Home

Any lantern collectors?

Posted By: 160user

Any lantern collectors? - 01/08/21 11:01 PM

Any lantern collectors know anything about this? It appears to be Japanese and the guys dad brought it back from WWII. It has naval anchors along with the original box, directions and tools. Anyone have any information?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Knappett

Re: Any lantern collectors? - 01/08/21 11:12 PM

no info but that is cool! I love lanterns
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Any lantern collectors? - 01/08/21 11:22 PM

Go to www.colemancollectorsforum.com Someone on there will be able to help you out or steer you in the right direction. It's a great website and they are very willing to help....but they do not give valuations on stuff.

I have around 50-60 lanterns, most of which are very old.

One other thing...don't try to fire it up till you know what type of fuel it's supposed to use! Some are white gas (Coleman fuel", some are kerosene. some are gasoline.

Moosetrot
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Any lantern collectors? - 01/08/21 11:40 PM

Yup I second Moosetrot, I am a lantern/Coleman collector. They can help you at that site. Unlike Moosetrot though I don't know or want to do a inventory of my Coleman collection, vintage fishing gear collection, old bullets..... I collect to much stuff. Lol
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Any lantern collectors? - 01/08/21 11:48 PM

There's something addicting about the good old stuff/treasure for sure. Our house looks like a museum. I have been buying lanterns etc. for years but was collecting decoys, tools, compasses, fish nets, reels, knives, snowshoes, and just about anything that strikes me as being neat for my whole life. One of these days I am going to need to start unloading some of it.

Some call it hoarding...I call it a very well-funded retirement account that I had a heckuva lot of fun building.

Moosetrot
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Any lantern collectors? - 01/08/21 11:52 PM

Yeah I forgot the Imperial folding fishing knife collection. The yellow scales 1 blade 1 fish scaler with hook remover on the end.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Any lantern collectors? - 01/09/21 12:28 AM

I'll give you $27 bucks grin

And a raw fish

Cool find

Re: Any lantern collectors? - 01/09/21 01:25 AM

This is my Dad's lantern and he has had it for years. He remembers buying it from the guy but they are in the process of moving and downsizing so I was tasked with trying to find out all the details on it. Lanterns aren't my thing but the original wooden box, directions and spare parts sure make it a time capsule!

Re: Any lantern collectors? - 01/09/21 01:26 AM

Its Super super Cool!!!
Posted By: BTLowry

Re: Any lantern collectors? - 01/09/21 01:29 AM

No idea but that is a cool piece for a collection
Posted By: SJA

Re: Any lantern collectors? - 01/09/21 01:37 AM

Any lantern collectors know anything about this? It appears to be Japanese and the guys dad brought it back from WWII. It has naval anchors along with the original box, directions and tools. Anyone have any information?

[Linked Image]

Says: Made in China BWAHHA! :-)
Posted By: redsnow

Re: Any lantern collectors? - 01/09/21 01:47 AM

Really don't need a lantern, but I'll up the bid to $30.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Any lantern collectors? - 01/09/21 01:54 AM

That guy from Ohio..that got banned...restored lanterns....

Re: Any lantern collectors? - 01/09/21 01:57 AM

$50
Posted By: thgreenwing

Re: Any lantern collectors? - 01/09/21 03:03 AM

I’ll go fidycents.

Re: Any lantern collectors? - 01/09/21 03:07 AM

Dollhairs$

Re: Any lantern collectors? - 01/09/21 12:23 PM

Thanks everyone!