFA was under pressure to get inventory sold as they had to be out of their main building in Toronto by a deadline. The pressure to sell was coming from the court appointed company handling the NAFA situation.

For the NAFA employees that remained to handle these sales, it was a very difficult experience for them. I, for one, am sympathize to what they went through. They are/were mid-level management people that were not responsible for the mess.

Re: NAFA Checks - 01/07/21 02:31 AM

Understand but I would have rather paid to have my fur shipped home as an option.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: NAFA Checks - 01/07/21 03:12 AM

Donna went to deposit our NAFA check today and Wells Fargo gave it back to her saying check was not found in the system? Huh?
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: NAFA Checks - 01/07/21 03:15 AM

hahaha, sorry Mark it's not funny BUT it is, lol

Re: NAFA Checks - 01/07/21 03:22 AM

We're closer all the time J. Our $300 + cats finally sold for $50 average. And the cat $$ is in the form of a check that when we checked is not quite checked in yet I guess????
Posted By: NE Coon

Re: NAFA Checks - 01/07/21 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by Mark June
Donna went to deposit our NAFA check today and Wells Fargo gave it back to her saying check was not found in the system? Huh?

I despise Wells Fargo. Last NAFA check I went to cash they said they couldn’t bc it was from a Canadian bank.

Eric

Re: NAFA Checks - 01/07/21 05:14 AM

I got a call today from the bank and they said the same thing Canadian bank and it might take several weeks, never happened with a NAFA check before or Furharvesters. Wish we could have paid to get our fur shipped back what a mess.

Re: NAFA Checks - 01/07/21 06:24 AM

That is very interesting about the “NAFA” checks. Has any one tried contacting the Canadian company that is handling this ? It would be interesting to see what they have to say.

Also, some one should ask them about the $20.00 fee they are charging.

Re: NAFA Checks - 01/07/21 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by NE Coon

I despise Wells Fargo. Last NAFA check I went to cash they said they couldn’t bc it was from a Canadian bank.

Eric

I agree but they are the only bank in our smaller town (they purchased the small bank) so whatareyagonnado.

grin
Posted By: Castormound

Re: NAFA Checks - 01/07/21 09:06 PM

Standing by with bated breath for my check to arrive!!!!!

Re: NAFA Checks - 01/07/21 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by WyFurHarvesters
I got a call today from the bank and they said the same thing Canadian bank and it might take several weeks, never happened with a NAFA check before or Furharvesters. Wish we could have paid to get our fur shipped back what a mess.

NAFA checks were always wrote on the Royal Bank Of Canada
branch in New York City, and payed in U.S. Funds.

Can't say how it's being handled by the
current bankruptcy company in Canada.

w
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: NAFA Checks - 01/07/21 11:25 PM

Maybe you'll get paid in those ugly coins with the Queens face on them, lol
Posted By: otterdog

Re: NAFA Checks - 01/08/21 12:01 AM

Well I had 12 top dollar possums up there and they sold. I WANT MY MONEEEEEY!!!!
LOLLLLLL
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: NAFA Checks - 01/08/21 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Castormound
Standing by with bated breath for my check to arrive!!!!!

What brand of bait are you using!

Chris grin
Posted By: thskeer

Re: NAFA Checks - 01/12/21 12:14 AM

My credit union refused the Deloitte check! The routing number is non standard. (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman). I tried to contact them, but despite charging me 20 bucks for the check I can’t talk to a live person about it.

One final screwing by them I gues
Posted By: MB Coonguy

Re: NAFA Checks - 01/12/21 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by wissmiss
That is very interesting about the “NAFA” checks. Has any one tried contacting the Canadian company that is handling this ? It would be interesting to see what they have to say.

LOL-Has anyone tried to contact ANY company these day to speak to a human being-good luck.Press this number for this press this number for that only to go back to the menu.It is like humans don't work at companies anymore.Just"the menu options have changed" LMAO
Posted By: randog

Re: NAFA Checks - 01/12/21 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by NE Coon

Eric

Same happened to me yesterday
Posted By: mud

Re: NAFA Checks - 01/12/21 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by wissmiss

I spoke with Deloitte. I have still been unable to change my address with NAFA and a 750$ check was mailed to an old address. Deloitte has told me they need direction from NAFA to reissue a check. Finally got a call back from NAFA and they are saying due to the current state of the company, there is “no other matter of recourse “ at this time. I’ll be getting in touch with Deloitte again shortly.

Re: NAFA Checks - 01/12/21 06:53 PM

What is Deloitte saying about US banks not accepting their checks. That seems to be a problem for multiple people.

Has any one on Tman that received a NAFA check from Deloitte been able to cash it?? Just curious.
Posted By: ETexTrapper

Re: NAFA Checks - 01/12/21 08:38 PM

My credit union told me to try cashing it at Wal-Mart. Haven't had a chance yet.
Posted By: brymoore

Re: NAFA Checks - 01/12/21 08:43 PM

My big check must have been bundled incorrectly with the small checks.

For what it is worth, a lot of inventory left the market. At some point, prices might rise.
Posted By: Castormound

Re: NAFA Checks - 01/12/21 09:28 PM

My credit union too the check, but stated it might be a couple weeks before it clears
Posted By: mtnman85

Re: NAFA Checks - 01/13/21 11:47 PM

My check was about 1/10 of what they were worth for 6 bobcats. Better than nothing I guess but I agree 1000% with WyFurHarvesters, would've rather paid for shipping for them to send pelts back. I emailed several months ago asking about this and they refused. US Bank took my check (had to deposit in person, mobile deposit and ATM deposit rejected it) and said their processing fee will be around 25% of the check amount and will show up on my statement in a couple weeks.
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: NAFA Checks - 01/13/21 11:54 PM

said their processing fee will be around 25% of the check amount and will show up on my statement in a couple weeks.

Wow, tripled reamed! A bunch of pirates all around. I'm glad I catch basically cheap fur items. mtnman85, I'm sorry for your loss shocked

Re: NAFA Checks - 01/14/21 12:18 AM

The violation of the trappers who trusted NAFA
during their final year of existence continues unabated.

Now the bankruptcy court takes their turn at
bending over NAFA's trapper victims for a cut
of the fur sale proceeds.

BOHICA on an epic scale. frown

w
Posted By: Flipper

Re: NAFA Checks - 01/14/21 01:21 AM

I only had 3 fox left with there added fees I’ll have to send them money to get it. Think I’ll send a bad check
Posted By: 3 Fingers

Re: NAFA Checks - 01/14/21 04:02 PM

Attached picture 315031F2-7C67-4CA8-AB75-379A74569922.png
Attached picture AE82940F-D37F-46B1-9768-5F366A104FFC.jpeg
Posted By: 3 Fingers

Re: NAFA Checks - 01/14/21 04:03 PM

Better than nothing I guess
Posted By: Dirt

Re: NAFA Checks - 01/14/21 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by 3 Fingers
Better than nothing I guess

Ouch! frown
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: NAFA Checks - 01/14/21 04:21 PM

cry
Posted By: Michael Morris

Re: NAFA Checks - 01/14/21 04:49 PM

NAFA - took my fur, sold it, sent me a bad check.

FHA - took my fur, gave some away, still has a large chunk of it

GFW - took my fur, gave a fair price, cut me a check and I'll be darned if the check didn't clear.

Sometimes the 3rd time really is a charm grin I seem to always learn lessons the hard way
Posted By: Dirt

Re: NAFA Checks - 01/14/21 05:10 PM

I quit NAFA in 2014. I quit FHA in 2018. Took enough of a beating in 2018. Not interested in a feather lite Groeny check. Looks like I don't have to learn the hard way. smile
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: NAFA Checks - 01/14/21 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt
I quit NAFA in 2014. I quit FHA in 2018. Took enough of a beating in 2018. Not interested in a feather lite Groeny check. Looks like I don't have to learn the hard way. smile

I am still learning the hard way by repeating the definition of insanity.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums