Home

Surveillance systems?

Posted By: adam m

Surveillance systems? - 01/11/21 02:23 AM

Thinking about getting a surveillance system for the house.
Any input and advice is good. I don't want to pay monthly services like simpli safe
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Surveillance systems? - 01/11/21 02:24 AM

German sheaperd
Posted By: k snow

Re: Surveillance systems? - 01/11/21 02:26 AM

Guinea fowl and a pack of curs. Or anatolian shepherds.
Posted By: SJA

Re: Surveillance systems? - 01/11/21 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by adam m
Any input and advice is good. I don't want to pay monthly services like simpli safe

No monthly service fees? . . . ya got a trail cams?
crazy
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Surveillance systems? - 01/11/21 02:29 AM

Guineas grin
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Surveillance systems? - 01/11/21 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by SJA
Originally Posted by adam m

No monthly service fees? . . . ya got a trail cams?
crazy

This
Posted By: SJA

Re: Surveillance systems? - 01/11/21 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce T
Guineas grin

Guineas are great "watchdogs" if ya can stand all the racket they make when ANYTHING comes around and scratching up your vehicle, . . . oh, and Hawks, Eagles, & Owls love 'em! laugh
Posted By: DWC

Re: Surveillance systems? - 01/11/21 02:43 AM

We have 5 blink cameras but now they may be charging monthly-we dont pay but i heard they changed. My only complaint is the buzzing when the motion censor goes off attracts wasps and squirrels. One i put in a tree was chewed up by a squirrel.

Re: Surveillance systems? - 01/11/21 03:37 AM

Dogs are great but I want to see who's coming to the door or inside.

Thanks DWC. I was considering them. I was looking at Ring and knockoff versions too.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Surveillance systems? - 01/11/21 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by DWC
We have 5 blink cameras but now they may be charging monthly-we dont pay but i heard they changed. My only complaint is the buzzing when the motion censor goes off attracts wasps and squirrels. One i put in a tree was chewed up by a squirrel.

Hahaha, hire a trapper! Just kidding grin
Posted By: YoteChaser1968

Re: Surveillance systems? - 01/11/21 03:50 AM

I don't have any experience with this but the price seems right.

Harbor Freight Surveillance System
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Surveillance systems? - 01/11/21 04:27 AM

They say the best security system is a nosy old neighbor lady....
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Surveillance systems? - 01/11/21 05:43 AM

Mother in law they don’t miss much. wink
Posted By: DWC

Re: Surveillance systems? - 01/11/21 05:57 AM

Other than the one crazy squirrel and wasps set off motion sensor all the time theyve been very good. Wireless, good battery life. Amazon will run sales on them somewhat regularly if you pay attention.

Re: Surveillance systems? - 01/11/21 06:18 PM

20Scout, that is the truth LOL.
Nope don't want MIL here laugh
That is good to know DWC. I will keep an eye out
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Surveillance systems? - 01/11/21 07:08 PM

I have a monitored surveillance system on my house. If there's a break in a siren goes off and the local authorities are notified. I think it's worth the $24 a month I pay.
A regular surveillance system not monitored, would have photos of the burglar, but they'd still get inside and burglarize your home. You might have their picture, but doesn't mean they'll ever get caught.
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Surveillance systems? - 01/11/21 08:54 PM

If you have cameras, make sure they are very good quality. Grainy video will not stand up in court so you would be wise to invest in a higher quality system.
Posted By: Rhino1

Re: Surveillance systems? - 01/11/21 09:06 PM

I have cheap 4G trail cams that take a sim card and when I set them up at home they instantly text me a pic no matter where I am in the country (as long as I have service of course). I use these on my hog traps
Posted By: 1lessdog

Re: Surveillance systems? - 01/11/21 09:18 PM

I have a Ringdoor bell, It catches everything. Dog walks in the yard I have it on video. Any thing that drives by less than 30 mph I have it on video. It was on sale at amazon for 149.00. I really like it. When the neighbors dog is in the driveway I can yell at it threw the doorbell. It will look around for a few sec and then bugs out. Plus all videos are stored threw Ring. I pay 3.99 a yr.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Surveillance systems? - 01/11/21 10:17 PM

Just remember any wireless cameras and storage can be hacked. I thought about putting in a system I can access with my phone 24 7 to keep an eye on things when I'm away at work. But do I want others to be able to get axcess and do the same. That's a hard no.
Posted By: That Fool

Re: Surveillance systems? - 01/11/21 10:20 PM

can try look up the night owl security cameras, one of the guys had one here and it worked pretty good. May want to get one of the hd set ups if you want to be able to make out faces on your camera
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Surveillance systems? - 01/11/21 10:22 PM

I have a big German Shepherd. No need for cameras.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Surveillance systems? - 01/11/21 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty
I have a big German Shepherd. No need for cameras.

Yep mine works for food and loves beaver and deer.
Posted By: Rockfarmer

Re: Surveillance systems? - 01/11/21 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by k snow
Guinea fowl and a pack of curs. Or anatolian shepherds.

We have an anatolian. Great dog. 11 months old. Guards my wife, cat and chickens with his life. Started guarding everyone the 2nd day we had him - got him when he was 8 weeks old. They will cost you a lot in food though. lol
Posted By: virgil1972

Re: Surveillance systems? - 01/11/21 10:37 PM

I have a lorex camera system. I have 4 cameras that go to a 1 tb DVR. Cameras can do 4k but that's takes a lot of DVR space. They also detect motion. I have it set up to save video 4 seconds before detecting motion. They motion activation works real good catches all the cars.
Posted By: virgil1972

Re: Surveillance systems? - 01/11/21 10:39 PM

https://www.lorextechnology.com/4k-...-camera-with-night-vision/C841CA-4PK-1-p
These are the ones I got
© 2024 Trapperman Forums