Home

Trapping illegal next year

Posted By: concrete man

Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 06:13 PM

They will ban all hunting and trapping . they have control and we can't do a thing about it . you say no it can't happen it all ready is they are writing as we speak.
Posted By: DecoyMacoy

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 06:18 PM

Disobey
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 06:26 PM

"It is your public duty to resist!" Member who said that?
Posted By: Centex Trapper

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 06:26 PM

I’m lucky to be in Texas. Not much fur value, but lots of control work. I trap 12 months a year. I hope the new regime doesn’t take trapping away.
Posted By: M.Magis

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 06:30 PM

You must be miserable all the time if you have convinced yourself that half of what you say is true.
Posted By: concrete man

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 06:32 PM

If they can ban the president of the US they are capable of doing this and worse . we now have comuness running the country.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 06:45 PM

Easy boys .... no reason for anyone else in the family to get a vacation. In case u missed it Paul is serious about no politics right now
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
Easy boys .... no reason for anyone else in the family to get a vacation. In case u missed it Paul is serious about no politics right now

As long as it pertains to hunting and trapping, it's okay to post and comment. Keep it on that and it's alright.
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 06:54 PM

We can only fight the fights in front of us. I do wonder on the legality of a federal ban on trapping, has anyone ever looked into that?
Posted By: Squash

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 06:58 PM

If this come true, then the fur I have at FHA will be worth a premium, because it will be some of the last for sale. LMaO
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 07:00 PM

You will be making more doing damage control as you can bet it won’t be cheap from that point on if it comes about. You will get paid nicely for what you did for free before typical Government intervention result. As long as animals roam the earth trappers/hunters will be needed.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 07:17 PM

Very hard times ahead.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 07:23 PM

This country has enough problems without folks spreading rumors and giving folks unnecessary cause for fear.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 07:26 PM

SD will become a sanctuary fur state then. LOL
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 07:32 PM

I'm staying positive. We'll have trapping. The sky isn't falling.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 07:40 PM

It will stay legal in KS, TX, NE, both N and S D, WY, UT for awhile. NM is getting iffy.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 08:10 PM

I don't think all trapping will be banned, but I think most of our common traps will be. The democrats, who now control the House, the Senate and the Presidency and who are planning to take control of the Supreme Court, by changing the number of justices, hate trapping for the most part. H.R. 8828 will likely pass soon, banning all leghold and body gripping traps.

"H. R. 8828

To restrict the use of steel-jaw leghold traps and Conibear traps on animals in the United States.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
December 2, 2020
Ms. Adams (for herself and Mrs. Lowey) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Energy and Commerce, and in addition to the Committees on Ways and Means, and Foreign Affairs, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned

A BILL
To restrict the use of steel-jaw leghold traps and Conibear traps on animals in the United States.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the “Public Safety and Wildlife Protection Act”.

SEC. 2. DECLARATION OF POLICY.

It is the policy of the United States to reduce risks to public safety, as well as unnecessary harm to companion animals and wildlife, from indiscriminate and injurious trapping methods by prohibiting the import or export of, and the shipment in interstate commerce of, steel-jaw leghold traps and Conibear traps.

SEC. 3. PROHIBITED ACTS AND PENALTIES.

(a) Prohibited Acts.—It shall be unlawful for any person—

(1) to import, export, deliver, carry, or transport by any means whatever, in interstate commerce, any steel-jaw leghold trap or Conibear trap; or

(2) to sell, receive, acquire, or purchase any steel-jaw leghold trap or Conibear trap that was delivered, carried, or transported in violation of paragraph (1).

(b) Penalties.—Whoever knowingly violates subsection (a) shall, in addition to any other penalty that may be imposed, be subject to the following:

(1) For the first such violation, a civil fine of not more than $500 imposed by the Secretary for each steel-jaw leghold trap or Conibear trap possessed.

(2) For each subsequent violation, a civil fine of not more than $1,000 imposed by the Secretary for each steel-jaw leghold trap or Conibear trap possessed, or imprisonment for not more than 2 years, or both.

(c) Payment Of Court Costs And Other Associated Expenses.—A person found to be in violation of subsection (a) shall pay all court costs associated therewith.

SEC. 4. REWARDS.

(a) General Rule.—The Secretary shall pay, to any person who furnishes information that leads to a conviction of a violation of any provision of this Act or any rule made under this Act, an amount equal to one-half of the fine paid pursuant to the conviction.

(b) Exception.—Any officer or employee of the United States or of any State or local government who furnishes information or renders service in the performance of his or her official duties is not eligible for payment under this section.

SEC. 5. ENFORCEMENT.

(a) In General.—Except with respect to violations of this Act to which subsection (b) applies, this Act and any rules made under this Act shall be enforced by the Secretary, who may use by agreement, with or without reimbursement, the personnel, services, and facilities of any other Federal agency or any State agency for purposes of enforcing this Act and such rules.

(b) Import And Export Violations.—

(1) IMPORT VIOLATIONS.—The importation of articles in violation of section 3(a) shall be treated as a violation of the customs laws of the United States, and those provisions of law relating to violations of the customs laws of the United States shall apply thereto.

(2) EXPORT VIOLATIONS.—The authorities under the Export Administration Act of 1979 (50 U.S.C. App. 2401 et seq.) (as continued in effect under the International Emergency Economic Powers Act), including penalties, shall be used to enforce the provisions of this Act relating to the export of articles in violation of section 3(a).

(c) Forfeiture.—

(1) GENERAL RULE.—Except with respect to exports to which the provisions of the Export Administration Act of 1979 (50 U.S.C. App. 2401 et seq.) (as continued in effect under the International Emergency Economic Powers Act) apply, and imports to which the customs laws of the United States apply, pursuant to subsection (b), any steel-jaw leghold trap or Conibear trap taken, possessed, sold, purchased, offered for sale or purchase, imported, exported, transported, delivered, received, carried, or shipped in violation of this Act or any rule made under this Act, shall be subject to forfeiture to the United States. Those provisions of law relating to—

(A) the seizure, summary and judicial forfeiture, and condemnation of property for violations of the customs laws of the United States;

(B) the disposition of such property or the proceeds from the sale thereof;

(C) the remission or mitigation of such forfeitures; and

(D) the compromise of claims,

shall apply to seizures and forfeitures incurred, or alleged to have been incurred, under the provisions of this subsection, insofar as applicable and not inconsistent with this Act.

(2) ENFORCEMENT.—Such duties as are imposed upon the customs officer or any other person with respect to the seizure and forfeiture of property under the customs laws of the United States may be performed with respect to seizures and forfeitures of property under this subsection by the Secretary or such officers and employees as may be authorized or designated for that purpose by the Secretary, or, upon the request of the Secretary, by any other agency that has authority to manage and dispose of seized property.

(d) Injunctions.—The Attorney General of the United States may seek to enjoin any person who is alleged to be in violation of this Act or any rule made under this Act.

(e) Cooperation.—The Secretary of Commerce, the Secretary of the Treasury, and the head of any other department or agency with enforcement responsibilities under this Act shall cooperate with the Secretary in ensuring that this Act, and rules made under this Act, are enforced in the most effective and efficient manner.

SEC. 6. DEFINITIONS.

In this Act:

(1) STEEL-JAW LEGHOLD TRAP.—The term “steel-jaw leghold trap”—

(A) means any spring-powered pan or sear-activated device with one or two opposing steel jaws, whether the jaws are smooth, toothed, padded, enclosed (dog-proof), or offset, that is designed to capture an animal by snapping closed upon the animal’s limb, foot, or part thereof; and

(B) does not include any cage or box trap; suitcase-type live beaver trap; or mouse or rat snap trap.

(2) CONIBEAR TRAP.—The term “Conibear trap”—

(A) means any trap consisting of two metal frames hinged at the center point and powered by two torsion springs to create a scissor-like action designed to kill an animal by snapping an animal’s spinal column; and

(B) does not include any cage or box trap; suitcase-type live beaver trap; mouse or rat snap trap.

(3) CUSTOMS LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES.—The term “customs laws of the United States” means any other law or regulation enforced or administered by the United States Customs Service.

(4) IMPORT.—The term “import” means to land on, bring into, or introduce into, any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, whether or not such landing, bringing, or introduction constitutes an entry into the customs territory of the United States.

(5) INTERSTATE COMMERCE.—The term “interstate commerce” has the meaning given such term in section 10 of title 18, United States Code.

(6) SECRETARY.—The term “Secretary” means the Secretary of the Interior.

SEC. 7. RULEMAKING.

The Secretary may make rules to carry out this Act.

SEC. 8. EFFECTIVE DATE.

This Act shall take effect 1 year after the date of the enactment of this Act."

I think sportfishing will be greatly curtailed. I suspect catch and release fishing will be banned like it in Germany and that limits will be greatly reduced.

Keith
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
It will stay legal in KS, TX, NE, both N and S D, WY, UT for awhile. NM is getting iffy.

I feel like MN could get iffy, there is less need for rural support all the time, a ballot initiative could really cause havoc in MN
Posted By: TNorman

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 08:23 PM

For one I'm with T-Rev pass what they want I'm still doin what I I feel is right. As far as the bill goes may just have to start buying some assembly required products as it does not specify parts.
Posted By: MySide 🦝

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty
I'm staying positive. We'll have trapping. The sky isn't falling.

laugh
X2

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 08:32 PM

one more proposed law i will ignore if it passes. I just keep humming this song....

Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 08:39 PM

Not saying it won’t happen in GA, but I guess I’d be an outlaw. That’s if they could get anyone to enforce it. Most GW and biologists I talk to are keen on trapping, especially for management purposes. They want quail, turkeys, and deer...that brings money into the State.
Posted By: SundanceMtnMan

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 08:57 PM

I believe control of fish and game is a states right unless endangered species and some international treaties(migratory birds). If so Feds would have tough time to enforce laws in rural states. Also there are 50 republican senators, 48 democratic senators and 2 left leaning independents. Just one of the left would have to vote with the right to defeat any legislation. I think they have more to worry about then game laws.
Posted By: SJA

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 09:14 PM

States, for the most part, must follow and enforce Federal Wildlife Laws, Regulations, and guidelines. This H.R. 8828 ALSO involves Customs Laws.

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 09:16 PM

Idaho refused to enforce federal wolf laws. They didn't block federal agents just refused to have their agents participate.
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 09:22 PM

When the south secedes there will be plenty of hunting, fishing and trapping like it always has been.

grin

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by SundanceMtnMan
Idaho refused to enforce federal wolf laws. They didn't block federal agents just refused to have their agents participate.

Apparently there is a season for them in Idaho : https://idfg.idaho.gov/sites/default/files/seasons-rules-big-game-2019-2020-wolf.pdf

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 09:28 PM

WY did the same thing with wolves. I don't know what the policy is today but for a long time they were on the predator list. No closed season, no limits , no license. Ranchers and others that practiced the three s's were left alone by state LE. Every year some communist introduces a trap ban in the federal congress. So far it has never even been voted on.
Posted By: USMCArty

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 09:31 PM

Been saying this myself. All the paperwork for a systematic attack on our way of life is sitting ready to introduce. And if you haven't been paying attention, they don't care in the slightest what we think. Watching law abiding citizens be forced into being outlaws. I'm not stopping trapping.

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 09:54 PM

Yes a season now but this was when they were still on the endangered list. Idaho just refused to follow the Feds guidelines when we decided they had recovered. Wyoming stood even stronger they just ignored the Feds.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 10:06 PM

Just like the natural world everything is directly tied together. It's hard to keep things isolated to two things when it's a chain reaction.

Seeming unrelated issues often have a direct impact on the things we care about.

I'm genuinely concerned for the first time in my life. Anything can be banned and made illegal and most things good and wholesome will no longer jus be under attack but be gone after with a scorched earth mentality. On the other hand debauchery and poor behavior will be not only tolerated but looked upon favorably.

I still can't wrap my my head around how selling a fur coat in California is illegal. I'm nor sure it is but seem to be something I picked up on reading here. I may have been wrong I'm my understanding of what I read.

I see crazy gun restrictions, attacks on fur/trapping, energy priced doubling at a minimum, and a lot of business closing or leaving the country just to name a few things.

I believe are in for some trying times for sure.
Posted By: CoonsBane

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 10:10 PM

Hunting is a Constitutional Right in many states.
Posted By: ol' dad

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
I don't think all trapping will be banned, but I think most of our common traps will be. The democrats, who now control the House, the Senate and the Presidency and who are planning to take control of the Supreme Court, by changing the number of justices, hate trapping for the most part. H.R. 8828 will likely pass soon, banning all leghold and body gripping traps.

"H. R. 8828

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
December 2, 2020
Ms. Adams (for herself and Mrs. Lowey) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Energy and Commerce, and in addition to the Committees on Ways and Means, and Foreign Affairs, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned

A BILL

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the “Public Safety and Wildlife Protection Act”.

SEC. 2. DECLARATION OF POLICY.

It is the policy of the United States to reduce risks to public safety, as well as unnecessary harm to companion animals and wildlife, from indiscriminate and injurious trapping methods by prohibiting the import or export of, and the shipment in interstate commerce of, steel-jaw leghold traps and Conibear traps.

SEC. 3. PROHIBITED ACTS AND PENALTIES.

(a) Prohibited Acts.—It shall be unlawful for any person—

(1) to import, export, deliver, carry, or transport by any means whatever, in interstate commerce, any steel-jaw leghold trap or Conibear trap; or

(2) to sell, receive, acquire, or purchase any steel-jaw leghold trap or Conibear trap that was delivered, carried, or transported in violation of paragraph (1).

(b) Penalties.—Whoever knowingly violates subsection (a) shall, in addition to any other penalty that may be imposed, be subject to the following:

(1) For the first such violation, a civil fine of not more than $500 imposed by the Secretary for each steel-jaw leghold trap or Conibear trap possessed.

(2) For each subsequent violation, a civil fine of not more than $1,000 imposed by the Secretary for each steel-jaw leghold trap or Conibear trap possessed, or imprisonment for not more than 2 years, or both.

(c) Payment Of Court Costs And Other Associated Expenses.—A person found to be in violation of subsection (a) shall pay all court costs associated therewith.

SEC. 4. REWARDS.

(a) General Rule.—The Secretary shall pay, to any person who furnishes information that leads to a conviction of a violation of any provision of this Act or any rule made under this Act, an amount equal to one-half of the fine paid pursuant to the conviction.

(b) Exception.—Any officer or employee of the United States or of any State or local government who furnishes information or renders service in the performance of his or her official duties is not eligible for payment under this section.

SEC. 5. ENFORCEMENT.

(a) In General.—Except with respect to violations of this Act to which subsection (b) applies, this Act and any rules made under this Act shall be enforced by the Secretary, who may use by agreement, with or without reimbursement, the personnel, services, and facilities of any other Federal agency or any State agency for purposes of enforcing this Act and such rules.

(b) Import And Export Violations.—

(1) IMPORT VIOLATIONS.—The importation of articles in violation of section 3(a) shall be treated as a violation of the customs laws of the United States, and those provisions of law relating to violations of the customs laws of the United States shall apply thereto.

(2) EXPORT VIOLATIONS.—The authorities under the Export Administration Act of 1979 (50 U.S.C. App. 2401 et seq.) (as continued in effect under the International Emergency Economic Powers Act), including penalties, shall be used to enforce the provisions of this Act relating to the export of articles in violation of section 3(a).

(c) Forfeiture.—

(1) GENERAL RULE.—Except with respect to exports to which the provisions of the Export Administration Act of 1979 (50 U.S.C. App. 2401 et seq.) (as continued in effect under the International Emergency Economic Powers Act) apply, and imports to which the customs laws of the United States apply, pursuant to subsection (b), any steel-jaw leghold trap or Conibear trap taken, possessed, sold, purchased, offered for sale or purchase, imported, exported, transported, delivered, received, carried, or shipped in violation of this Act or any rule made under this Act, shall be subject to forfeiture to the United States. Those provisions of law relating to—

(A) the seizure, summary and judicial forfeiture, and condemnation of property for violations of the customs laws of the United States;

(B) the disposition of such property or the proceeds from the sale thereof;

(C) the remission or mitigation of such forfeitures; and

(D) the compromise of claims,

shall apply to seizures and forfeitures incurred, or alleged to have been incurred, under the provisions of this subsection, insofar as applicable and not inconsistent with this Act.

(2) ENFORCEMENT.—Such duties as are imposed upon the customs officer or any other person with respect to the seizure and forfeiture of property under the customs laws of the United States may be performed with respect to seizures and forfeitures of property under this subsection by the Secretary or such officers and employees as may be authorized or designated for that purpose by the Secretary, or, upon the request of the Secretary, by any other agency that has authority to manage and dispose of seized property.

(d) Injunctions.—The Attorney General of the United States may seek to enjoin any person who is alleged to be in violation of this Act or any rule made under this Act.

(e) Cooperation.—The Secretary of Commerce, the Secretary of the Treasury, and the head of any other department or agency with enforcement responsibilities under this Act shall cooperate with the Secretary in ensuring that this Act, and rules made under this Act, are enforced in the most effective and efficient manner.

SEC. 6. DEFINITIONS.

In this Act:

(1) STEEL-JAW LEGHOLD TRAP.—The term “steel-jaw leghold trap”—

(A) means any spring-powered pan or sear-activated device with one or two opposing steel jaws, whether the jaws are smooth, toothed, padded, enclosed (dog-proof), or offset, that is designed to capture an animal by snapping closed upon the animal’s limb, foot, or part thereof; and

(B) does not include any cage or box trap; suitcase-type live beaver trap; or mouse or rat snap trap.

(2) CONIBEAR TRAP.—The term “Conibear trap”—

(A) means any trap consisting of two metal frames hinged at the center point and powered by two torsion springs to create a scissor-like action designed to kill an animal by snapping an animal’s spinal column; and

(B) does not include any cage or box trap; suitcase-type live beaver trap; mouse or rat snap trap.

(3) CUSTOMS LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES.—The term “customs laws of the United States” means any other law or regulation enforced or administered by the United States Customs Service.

(4) IMPORT.—The term “import” means to land on, bring into, or introduce into, any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, whether or not such landing, bringing, or introduction constitutes an entry into the customs territory of the United States.

(5) INTERSTATE COMMERCE.—The term “interstate commerce” has the meaning given such term in section 10 of title 18, United States Code.

(6) SECRETARY.—The term “Secretary” means the Secretary of the Interior.

SEC. 7. RULEMAKING.

The Secretary may make rules to carry out this Act.

SEC. 8. EFFECTIVE DATE.

This Act shall take effect 1 year after the date of the enactment of this Act."

I think sportfishing will be greatly curtailed. I suspect catch and release fishing will be banned like it in Germany and that limits will be greatly reduced.

Keith

What scares me the most about this bill, if it passes, is section 4 dealing with rewards. The same same language will be used on their gun control bill.

ol'dad

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 10:15 PM

Hunting,fishing and trapping is specified as a right in Idaho's constitution.
Posted By: bodycount

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 10:20 PM

I'm starting to look at my traps as survival tools if our society tanks. Rifles but no ammo and so on. I'm learning how to start fire without matches. Don't hurt to prepare for the worst.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by TNorman
For one I'm with T-Rev pass what they want I'm still doin what I I feel is right. As far as the bill goes may just have to start buying some assembly required products as it does not specify parts.

How would they know if they are new traps or older. Going to have to stamp them like a 94 high cap mag ban mag?

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by CoonsBane

It doesn't matter to the democrats whatsoever. They are against hunting, trapping, fishing and gleaning natural resources. The democrats believe in strong government. We lost. There are consequences to losing and we are going to experience them.

Keith

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 10:29 PM

They'll add "possession of " to the law. . .
Posted By: PSPH17

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by CoonsBane

It doesn't matter to the democrats whatsoever. They are against hunting, trapping, fishing and gleaning natural resources. The democrats believe in strong government. We lost. There are consequences to losing and we are going to experience them.

Keith

Yep you are exactly right. I feel as though the next 4 years are going to be something we can’t imagine. And I also think the democrats will be in power for a very long time now
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 10:55 PM

Only if you think forever is a very long time......
Posted By: DecoyMacoy

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by SJA
States, for the most part, must follow and enforce Federal Wildlife Laws, Regulations, and guidelines. This H.R. 8828 ALSO involves Customs Laws.

States should be telling the Feds to pound sand on most issues (if we still have a republics)

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 11:02 PM

Game warden that lives about 2 blocks down the street from me is a trapper. I havn't asked him but I suspect he wont be enforcing that tripe if it passes.
Posted By: proratman

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 11:02 PM

I think they have bigger issues for now.

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 11:05 PM

Game warden that lives about 2 blocks down the street from me is a trapper. I havn't asked him but I suspect he wont be enforcing that tripe if it passes.

There won't be much of a market for our furs when they are made illegal to own or posess by the democrats in the entire US, like they have already done in several cities.

Keith

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by DecoyMacoy
Originally Posted by SJA

States should be telling the Feds to pound sand on most issues (if we still have a republics)

If one doesn't get ya, the other just may.

PS . . . it also depends on how much they want to keep their job.
Posted By: TNorman

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 11:12 PM

There won't be much of a market for our furs when they are made illegal to own or posess by the democrats in the entire US, like they have already done in several cities.

Keith

Moonshine had a pretty good run under similar circumstances
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 11:21 PM

It still can be destroyed. If trapping is banned by a federal law or directive on all federal lands, what can we do about it. Don't federal laws supersede state laws?

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper

It still can be destroyed. If trapping is banned by a federal law or directive on all federal lands, what can we do about it. Don't federal laws supersede state laws?

States have the authority to be equal to, or more restrictive than Fed Laws in many cases.

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 11:28 PM

our state constitution says trapping is a right. since it was recognized as a right, not a privilege, i dont see how the feds can enforce a trapping ban.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 11:30 PM

Moonshine could be sold anywhere fur not so much

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 11:30 PM

i am more worried about them wanting to put my 10-22 on the list of NFA items.

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 11:32 PM

our state constitution says trapping is a right. since it was recognized as a right, not a privilege, i dont see how the feds can enforce a trapping ban.

Never say never :-(
Posted By: uglyduck

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 11:43 PM

better make the most of this season.go out trap/and hunt,fish i am going to live for the moment!!

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/09/21 11:46 PM

Just keep hunting,trapping,and fishing.
Posted By: James

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/10/21 12:01 AM

Resistance may not be futile, if you hang on to banned traps or guns for four years until another candidate wins who's not against hunting and trapping and can reverse the onerous legislation.

Jim

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/10/21 12:05 AM

I have faith our hunting trapping,and gun rights are still in good hands.
Posted By: James

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/10/21 12:07 AM

Trapping is most at risk because trapping involves goods sold and transported in interstate commerce. If the feds ban the interstate transport or sale of furs, what would happen to trapping?

I also think commercial trapping would have more legal protection than recreational trapping.

The Dems may have bigger fish to fry. Or so I hope.

Jim
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/10/21 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by James
Resistance may not be futile, if you hang on to banned traps or guns for four years until another candidate wins who's not against hunting and trapping and can reverse the onerous legislation.

Jim

Would have been a lot smarter not to vote for them in the first place.
Posted By: cat daddy

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/10/21 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by TNorman

Doing what you think is right will get you a thousand dollar fine in the state of Washington!

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/10/21 12:19 AM

commercial trapping would have more legal protection than recreational trapping

i have been saying that for decades about both hunting and trapping. Urbanites are not going to support killing for entertainment
Posted By: WyFurHarvesters

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/10/21 01:07 AM

Not sure that could pass nation wide the wildlife belongs to the state and the state regulates the harvest unless it is endangered wildlife.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/10/21 01:08 AM

Everything is on the table now.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/10/21 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by trapdog1
Originally Posted by James

Jim

Would have been a lot smarter not to vote for them in the first place.

x2

Re: Trapping illegal next year - 01/10/21 01:21 AM

X3
© 2024 Trapperman Forums