Home

no bail required in illinois....

Posted By: foxkidd44

no bail required in illinois.... - 01/13/21 06:10 PM

hopefully this post doesn't violate the no politics rule..def not trying to spite paul in any way, shape or form.....just posting out of sheer disgust

early this morning in Illinois,,,lawmakers voted to do away with bail in Illinois in both the house and senate.......and is now awaiting signature from the govonor
Posted By: nramemb

Re: no bail required in illinois.... - 01/13/21 06:26 PM

The other things on that bill are something that i think should do away with some of the rights violations that are going on
Posted By: KeithC

Re: no bail required in illinois.... - 01/13/21 06:36 PM

The idea behind the bill is that since people accused of crimes are legally considered innocent until proven guilty, they should not have to await trial in jail just because they can't afford bond, since jail time is punishment. It sounds reasonable when you look at it that way, totally ignoring how a criminal is likely to act when let free. It's a very bad idea.

Keith
Posted By: deerdragger

Re: no bail required in illinois.... - 01/13/21 06:38 PM

The US is really the only developed nation that still uses a money bail system. And if you are concerned about rights, think about it from this perspective: 2 people are arrested for the same offense. They have the same amount of prior convictions (or lack thereof). One has money, the other doesn't. One person gets his freedom pending trial, the other doesn't. Is that equal rights?

In multiple jurisdictions where they have done away with money bail in the US, they have not seen an increase in crime or a decrease in having people return for court.

I'm not suggesting that every person who is charged with a crime be allowed to walk the streets. Some people aught to be held in custody. Yet I have changed my thoughts about whether or not the thing keeping them in custody is their ability to come up with the cash to post bail.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: no bail required in illinois.... - 01/14/21 12:53 AM

Could be an advantage in these times we are in.
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: no bail required in illinois.... - 01/14/21 12:58 AM

Yep
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: no bail required in illinois.... - 01/14/21 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by KeithC
The idea behind the bill is that since people accused of crimes are legally considered innocent until proven guilty, they should not have to await trial in jail just because they can't afford bond, since jail time is punishment. It sounds reasonable when you look at it that way, totally ignoring how a criminal is likely to act when let free. It's a very bad idea.

Keith

Yes it is!

Re: no bail required in illinois.... - 01/14/21 01:15 AM

If those Law faker-makers had a Wife or Daughter raped or a family member killed

They would wish they had Never entertained that idea
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: no bail required in illinois.... - 01/14/21 02:05 AM

"Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted." - 8th Amendment US Constitution.

Excessive bail is wrong. If it's reasonable to believe that someone is so dangerous that they should remain in custody until trial, there is no requirement to offer bail. They can be held until trial and that's fine with me.

But the common practice of holding a person on bail they can't afford is wrong because it favors the rich. Those who can't raise the money stay in jail while those who are equally guilty get to go home. There have been several cases where multiple people were charged with committing a crime together. The kid with the rich parents went home. The others sat in jail for years.

So, I'm fine with getting rid of bail. Hold them if they're a danger and let them go home to wait for trial if they aren't.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: no bail required in illinois.... - 01/14/21 02:35 AM

Gonna be a lot of bench warrants issued for failure to appear.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: no bail required in illinois.... - 01/14/21 02:43 AM

Money talk and we know what walks. LOL
Posted By: newtoga

Re: no bail required in illinois.... - 01/14/21 03:22 AM

Lot of bail bondsmen out of bussiness
Posted By: Finster

Re: no bail required in illinois.... - 01/14/21 03:25 AM

Anarchy coming to a city near you soon. Lock and load, when they are done raping the city, they will filter out into the country. Fill the backhoes so the trenches can be dug quickly.

Re: no bail required in illinois.... - 01/14/21 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by newtoga
Lot of bail bondsmen out of bussiness

Sure will be
Posted By: foxkidd44

Re: no bail required in illinois.... - 01/14/21 11:49 PM

this bill is more dangerous than I thought....lots more things im finding out...........its pretty much a defund the police bill........one of the provisions of the bill says police cannot chase a suspect.........so if someone is beating the crap out of someone,,,and the individual takes off running when the cops show up........they cannot chase him.
Posted By: tjm

Re: no bail required in illinois.... - 01/15/21 12:10 AM

Are the police still allowed to beat a person?

Re: no bail required in illinois.... - 01/15/21 12:11 AM

“Jed, move away from there.”

Re: no bail required in illinois.... - 01/15/21 12:15 AM

Defunding the police will be quickly reversed when those in power realize they are creating an environment that forces people to become RESPONSIBLE for themselves and everything about their existence. You know, the people that will quickly learn they have the power to do something with their life instead of settling for what can be given to them.
Posted By: Osky

Re: no bail required in illinois.... - 01/15/21 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by deerdragger
The US is really the only developed nation that still uses a money bail system. And if you are concerned about rights, think about it from this perspective: 2 people are arrested for the same offense. They have the same amount of prior convictions (or lack thereof). One has money, the other doesn't. One person gets his freedom pending trial, the other doesn't. Is that equal rights?

In multiple jurisdictions where they have done away with money bail in the US, they have not seen an increase in crime or a decrease in having people return for court.

I'm not suggesting that every person who is charged with a crime be allowed to walk the streets. Some people aught to be held in custody. Yet I have changed my thoughts about whether or not the thing keeping them in custody is their ability to come up with the cash to post bail.

The person “without” money can retain a bondsman. If that person appears and is found innocent let the state pay the bondsmans vig. Maybe then the state will be more careful about the charges they bring and against who.

Osky
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: no bail required in illinois.... - 01/15/21 12:38 AM

Thanks for nothing Illinois, now 1000 more liberals will move from there to Austin and then vote for the same crap that ruined their own state.

Yall think I exaggerate but I don't need to
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: no bail required in illinois.... - 01/15/21 12:43 AM

That bill scares the xxxx out of me. A lot more to it than just the bail thing. 116 pages long.
Posted By: SJA

Re: no bail required in illinois.... - 01/15/21 12:55 AM

Leviticus 19:15: "Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour."

In other words, there is no such things as "social justice", only justice.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums