Home

New to the forum

Posted By: SpellNC9

New to the forum - 01/13/21 04:25 PM

Hey guys.
I was referred here by a gentleman at NC hunting forum since I do some trapping. Really got into it a lot this year and already have 3 beavers and a fox. My 13 year old son and I have been trying hard to trap a coyote but they are some smart buggers!!
Anyway we live the northwest part of Forsyth county NC Pfafftown.
I’m 45 married with 4 kids and we do all things outdoors all together as a family and we love it!

Looking forward to learning a lot here!
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: New to the forum - 01/13/21 04:31 PM

Welcome!
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: New to the forum - 01/13/21 04:32 PM

Welcome aboard.
Posted By: NebrCatMan

Re: New to the forum - 01/13/21 04:32 PM

Welcome to T Man. Enjoy the time spent with those who are pretty much just like you.......
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: New to the forum - 01/13/21 04:40 PM

Welcome
sit down with a notebook and go in our Archives and let the note taking begin! Sure helped me.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: New to the forum - 01/13/21 05:31 PM

Welcome to the trapping information over load place. Land trapping archives has enough on trapping coyotes you can read until your eyes bleed. The first is the hardest. Once it clicks you will wonder why it took so long LOL Then when you think you got it figured out they will toss the change up and a slice of humble pie is the menu.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: New to the forum - 01/13/21 05:42 PM

Welcome
Posted By: MySide 🦝

Re: New to the forum - 01/13/21 05:52 PM

Welcome to Trapperman!!
Watch out for Leftlane! grin
Posted By: adam m

Re: New to the forum - 01/13/21 06:47 PM

Welcome. Pull up a chair and your favorite drink
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: New to the forum - 01/13/21 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by MySide 🦝
Welcome to Trapperman!!
Watch out for Leftlane! grin

Really any texan!!!
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: New to the forum - 01/13/21 11:21 PM

Welcome SpellNC9 and don't pay no never mind to children in Canada or any of the bird brains in PA
grin
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: New to the forum - 01/13/21 11:22 PM

Welcome to Tman!
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: New to the forum - 01/14/21 04:36 AM

Welcome to Trapperman
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: New to the forum - 01/14/21 04:51 AM

Welcome enjoy your stay~
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: New to the forum - 01/14/21 04:56 AM

Welcome from Kansas
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: New to the forum - 01/14/21 05:06 AM

Nothing better than having the kids jumping on a beaver dam...finding otter toilets...fresh chews...mink track in the mud...Welcome to the Club
Posted By: yukon254

Re: New to the forum - 01/14/21 05:17 AM

Welcome from the far north. Sounds like you are off to a good start raising those kids!
Posted By: jctunnelrat

Re: New to the forum - 01/14/21 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
Welcome SpellNC9 and don't pay no never mind to children in Canada or any of the bird brains in PA
grin

LOL ^^^ LOL LOL LOL... Lefty called it. Welcome aboard!
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: New to the forum - 01/14/21 05:54 AM

Welcome SpellNC9 don't be afraid to ask questions after you go through the archives we all are still learning that's the part that's never ending.
Allan
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: New to the forum - 01/14/21 10:39 AM

welcome , ask away smile

Re: New to the forum - 01/14/21 12:43 PM

you called me a "gentleman"..........hmmmmmmmm, well it is how I got my awesome bobcat and beaver chopping wife.

That 11" beaver tail is a dandy!

Re: New to the forum - 01/15/21 12:22 AM

A beaver choppin wife?
Man I knew I shoulda snagged one of those NC girls when I was workin over there!
grin

Re: New to the forum - 01/15/21 01:44 AM

A beaver choppin wife?
Man I knew I shoulda snagged one of those NC girls when I was workin over there!
grin

Yep, she helps chunk up critters for our bait biz. Helps mix/bottle our lures in her kitchen.
Took me on an Alaskan cruise too!
I am blessed.

Re: New to the forum - 01/15/21 01:53 AM

I made a buddy while I was working over there- the claim he had on his house had been mishandled by the first adjuster there. Long story short- he had sent me pics of his 8 and 10 year old boys harvesting nice (ish) bucks and treeing both coon and bobcats so I knew he and I would click.

Anyway- he told me his wife could clean fish, venison, or wild pork and had even helped the boys skin out some fur and flesh it. Before I even met them I assumed she would be a good ol girl with about half her teeth and ugly as a mud hen. When I got there, she was a solid 9 and lady like.

Them NC girls will surprise you.
Posted By: Boco

Re: New to the forum - 01/15/21 05:01 AM

"Lady Like"-whats that-like Caitlin Jenner? LOL.

Re: New to the forum - 01/15/21 05:06 AM

Boco must be caught up in the fur shed and is now here to make inappropriate comments

(there goes the neighborhood)
whistle
Posted By: jctunnelrat

Re: New to the forum - 01/15/21 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
"Lady Like"-whats that-like Caitlin Jenner? LOL.

Boco it's good to hear from you. With all the BS going on down here. Please send your PM down here to clean things up. (lol, just bustin' balls; that means making a joke)
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: New to the forum - 01/15/21 07:18 AM

Welcome SpellNC9!

If you haven't figured it out yet... We're all crazy here.

Mike
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: New to the forum - 01/15/21 12:10 PM

Welcome!

Good thing you translated your "busting" comment for Boco jctunnelrat or he might still be scratching his head.
Posted By: MySide 🦝

Re: New to the forum - 01/17/21 02:13 PM

grin

Sorry, I had to.... grin
Posted By: bhugo

Re: New to the forum - 01/17/21 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by SpellNC9
Hey guys.
I was referred here by a gentleman at NC hunting forum since I do some trapping. Really got into it a lot this year and already have 3 beavers and a fox. My 13 year old son and I have been trying hard to trap a coyote but they are some smart buggers!!
Anyway we live the northwest part of Forsyth county NC Pfafftown.
I’m 45 married with 4 kids and we do all things outdoors all together as a family and we love it!

Looking forward to learning a lot here!

Lots of spectacular info here. Welcome.
Posted By: old243

Re: New to the forum - 01/17/21 03:05 PM

Welcome to trapperman, from Ontario Can . I agree we can send our PM down. To figure things out. If you want , you can keep him.. Lots of good info here, just don't take us too seriously. old243
Posted By: w side rd 151

Re: New to the forum - 01/20/21 11:33 AM

I hav e been trapping for about 55 years And whhat I don,t know about it is a lot more than what I do know This site is the best place I know to learn about it next to actually trapping
© 2024 Trapperman Forums