Home

Banana Cream Pie for about $3.00

Posted By: Bogmaster

Banana Cream Pie for about $3.00 - 01/10/21 01:36 AM

In the last few weeks,I have made several chocolate cream pies,with tasty results. Tonight I made something different--a banana cream pie.It is now in the fridge and will be ready for my late night snack.
A post far more fulfilling than that of politics.LOL and leaves everyone with a good taste in their mouths.
Tom
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Banana Cream Pie for about $3.00 - 01/10/21 01:37 AM

graham cracker crust?

Re: Banana Cream Pie for about $3.00 - 01/10/21 01:40 AM

Yes Danny.I like the taste and no work on my part.Cost for the crust is $1.15.
Tom
Posted By: cwtrapper

Re: Banana Cream Pie for about $3.00 - 01/10/21 01:51 AM

Sounds awful good.
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Banana Cream Pie for about $3.00 - 01/10/21 01:51 AM

Like I always say, Tom....I can be up there in a couple hours!

Moosetrot
Posted By: SundanceMtnMan

Re: Banana Cream Pie for about $3.00 - 01/10/21 01:52 AM

I can't be there but I will send you my address.

Re: Banana Cream Pie for about $3.00 - 01/10/21 01:53 AM

Moosey,next time we meet,I will bring a pie.
Tom
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Banana Cream Pie for about $3.00 - 01/10/21 02:13 AM

Sounds good to me, Tom!

Moosetrot
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Banana Cream Pie for about $3.00 - 01/10/21 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
graham cracker crust?

My wife makes graham cracker crust for her homemade cheesecakes. smile

Re: Banana Cream Pie for about $3.00 - 01/10/21 02:18 AM

Going hunting in the morning with my son, two grandsons, a grandsons friend. Going to walk out some hedgerows, plum thickets, stuff like that. Squirrels, rabbits and quail are the quarry. We get home and get our game dressed and soaking in salt water, I am going to turn these into banana bread. Got some pecan pieces to add in too.

That banana creme pie is good stuff but I am not going near a store tomorrow and I dont have a store bought crust, graham crackers or a box of banana pudding.

Do have these though. Getting about ripe enough I think.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bigfoottrapper

Re: Banana Cream Pie for about $3.00 - 01/10/21 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Bogmaster
In the last few weeks,I have made several chocolate cream pies,with tasty results. Tonight I made something different--a banana cream pie.It is now in the fridge and will be ready for my late night snack.
A post far more fulfilling than that of politics.LOL and leaves everyone with a good taste in their mouths.
Tom

what is your recipe?
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Banana Cream Pie for about $3.00 - 01/10/21 02:24 AM

Sounds awesome.

Re: Banana Cream Pie for about $3.00 - 01/10/21 02:38 AM

Bigfoot, I take the storebought pre made graham cracker crust,slice a couple bananas into the crust.Then take a vanilla or banana cream pudding mix --follow the directions on the box.
When the pudding pie filling is ready,pour it into the banana filled pie crust.I the refrigerate it till it sets solid,then spread the top of the pie with whipped topping---cut.eat and enjoy.
If you are interested in the chocolate cream pie--just eliminate the bananas and use a chocolate pudding.
A side note,the instant puddings are fine to use(they are much better than they were,years ago).and they sure save on the arms.When using the cook and eat puddings,they wequire 5 minutes of constant stirring,at least they take less stirring than making tapioca.
Tom

Re: Banana Cream Pie for about $3.00 - 01/10/21 02:42 AM

That banana creme pie is good with nabisco vanilla wafers put on top while its still wet too. they soak up some of the liquid. get a little softer while the pie sets up a little stiffer.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Banana Cream Pie for about $3.00 - 01/10/21 03:03 AM

No thread on cream pies is complete without this -

They just don't make movies like this anymore grin
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Banana Cream Pie for about $3.00 - 01/10/21 03:53 AM

My favorite kind of my but I like about any types.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Banana Cream Pie for about $3.00 - 01/10/21 04:57 AM

Great, now I'm hungry

Re: Banana Cream Pie for about $3.00 - 01/10/21 05:42 AM

Wife just tried the pie and said it was very good.Said she couldn't have done any better.
Tom
Posted By: bigfoottrapper

Re: Banana Cream Pie for about $3.00 - 01/13/21 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Bogmaster
Bigfoot, I take the storebought pre made graham cracker crust,slice a couple bananas into the crust.Then take a vanilla or banana cream pudding mix --follow the directions on the box.
When the pudding pie filling is ready,pour it into the banana filled pie crust.I the refrigerate it till it sets solid,then spread the top of the pie with whipped topping---cut.eat and enjoy.
If you are interested in the chocolate cream pie--just eliminate the bananas and use a chocolate pudding.
A side note,the instant puddings are fine to use(they are much better than they were,years ago).and they sure save on the arms.When using the cook and eat puddings,they wequire 5 minutes of constant stirring,at least they take less stirring than making tapioca.
Tom

thanks , I will have to try!

Re: Banana Cream Pie for about $3.00 - 01/13/21 07:02 PM

It was good.I am stocking up on pie crusts and whipped topping today.We have high winds and a lot of snow coming our way.Gonna make sure our sweet tooth is taken care of.
Tom
Posted By: TreedaBlackdog

Re: Banana Cream Pie for about $3.00 - 01/13/21 07:33 PM

Danny -

Green container on your shelf is lard isn't it? We have rendered out own the last few years but I thought it comes in that kind of container. I really prefer lard crusts for my pies and biscuits but for cream pies do like graham cracker - I just prefer chocolate but my favorite was a fresh peaches and cream whipped pie I had as a kid.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Banana Cream Pie for about $3.00 - 01/14/21 01:15 AM

Glad this got posted. I haven't had banana creme pie in ages. I was at the store this afternoon and they had an end cap of banana pudding on sale. picked up a few boxes and pie crust including a chocolate gram crust.

My poor girls have never had a pudding pie.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Banana Cream Pie for about $3.00 - 01/14/21 01:17 AM

Great Now I want pie

Re: Banana Cream Pie for about $3.00 - 01/14/21 01:19 AM

Lol....alot of pie in the face there.
Posted By: minklessinpa

Re: Banana Cream Pie for about $3.00 - 01/14/21 01:52 AM

wife wanted to go out for burgers tuesday, local restraunt has 6.00 burgers. they had bananna cheese cake ! never had it before so i tried it, real good!

Re: Banana Cream Pie for about $3.00 - 01/14/21 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by minklessinpa
wife wanted to go out for burgers tuesday, local restraunt has 6.00 burgers. they had bananna cheese cake ! never had it before so i tried it, real good!

For $6 the cheesecake should have been included in the price grin
© 2024 Trapperman Forums