Home

Air rifle scope ?

Posted By: yoteguts

Air rifle scope ? - 01/13/21 04:15 AM

Have a Benjamin trail air rifle and need a decent scope for it. It came with a Walmart special and I don’t care for it. Any recommendations?
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: Air rifle scope ? - 01/13/21 09:38 AM

Last time I checked most of the UTG scopes are springer rated. And you HAVE TO have a scope rated for a springer . The double recoil springers and NP air rifles will destroy alot if scopes if their not rated for them. But if you want good glass and a good name Hawke is very well loved in the air rifle community.
Posted By: yoteguts

Re: Air rifle scope ? - 01/13/21 01:42 PM

Thanks wolfdog. I’ll give them a look.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Air rifle scope ? - 01/13/21 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Last time I checked most of the UTG scopes are springer rated. And you HAVE TO have a scope rated for a springer . The double recoil springers and NP air rifles will destroy alot if scopes if their not rated for them. But if you want good glass and a good name Hawke is very well loved in the air rifle community.

Yes
Posted By: HayDay

Re: Air rifle scope ? - 01/13/21 02:31 PM

I have two Beeman springers and both have Hawke Airmax optics. I had less trouble with the scopes than I did with the base staying put. On the bigger one, eventually had to resort to a heavy one piece base that clamps down the entire length of the base, PLUS an insert that mates to a hole in the receiver to prevent any fore and aft movement. Without some way to create a positive register, bases that just clamp to the grooves are only held in place by friction. The jolt from a powerful spring slamming forward will cause them to start walking off.

But once I got that solved, and found the right pellet, can cover 10 shots with a quarter at 50 yards.

Hawke makes more than just air rifle scopes. Surprised more folks don't use them for their smoke poles too.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums