Re: Swamp ppl Serpent Invasion - 01/08/21 10:12 PM

Not a fan of snakes lol especially that dang big
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Swamp ppl Serpent Invasion - 01/08/21 10:14 PM

Boy I'd Go do it!!!

I've always wanted to go West to just hunt Rattlers
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Swamp ppl Serpent Invasion - 01/08/21 10:14 PM

Just explained a snake tongs to my wife,last night while we were watching the show.
I have used a snake tongs on the muskrat line,when reaching in a hut.Saved myself many times from a nasty bite.
I also never understood why they just don't shoot the snakes,unless they need them alive for the food market.
Tom
Posted By: blankenship

Re: Swamp ppl Serpent Invasion - 01/08/21 10:16 PM

Ide prolly do it it just take me some liquid courage haha. Now ide go alligator fishing in a heart beat
Posted By: Boco

Re: Swamp ppl Serpent Invasion - 01/08/21 10:20 PM

When I read the title I thought it was another political post.
Posted By: blankenship

Re: Swamp ppl Serpent Invasion - 01/08/21 10:22 PM

Lol that would be a good headline boco
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Swamp ppl Serpent Invasion - 01/08/21 10:34 PM

A 12 ga would work better than hand catching em.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Swamp ppl Serpent Invasion - 01/08/21 10:34 PM

I have caught and sold rattlers. If they are not alive the buyers wont buy them. Something about resale as food. Most of the meat gets canned. sdome are used for venom collection. The rattles and skins are marketed also.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Swamp ppl Serpent Invasion - 01/08/21 10:40 PM

Snake tongs and safety make for poor TV. I used to think the Crocodile Hunter was a complete moron, for getting bit and crapped on so much, then I realized he was intentionally getting bit by reptiles that would make him bleed, but not seriously hut him. Steve Irwin was basically the professional wrestler equivalent for herpetologists.

Keith
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Swamp ppl Serpent Invasion - 01/08/21 10:53 PM

Several years ago one of my brother in laws found a 10' reticulated python crossing the road . Evidently it dosnt take long in the wild for them to revert back to being wild . This one was pretty rank . I have alot of respect for those big constrictors .
Posted By: Larry Baer

Re: Swamp ppl Serpent Invasion - 01/08/21 11:14 PM

I like troy. I met him at a concert a couple years ago. I wonder if he's on here? I watch it just to watch him do him job.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Swamp ppl Serpent Invasion - 01/08/21 11:21 PM

Nice
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Swamp ppl Serpent Invasion - 01/08/21 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Originally Posted by blankenship
I would invest in a snake grabber lol better yet just shootem

Exactly. Why no tongs?

No tongs = drama
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Swamp ppl Serpent Invasion - 01/09/21 12:11 AM

Steve Erwin was worth less than possum poo. Seen a tv show with him in it catching rattlers and going on and on about how round ups need to be stopped. OK for him to catch them but nobody else was supposed to. His daughter is a big animal rights advocate now.

I haven't seen the show this post references but I watched one about 6-8 years ago where they were catching alligators. After about 10 minutes it was so obvious that every thing they did was created drama for tv I quit watching.

Re: Swamp ppl Serpent Invasion - 01/09/21 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
When I read the title I thought it was another political post.

:DHahaha it might be

Re: Swamp ppl Serpent Invasion - 01/09/21 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Steve Erwin was worth less than possum poo. Seen a tv show with him in it catching rattlers and going on and on about how round ups need to be stopped. OK for him to catch them but nobody else was supposed to. His daughter is a big animal rights advocate now.

I haven't seen the show this post references but I watched one about 6-8 years ago where they were catching alligators. After about 10 minutes it was so obvious that every thing they did was created drama for tv I quit watching.

Still somewhat entertaining
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Swamp ppl Serpent Invasion - 01/09/21 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton

Sure don't surprise me at all about his daughter.

Re: Swamp ppl Serpent Invasion - 01/09/21 12:16 AM

I Wish some of us could Snag a Show like that!!!!

Talk about manufactured drama!!!! grin
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Swamp ppl Serpent Invasion - 01/09/21 12:29 AM

T.V. is all about drama. Just watch the news.
Posted By: coop

Re: Swamp ppl Serpent Invasion - 01/09/21 12:41 AM

Thinking maybe they're not killing them because they could "recycle" a half dozen or so into several TV episodes... catch and release, and catch and release, and...

Re: Swamp ppl Serpent Invasion - 01/09/21 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by coop
Thinking maybe they're not killing them because they could "recycle" a half dozen or so into several TV episodes... catch and release, and catch and release, and...

Might be grin
Posted By: PineDoggin

Re: Swamp ppl Serpent Invasion - 01/09/21 12:49 AM

Pretty sure they take them in live to claim their bounty and then killed, that way there not getting paid more then once for the same snake
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Swamp ppl Serpent Invasion - 01/09/21 12:53 AM

I doubt they recycle them,they are paid for each one.Some last night were over $400.00each.About 3 bucks a pound.
Tom

Re: Swamp ppl Serpent Invasion - 01/09/21 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Bogmaster
I doubt they recycle them,they are paid for each one.Some last night were over $400.00each.About 3 bucks a pound.
Tom

I'd So do That!!!
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: Swamp ppl Serpent Invasion - 01/09/21 02:51 AM

Boy I'd Go do it!!!

bei]

About 26 years back I had my Bride over to the Mayo Clinic. Met a fellow taxidermist there in town and he was supposed to take my All Purpose Boy hunting for Timber Rattlers in the rocky knobs off toward the Mississippi. We were scheduled to go the next afternoon and it ended up cancelled on account of some test my Bride was having. I wish I'd re-scheduled with the guy. I regret it to this day. We came home a couple days later, and he moved to Colorado. Dangit.

Re: Swamp ppl Serpent Invasion - 01/09/21 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by J.Morse
Boy I'd Go do it!!!

bei]

About 26 years back I had my Bride over to the Mayo Clinic. Met a fellow taxidermist there in town and he was supposed to take my All Purpose Boy hunting for Timber Rattlers in the rocky knobs off toward the Mississippi. We were scheduled to go the next afternoon and it ended up cancelled on account of some test my Bride was having. I wish I'd re-scheduled with the guy. I regret it to this day. We came home a couple days later, and he moved to Colorado. Dangit.

In Minnesota???
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Swamp ppl Serpent Invasion - 01/09/21 02:56 AM

I would have a shallow forked stick, and a shotgun!

Re: Swamp ppl Serpent Invasion - 01/09/21 02:57 AM

Step around a den on a warn day with a bunch around you buzzing it will make you pucker real quick. LOL
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Swamp ppl Serpent Invasion - 01/09/21 03:34 AM

My son was mowing a lawn at a rental house. Grass was shin-high. Ran over an 8' python....choked down the 18 hp riding mower. Snake had escaped from nearby house.....didnt make it.

Re: Swamp ppl Serpent Invasion - 01/09/21 03:37 AM

The thing about them snakes is they just keep moving around you get home and they freak you out when you pick them up in back of the truck. eek

Re: Swamp ppl Serpent Invasion - 01/09/21 03:38 AM

Fun Stuff
© 2024 Trapperman Forums