Home

Any country buyers taking fur

Posted By: Brushmode

Any country buyers taking fur - 01/12/21 10:15 PM

Didn’t even get traps ready this time as the 2 local guys said they were taking a year off from buying anything. Anyone still got the same country buyers ?
Posted By: TurkeyWrangler

Re: Any country buyers taking fur - 01/12/21 10:32 PM

I saw an ad for one in AR. Actually advertised 50 cent coons and that was for a big one! I would close shop first.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Any country buyers taking fur - 01/12/21 10:57 PM

Groenewold Fur Co.

Search their website. They make a southern US run.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Any country buyers taking fur - 01/13/21 12:38 AM

My guy is buying carcasses beaver. For what it brings I will skin and eat it. Then pay to have it taned. But it's not an income source for me. Never will be unless I get into nuisance trapping.
Posted By: RonH

Re: Any country buyers taking fur - 01/14/21 11:50 PM

We are still buying Prices ain’t great but we do the best we can
Posted By: tjm

Re: Any country buyers taking fur - 01/15/21 12:14 AM

None left living in this area, one by one they've passed.
Posted By: nyrat

Re: Any country buyers taking fur - 01/15/21 12:48 AM

still buying

Re: Any country buyers taking fur - 01/15/21 12:49 AM

[Linked Image]
You're likely looking for a carcass or green skin buyer, but if you put your pelts up...here are the GFWC TN stops. The March date should give you time to process the pelts.
Posted By: story

Re: Any country buyers taking fur - 01/15/21 01:06 AM

Hello Horse Creek Fur. Was wondering what part of Illinois you are located in. I'm about as far south as you can get and still be in Illinois.
Posted By: NWS,LLC

Re: Any country buyers taking fur - 01/15/21 01:13 AM

I bought fur the past 8-9 seasons. Sitting this one out. Only trapping for hire.
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: Any country buyers taking fur - 01/15/21 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
[Linked Image]
You're likely looking for a carcass or green skin buyer, but if you put your pelts up...here are the GFWC TN stops. The March date should give you time to process the pelts.

Groney buys a lot of green hides, especially coon and beaver. You don’t get much of a premium to sell put up fur selling to GFW.

Re: Any country buyers taking fur - 01/15/21 01:33 AM

But they only buy green and carcass in certain states and at their Illinois facility......TN route is fro green beaver and otter...all else dried.
Posted By: story

Re: Any country buyers taking fur - 01/15/21 01:43 AM

Thanks Horse Creek Fur. I have a local buyer. Just wondering where to where. Used to sell to Zanders close to Sparta but he closed down. Thanks for the shout back
© 2024 Trapperman Forums