Home

My master plan

Posted By: Bruce T

My master plan - 01/07/21 02:20 PM

Heres the deal.This year or next will be buying a piece of land in either southwest or southeast Kansas.Looks perfect for what I want.Mule deer and big whitetails and located close to other states to hunt and trap in such as Montana,Nebraska, South & North Dakota,Wyoming and Oklahoma. I also want to get into trapping bobcats big time.Its totally different from trapping bobcats up here in the snow of northern Maine.I have JLords dvds.Plan on ordering Mark June's bobcat trapping and John Grahams bobcat trapping.Does anybody have anymore suggestions for bobcat trapping dvds?
Posted By: Posco

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 02:22 PM

No...but if you get lonely out there, remember, I was here for you.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 02:28 PM

Stop by the coffee is always on.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 02:51 PM

Bruce....they talk funny out there.....
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 03:43 PM

Yep Nessy, they talk funny back east! grin Yall set? First time I heard that at a restuarent in NH, I looked around and said, "it's just me"!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 04:31 PM

NICE Plan!

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Stop by the coffee is always on.

Thank you.I will be taking you up on your kind offer.

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck

Lol grin....found the same thing living in Virginia....Good people
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 04:48 PM

Bruce,pm to ya

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by west river rogue
Bruce,pm to ya

Thanks
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Posco

aahhh, but I could be THERE for him!...lol.....I mean, I was almost a U.of Maine Black Bear hockey player.

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 06:03 PM

Once I get set up out there come on out.

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by traprjohn

aahhh, but I could be THERE for him!...lol.....I mean, I was almost a U.of Maine Black Bear hockey player.

No way! What was that record...42-1-2? That was epic. I played but I sucked.

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce T

Once I get set up out there come on out.

I've got witnesses. Thanks!

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 06:13 PM

I was in a gas station on the Kenai Peninsula in Alaska and heard a women behind me talking to someone. I turned and asked her where she was from in Maine. I don't recall her answer but I had her dialed in to within a hundred miles.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 06:14 PM

Big difference between the habitat in SE Kansas and SW Kansas. Just an FYI. Most of the mule deer in the state are in NW Kansas I believe. At least I have never seen them when I have hunted whitetails in SW Kansas. Saw lots in NW. Heck I have deer hunted all over that state for whitetails! Probably more bobcats in SW than SE.

Good luck and when you buy land you'll need someone to help hunt the deer, give me a call. grin
Posted By: Getting There

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 06:17 PM

A few years ago I was in Oklahoma and a guy ask me what part of Minnesota I was from. Today I would almost consider that an insult. LOL.

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 06:50 PM

I worked with a young fella who went out to Kansas with a group of guys from here who make the pilgrimage annually, or used to. He killed 160 class buck, the first deer he ever shot with a bow. I don't think he appreciated how uncommon that is.
Posted By: rick olson

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 06:57 PM

Mike Bailey has a good bobcat dvd out as well as Tom Krause and Steve Woods good luck on your new adventure's.

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 07:01 PM

I was in a gas station on the Kenai Peninsula in Alaska and heard a women behind me talking to someone. I turned and asked her where she was from in Maine. I don't recall her answer but I had her dialed in to within a hundred miles.

It amazed me the number of people I talked to that was from Maine on my trip to Alaska to many summers ago.

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by BernieB.
Big difference between the habitat in SE Kansas and SW Kansas. Just an FYI. Most of the mule deer in the state are in NW Kansas I believe. At least I have never seen them when I have hunted whitetails in SW Kansas. Saw lots in NW. Heck I have deer hunted all over that state for whitetails! Probably more bobcats in SW than SE.

Good luck and when you buy land you'll need someone to help hunt the deer, give me a call. grin

I will keep that in mind.Later maybe I can make it up to Canada sometime bear hunting with you up to Thunder outfitters.

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by rick olson
Mike Bailey has a good bobcat dvd out as well as Tom Krause and Steve Woods good luck on your new adventure's.

Thanks

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 07:05 PM

Does that look to be a decent cat to you guys?
[Linked Image]

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 07:06 PM

I see a piebald moose in that same area.

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 07:07 PM

Does that look to be a decent cat to you guys?
[Linked Image]

Nice looking adult bobcat

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 07:10 PM

Nice looking adult bobcat

It looked pretty stocky to me.

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 07:11 PM

Yep me to.
Posted By: ebsurveyor

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 07:27 PM

Heres the deal.This year or next will be buying a piece of land in either southwest or southeast Kansas.Looks perfect for what I want.Mule deer and big whitetails and located close to other states to hunt and trap in such as Montana,Nebraska, South & North Dakota,Wyoming and Oklahoma. I also want to get into trapping bobcats big time.Its totally different from trapping bobcats up here in the snow of northern Maine.I have JLords dvds.Plan on ordering Mark June's bobcat trapping and John Grahams bobcat trapping.Does anybody have anymore suggestions for bobcat trapping dvds?

Here you go Bruce, this one is only about a $1000 per acre. Which is cheap if there are deer on it.

Available
$2,063,620
Ashland, KS 67831
(Clark County)
Size: 2,064 Acres
Clark Co. KS Ranch
The ranch is located on highway 183 with about 1,425 acres located on the west side of the highway. This rolling ranchland is predominantly sandy shallow prairie soils. The ranch is currently leased and well maintained. The 1949 build home is located on the east side of the highway, and has been well cared for. Snake Creek ls located behind the home and offers a year round source of water. There is a wheat field located south of the home and shelter belt.

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by ebsurveyor

Here you go Bruce, this one is only about a $1000 per acre. Which is cheap if there are deer on it.

Available
$2,063,620
Ashland, KS 67831
(Clark County)
Clark Co. KS Ranch
The ranch is located on highway 183 with about 1,425 acres located on the west side of the highway. This rolling ranchland is predominantly sandy shallow prairie soils. The ranch is currently leased and well maintained. The 1949 build home is located on the east side of the highway, and has been well cared for. Snake Creek ls located behind the home and offers a year round source of water. There is a wheat field located south of the home and shelter belt.

Nice, got $2,063,620 you could loan me grin
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 07:39 PM

Solid cat there for sure.
Posted By: T-REV

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 07:44 PM

Clint locklear’s cat collector dvds are good. I enjoyed them.

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by T-REV
Clint locklear’s cat collector dvds are good. I enjoyed them.

Thanks

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 08:28 PM

I got the cash to loan you, had it anyway...I lost it and a gun in a hardwater canoeing accident today checking beaver traps.

Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 08:34 PM

BobWendt's On the Cat Line. it was filmed in KS.

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
I got the cash to loan you, had it anyway...I lost it and a gun in a hardwater canoeing accident today checking beaver traps.

laugh laugh laugh

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er
BobWendt's On the Cat Line. it was filmed in KS.

Thanks

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 08:42 PM

I'll bring cat traps and bait though.

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 08:47 PM

I'll bring cat traps and bait though.

Nice

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 08:48 PM

Maybe beef jerky..its the bait

whistle

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 08:49 PM

whistle

Lol I still have my father's secret coyote,fox,and bobcat bait. grin

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 08:51 PM

Thats Cool!

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 08:51 PM

Got to make some up this year.
Posted By: ebsurveyor

Re: My master plan - 01/07/21 10:43 PM

Available
$2,063,620
Ashland, KS 67831
(Clark County)
Clark Co. KS Ranch
Nice, got $2,063,620 you could loan me grin[/quote]

I forget the price, but I was out there snooping around 11 months ago. Ranch land was about $1000 per acre unless it had deer/water then the price really jumped. Lots of deer land is leased.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: My master plan - 01/08/21 12:07 AM

Doesnt Kansas have them things called Tornadoes ?

Re: My master plan - 01/08/21 12:08 AM

Is that a muscle caaaah?

Re: My master plan - 01/08/21 12:14 AM

whistle

I can't compete with that. You want this bad.

Re: My master plan - 01/08/21 12:44 AM

Not worried.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums