Home

.223 brass worth anything?

Posted By: Gary Benson

.223 brass worth anything? - 01/14/21 07:45 PM

[Linked Image]
I have about 400 of these I picked up at the range. I don't own a .223.
Posted By: k snow

Re: .223 brass worth anything? - 01/14/21 07:45 PM

Probably worth its weight in gold right now.
Posted By: M.Magis

Re: .223 brass worth anything? - 01/14/21 07:50 PM

Brass is worth brass price at the scrap yard. There's no shortage of brass, only the lead that goes in them.
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: .223 brass worth anything? - 01/14/21 08:27 PM

Hey Gary, I will pay shipping if you send them to me. I could use a little more .223 brass. Maybe, even throw in $10..
Posted By: Larry Baer

Re: .223 brass worth anything? - 01/14/21 09:18 PM

I've been getting $30 for 500 of then here.
Posted By: Marty B

Re: .223 brass worth anything? - 01/14/21 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
[Linked Image]
I have about 400 of these I picked up at the range. I don't own a .223.

You could trade em for .45 stuff i bet.

Re: .223 brass worth anything? - 01/14/21 09:59 PM

As a matter of fact, I would trade for some large pistol primers.
Posted By: keets

Re: .223 brass worth anything? - 01/14/21 11:21 PM

about 5 cents
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: .223 brass worth anything? - 01/14/21 11:28 PM

in a normal year , exactly what the scrap yard will give you for it.

this year you might double your money
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: .223 brass worth anything? - 01/14/21 11:51 PM

.10 ea min on the reloading forums.
Posted By: Trappercass

Re: .223 brass worth anything? - 01/14/21 11:55 PM

Looks to be a fair amount of once fired brass not cleaned or deprimed on gunbroker with bids around .10/ea
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: .223 brass worth anything? - 01/15/21 12:53 AM

I put stuff like that in a clear zip lock bag and write for sale on both sides b4 I walk thru a gun show. Ya never know who might be lookin for some or what they think is a good deal.

About anything has value right now. I ask my buddy who owns his own gun shop and manufactures his own guns if he had any .38 special laying around. Later that day he text me a link. 50 rounds of FMJ only 99 bucks + shipping. If yall thought 2020 was weird ya better tighten yer cinch down.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: .223 brass worth anything? - 01/15/21 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Trappercass
Looks to be a fair amount of once fired brass not cleaned or deprimed on gunbroker with bids around .10/ea

I have two 5gal buckets (cleaned & deprimed) of them with my reloading stuff. I shoot a fair amount of .223.

Lol....I didn't know I'm now wealthy laugh

Re: .223 brass worth anything? - 01/15/21 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
I put stuff like that in a clear zip lock bag and write for sale on both sides b4 I walk thru a gun show. Ya never know who might be lookin for some or what they think is a good deal.

About anything has value right now. I ask my buddy who owns his own gun shop and manufactures his own guns if he had any .38 special laying around. Later that day he text me a link. 50 rounds of FMJ only 99 bucks + shipping. If yall thought 2020 was weird ya better tighten yer cinch down.

I'm afraid you're right Lefty.
Posted By: John C

Re: .223 brass worth anything? - 01/15/21 02:24 AM

It’s worthless without primers and powder. I’ve got a decent stock of both at the moment but that’s apparently not the case for everyone
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: .223 brass worth anything? - 01/15/21 02:28 AM

The way things are going you may soon be able to pick up as much 5.56 and .223 as you can carry... But you'll probably have to wipe the blood off of it.

Mike
Posted By: keystone

Re: .223 brass worth anything? - 01/15/21 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by Mike in A-town

The way things are going you may soon be able to pick up as much 5.56 and .223 as you can carry... But you'll probably have to wipe the blood off of it.

Mike

Brass is Brass!!

Re: .223 brass worth anything? - 01/15/21 03:14 AM

Ima hope and pray you are wrong Mike but me and mine will be getting stuff up to snuff you know that

Re: .223 brass worth anything? - 01/15/21 03:15 AM

Primers is my problem. Dang Chinese.
How hard would it be to crank up a primer factory? I'll work for the new $15 minimum wage. Christ Almighty.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: .223 brass worth anything? - 01/15/21 03:54 AM

How hard would it be to crank up a primer factory? I'll work for the new $15 minimum wage. Christ Almighty.

CZ had a S&B Primer factory , then in about .001 seconds they didn't

https://www.outdoorhub.com/news/201...on-sellier-bellot-factory-leaves-3-dead/

the last explosion at that plant killed 8 in 1967

which I guess makes it safer than the Didion mill in Cambria WI https://www.csb.gov/didion-milling-company-explosion-and-fire-/

where my cousins son inlaw was one of the 5 dead leaving his wife and unborn child behind.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: .223 brass worth anything? - 01/15/21 03:55 AM

Last I bought I paied $125 per 1000 for processed once fired military brass. But yhas been a while back.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: .223 brass worth anything? - 01/15/21 03:58 AM

Ima hope and pray you are wrong Mike but me and mine will be getting stuff up to snuff you know that

Yes sir. Same here.

And I hope and pray I've never been more wrong in my life.

Mike

Re: .223 brass worth anything? - 01/15/21 04:01 AM

Same here.

I hope my country never has to see what I would be willing to do in order to protect and preserve her. That is gonna be my next prayer
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: .223 brass worth anything? - 01/15/21 04:12 AM

Not all brass is created equal, it it's just range brass and someone offers 5 cents a piece take it. If it's all once fired lake city or IMI maybe ten cents.

There isn't anyone today with a lick of sense going to trade primers for run of the mill brass.
Posted By: scalloper

Re: .223 brass worth anything? - 01/15/21 04:25 AM

Are you really that hard up for primers?
Posted By: scalloper

Re: .223 brass worth anything? - 01/15/21 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er
Not all brass is created equal, it it's just range brass and someone offers 5 cents a piece take it. If it's all once fired lake city or IMI maybe ten cents.

There isn't anyone today with a lick of sense going to trade primers for run of the mill brass.

Unless you are flush with primers wink
© 2024 Trapperman Forums