Home

Thin ice, watch yourself

Posted By: strike2x

Thin ice, watch yourself - 01/08/21 03:08 PM

I was out checking beaver traps yesterday, the 5 I have out, and fell through. I was close to lodge but not that close. There are snow machines and side by sides all over the lake but canals are not very good ice. It didn't help that we got a dump of snow on the thin ice causing a slush layer between ice and snow. If you want a good laugh watch the video.
Posted By: coonlove

Re: Thin ice, watch yourself - 01/08/21 03:38 PM

Good job Strike! Getting wet just makes it official.............

I'm going to be up your way at the gun show next Saturday-never been to Houghton Lake for some reason.
Posted By: k snow

Re: Thin ice, watch yourself - 01/08/21 03:52 PM

Nice video. Haven't gone through myself, yet. Like you, I wonder how the deer can run around on some of the ice that they do.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Thin ice, watch yourself - 01/08/21 05:52 PM

HA HA You're good if you dont go over your head,lol.
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: Thin ice, watch yourself - 01/08/21 06:29 PM

Jeez, Greg, I got a knot in my stomach from the suspence the first second you stepped out on the canal, and it didn't go away until splashdown! How the dickins did you fall through without uttering an oath or two? When I have done that it was usually with lots of blue air all around within earshot........
What is the name of your channel?

Re: Thin ice, watch yourself - 01/09/21 03:04 AM

That is on long point. Tom Sensor owns a lot of that swamp and he lets me use the property if I trap a few beaver out for him. I see deer every time I am out there. Didn't hunt it this year. The coyote seem to have moved off. I was thinking about your property with the beaver den on it. Who is trapping that? There are people on every spot I stop. I like my equipment to much to trap that close to others.

Re: Thin ice, watch yourself - 01/09/21 03:04 AM

That is on long point. Tom Sensor owns a lot of that swamp and he lets me use the property if I trap a few beaver out for him. I see deer every time I am out there. Didn't hunt it this year. The coyote seem to have moved off. I was thinking about your property with the beaver den on it. Who is trapping that? There are people on every spot I stop. I like my equipment to much to trap that close to others.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums