Home

Visa card stimulation

Posted By: cat daddy

Visa card stimulation - 01/12/21 09:23 PM

Last night the wife was going through the mail and come across a visa card with $1,200 preloaded on it. Almost threw it away thinking it was just another credit card offer. After some research, I figured it was legit. Took it to the bank this morning and they transferred the money off the card right into our checking account. Wonder how many were tossed thinking them to be solicitations. The gal at the bank said she knew if at least one person who threw their’s in the trash.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Visa card stimulation - 01/12/21 09:27 PM

We got the same thing yesterday, wife got it so I got stimulated.
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Visa card stimulation - 01/12/21 10:26 PM

Was there anything on the outside of the envelope? Asking because we have not gotten ours yet.

Moosetrot
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Visa card stimulation - 01/12/21 10:36 PM

Was it your stimulus check???
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Visa card stimulation - 01/13/21 02:38 AM

That's odd that it wasn't mentioned the stimulus may be coming on a card credit. Probly a lot of them threw in the trash.
Posted By: Michael Lippold

Re: Visa card stimulation - 01/13/21 03:33 AM

I think that happened a lot with the first round of stimulus money

Re: Visa card stimulation - 01/13/21 03:40 AM

What is really bothering me is that our tax refund and the first stimulus were direct deposited...no problem...into the account we have had for decades. Now for whatever reason the second stimulus can't be deposited in the same manner? Since I have been checking the IRS site I get the same message, that is is scheduled to be mailed on January 6 to the address in my account, which has not changed since 1981. It goes on to say they are also sending me a letter about the situation.

Anybody have any ideas on this?

Moosetrot
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: Visa card stimulation - 01/13/21 03:46 AM

There's been plenty of mention of a number of people doing this with the first round of stimulus. A fair number just threw them away and then said they'd never received it. I've seen a few articles regarding it. We always have our taxes direct deposited so ours has just shown up every time in the bank.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Visa card stimulation - 01/13/21 04:00 AM

I think my wife said ours was direct deposit already. At least it showed pending a week ago. Honestly I couldn't tell you if it hit for sure yet.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Visa card stimulation - 01/13/21 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by cat daddy
Last night the wife was going through the mail and come across a visa card with $1,200 preloaded on it. Almost threw it away thinking it was just another credit card offer. After some research, I figured it was legit. Took it to the bank this morning and they transferred the money off the card right into our checking account. Wonder how many were tossed thinking them to be solicitations. The gal at the bank said she knew if at least one person who threw their’s in the trash.

Do you have direct deposit?
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Visa card stimulation - 01/13/21 04:15 AM

If you e-filed your taxes it’s direct deposit.
If you mailed in your taxes it’s a check...or maybe a card. Ours was a check and got it last Friday.

Re: Visa card stimulation - 01/13/21 04:17 AM

We e-filed and have done it that way for years. No direct deposit, no check, no card, nada.

Moosetrot
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: Visa card stimulation - 01/13/21 04:21 AM

A few links to info-

https://www.kiplinger.com/taxes/602...-debit-card-are-coming-its-not-junk-mail

https://www.eipcard.com/

https://www.aarp.org/money/taxes/info-2020/stimulus-payment-debit-cards.html
Posted By: AJE

Re: Visa card stimulation - 01/13/21 04:36 AM

I got the card in the mail the other day and was shocked. I sure wasn't expecting it that way. I did a little asking around the other day & learned it was legite. I wonder why the Feds did it that way...maybe to discourage people from stashing it in their savings.
Posted By: cat daddy

Re: Visa card stimulation - 01/13/21 06:07 AM

When the accountant filed my taxes last year, I told him I wanted the refund check mailed to me. The first stimulus was mailed in the form of a check, thats why I thought it strange to recieve the second one on a visa card. Maybe the third stimulus will be gold krugerands!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums