Home

Any Recommendations

Posted By: grisseldog

Any Recommendations - 01/12/21 06:54 PM

For a vaccum sealer machine, we are having trouble when there is moisture in the bags
Bags are not sealing good,
Also , is there any vacuum sealers like the vacmaster brands that whole slabs of ribs
Can be sealed in.
I know I touched on the slab of rib sealing the other day, but we need a new vac sealer, trying to get both.
Thanks Guys
Posted By: SJA

Re: Any Recommendations - 01/12/21 07:08 PM

Amazon sells commercial vac sealers $$$
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Any Recommendations - 01/12/21 07:10 PM

There was one listed that everybody said was the best. But, it was also quite expensive. I don't recall the name.
I have 5 Food Savers which are OK, except they get hot and don't work unless you leave them sit for a while. I need 5 because sometimes I'm bagging 40-50 pounds of sausage. One Food Saver would only last about 10 minutes. With 5 I can alternate while some are resting and cooling off.
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Any Recommendations - 01/12/21 07:16 PM

vacmaster vp215

if you search you'll find it.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Any Recommendations - 01/12/21 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Bear Tracker
vacmaster vp215

That's the one I was thinking of. Great machine, but very expensive. Around $1,000 if I'm not mistaken.

Re: Any Recommendations - 01/13/21 04:06 AM

Thanks guys
The one my son has is a food saver and it stops after a couple bags , tired of waiting on it, can’t get anything accomplished.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Any Recommendations - 01/13/21 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
Originally Posted by Bear Tracker
vacmaster vp215

That's the one I was thinking of. Great machine, but very expensive. Around $1,000 if I'm not mistaken.

Wow...not for me
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Any Recommendations - 01/13/21 03:38 PM

Set a roll of paper towels on the table. Leave plenty of room in the bag. After you put the meat in wipe out the inside of the bag. Fold up a paper towel so it fits inside the bag. lay it between the spot where you want to seal and the meat. Moisture will be absorbed by the towel and wont prevent a seal.

The best way is to put whatever your freezing in the freezer. When its frozen take it out, vacuum and seal. This works real good too. Especially with fish. Wipe the inside of the bag so its dry where it will seal at. and put the bag in the freezer upright.
Posted By: fishnhunts

Re: Any Recommendations - 01/13/21 03:39 PM

Throw your meat in the freezer for an hour or 2 before sealing to chrystalize the moisture. I have also folded a paper towel and ran it along the width of the opening to absorb moisture as it heads toward the opening during sealing.
Posted By: fishnhunts

Re: Any Recommendations - 01/13/21 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Set a roll of paper towels on the table. Leave plenty of room in the bag. After you put the meat in wipe out the inside of the bag. Fold up a paper towel so it fits inside the bag. lay it between the spot where you want to seal and the meat. Moisture will be absorbed by the towel and wont prevent a seal.

The best way is to put whatever your freezing in the freezer. When its frozen take it out, vacuum and seal. This works real good too. Especially with fish. Wipe the inside of the bag so its dry where it will seal at. and put the bag in the freezer upright.

Lol Danny, you beat me to it all.

Re: Any Recommendations - 01/14/21 04:55 AM

Thanks guys

Re: Any Recommendations - 01/14/21 04:57 AM

I like the vacmaster vp215
Thanks
© 2024 Trapperman Forums