Home

And God created man.

Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

And God created man. - 01/08/21 09:09 PM

I asked these questions before and never got an answer. Perhaps nobody knows how to answer it. It is said that God created man in his own image. Since scientist say Homo habilis was the first humans to walk the earth, does God look like him. We can even go a step farther and look at drawings of the earliest Homo sapiens. Neither handsome or pretty. Did God look like the earlier Homo sapiens? Or did he also evolve over time to look like us? How about a 100,000 years from now when we evolve into looking different. Will he look like us now or look like humans 100,000 years from now? Did Adam and Eve look like Homo habilis or the early Homo sapiens or like us now? I asked a priest these question once and he said he would not answer them since he thought they were stupid questions. He had no idea how to answer it, so he resorted to a dumb answer.

Posted By: loosegoose

Re: And God created man. - 01/08/21 09:56 PM

When the Bible says God made man in his image, it doesn't mean physical appearance. It means in the spiritual image of God.....capable of love, basically. God created us distinctly different from the animals in our ability to love, reason, and to have a relationship with Him.

As far as what adam and eve looked like, who knows. We know that humans have evolved (microevolution, not macro evolution) over time, in small ways at least. 200 years ago even the average human was smaller than the average human today. Humans pick mates based on various attributes....strong muscles and such in men mean the ability to provide and fight danger. Wide hips and large breasts in women mean a body built to carry and care for children. Those traits get passed down genetically,and become more and more prevelant and pronounced over time. For a long time,those basic attributes drove how we chose a mate, or at least what made the opposite sex attractive. Now, at least for what women look for in men,it has changed. Most women don't need a man that can fight off wild beasts anymore, so, my theory is that that's why we have more and more scrawny squirrelly guys, those physical traits aren't being selected for as much anymore.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: And God created man. - 01/08/21 09:58 PM

Hopefully I'll ask God Someday
Posted By: Larry Baer

Re: And God created man. - 01/08/21 11:19 PM

Grandpa Trapper,

I hope this is not bait for a huge religious discussion but here goes. If you do the math - which I believe - in the Bible you come up with a much shorter time line than science says. Based on that I think man looks that same now as Adam and Eve did and I believe we are made in his image which is similar to what we look like now.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: And God created man. - 01/09/21 12:30 AM

Were dinosaurs on Earth before Adam and Eve or after?

Re: And God created man. - 01/09/21 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by Larry Baer
Grandpa Trapper,

I hope this is not bait for a huge religious discussion but here goes. If you do the math - which I believe - in the Bible you come up with a much shorter time line than science says. Based on that I think man looks that same now as Adam and Eve did and I believe we are made in his image which is similar to what we look like now.

Sometimes I wonder if

Each Day of the 6 +1 of creation was not a 24 hour cycle
But the forming of , each mentioned on those days accounts for the definite Layers
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: And God created man. - 01/09/21 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Jurassic Park
Were dinosaurs on Earth before Adam and Eve or after?

Before or after.Don't matter to me.It was one or the other.
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: And God created man. - 01/09/21 12:42 AM

God is Spirit. He doesn't look like anyone. God didn't evolve, he is the same forever.

Re: And God created man. - 01/09/21 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by PAskinner
God is Spirit. He doesn't look like anyone. God didn't evolve, he is the same forever.

Yes
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: And God created man. - 01/09/21 12:45 AM

Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?

I don't know. But it also doesn't matter.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: And God created man. - 01/09/21 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?

I don't know. But it also doesn't matter.

No.They was never attached to a human mother.
Posted By: SE.Current

Re: And God created man. - 01/09/21 12:48 AM

This helped answer a few questions I had. https://youtube.com/watch?v=OghwjQDUiCM&feature=share
Posted By: SE.Current

Re: And God created man. - 01/09/21 12:58 AM

Re: And God created man. - 01/09/21 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by loosegoose
When the Bible says God made man in his image, it doesn't mean physical appearance. It means in the spiritual image of God.....capable of love, basically. God created us distinctly different from the animals in our ability to love, reason, and to have a relationship with him.

I like your answer. I never thought of it in a spiritual sense

Re: And God created man. - 01/09/21 01:28 AM

Yes, great answer^^^
Posted By: amspoker

Re: And God created man. - 01/09/21 01:28 AM

Since scientist say Homo habilis was the first humans to walk the earth, does God look like him. We can even go a step farther and look at drawings of the earliest Homo sapiens. Neither handsome or pretty. Did God look like the earlier Homo sapiens?

You can't precisely guess what something looks like from it's skeleton. The first man didn't look that different from man today. Look at how different we all are today. NBA players would be considered giants.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rex123

Re: And God created man. - 01/09/21 01:31 AM

Nobody has any idea like a lot of things just their opinion.

Re: And God created man. - 01/09/21 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Hopefully I'll ask God Someday

You won’t have to ask him, you will see him in person. lol.

Re: And God created man. - 01/09/21 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by rex123
Nobody has any idea like a lot of things just their opinion.

Very True
Posted By: waggler

Re: And God created man. - 01/09/21 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by SE.Current

The Bible does not "date the earth at 6000 years".
In order to extrapolate that you have to make a lot of assumptions. These book sellers/seminar preachers really aren't credible at all.
BTW, I am a creationist.
Posted By: patrapperbuster

Re: And God created man. - 01/09/21 05:15 AM

If ya believe the Bible it states the beginning is 4004 b.c.
Posted By: waggler

Re: And God created man. - 01/09/21 05:39 AM

^^^^^^
Book, chapter and verse please?

Re: And God created man. - 01/09/21 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by patrapperbuster
If ya believe the Bible it states the beginning is 4004 b.c.

I don’t read the Bible (I know, shame on me), but which Bible are you referring to?
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: And God created man. - 01/09/21 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
Originally Posted by loosegoose
When the Bible says God made man in his image, it doesn't mean physical appearance. It means in the spiritual image of God.....capable of love, basically. God created us distinctly different from the animals in our ability to love, reason, and to have a relationship with him.

I like your answer. I never thought of it in a spiritual sense

God is an eternal entity. We are created with an eternal soul. So we are created in his image in that manner.

Mike
© 2024 Trapperman Forums