Home

Thanks FedEx.

Posted By: ~ADC~

Thanks FedEx. - 01/15/21 05:52 AM

frown This empty tube is what they delivered today after only 17 days, it used to contain my son's 6' solid steel weight bar we had ordered. We told the supplier (who did the pisspoor packaging, 2 layers of packing tape over the end, mad ) They refunded the money but the bars are now out of stock so it looks like it'll be another wait from different supplier.

[Linked Image]

How do you let a solid steel bar 6' long fall out of the tube and not notice it and stick it back in there???
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/15/21 05:57 AM

You have to wonder what FedEx employees are thinking with a 6 foot soild weight bar laying around in one of their warehouses or trucks...? I mean how many do they lose of these a day? You would think they could put 2+2 together and figure out who's package got fk'ed up...? It certainly didn't drop off of the ruck somewhere in Iowa and is laying in a ditch!!!
Posted By: KYtrapper2005

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/15/21 06:13 AM

One of them crack heads probably stole it to buy some crack.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/15/21 06:22 AM

FedEx might make good on it USPO would say it was perishable.
Posted By: rszwieg

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/15/21 06:31 AM

Read somewhere that Fed Ex drivers get a $120 per day flat. That includes 10-12 hour days. They probably don't give a rip.
Posted By: KenaiKid

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/15/21 08:50 AM

Similar story of poor packaging.. I ordered a knock-off chainsaw from Amazon. They pack the bar (detached of course) in such a way that it slides back and forth until it punches a hole in the box and slides out. So the chainsaw showed up with no bar. Contacted the company, they can't send just a bar, it's only sold as a whole kit, so I return the whole box and wait for another one. 2nd saw shows up with an identical hole in the box. I thought, you gotta be kidding me. But the bar was just barely still in there!
That reminds me, I need to go write an Amazon review for their packaging!
Posted By: SGT. C

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/15/21 09:38 AM

Same thing happened when i ordered a set of lawnmower blades. Hole in box and no blades. I got screwed on that deal. I now ordered and have them delivered through a business and it's on them if things get screwed up. Sarge
Posted By: Eagleye

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/15/21 11:29 AM

ADC- It's probably floating around with my extruded aluminum channel, I received a tube with a hole in the end. The Fed-Ex driver said- I'll mark that it could be damaged... I said Damaged?... "Heck it's Gone!"
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/15/21 11:55 AM

The world is now ordering everything online and the logistics are not in place to handle the surge. It's a dice roll now on all USPS, and delivery service orders.
The new normal as we call it here.
Posted By: 3togo

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/15/21 12:05 PM

I've bought accessory hardware from this place before.
Might want to check them out.
https://www.power-systems.com/shop
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/15/21 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mark June
The world is now ordering everything online and the logistics are not in place to handle the surge. It's a dice roll now on all USPS, and delivery service orders.
The new normal as we call it here.

I think Mark is right about the logistics. And I'm only speculating here because I don't know any delivery drivers, but I'm guessing these guys are over-worked and under-payed, which can lead to a don't give a crap attitude.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/15/21 12:14 PM

The goons that load those trucks are a lower life form. Back when I started tech school, I got a job at some massive UPS facility outside chicago loading trucks. I think for most of the people there, it was the only job they could get. People there constantly steal and break boxes open just for fun. If a box of candy came down, it was guaranteed to get ripped into. One guy told me he had a gig putting brand new ipods in his shoe and walking out with them to sell.

Packages that came in tubes were regularly swung like baseball bats, causing the contents to come flying out the end of the tube and get scattered all over the truck. Typically they were things like blueprints and posters and such. The crackheads I worked with thought it was hilarious, and the supervisor did too. I only worked there like 3 months before I quit, it was terrible.

Your bar is probably rolling around on the floor of some semi trailer half way across the country.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/15/21 12:50 PM

holy cow loosegoose!

Unreal
Posted By: 70sdiver

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/15/21 01:04 PM

My niece is a fedex driver they make good money and have good benefits.
Posted By: Finster

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/15/21 01:07 PM

Oddly, My FedEx driver is looking mighty buff these days. grin

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/15/21 01:08 PM

Fed Ex and UPS. Are merging companies

Its Going to be called Fed Up. whistle
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/15/21 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Fed Ex and UPS. Are merging companies

Its Going to be called Fed Up. whistle

grin

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/15/21 01:13 PM

Stuff like that is so frustrating.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/15/21 01:22 PM

Ordered stuff Jan 1st. Fedex gave me Guaranteed del. Jan 13th still not here and when u go to track it it goes to another order page!!! Like I'm gonna order another one b4 that one comes???

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/15/21 05:02 PM

Nothing I can do about it now. Sadly I got a good price on the bar and now a replacement will cost twice as much.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/15/21 05:09 PM

It is not Fedex. UPS left a package out by my garage for a day and a half. Not going out much so I did not see it. Did not help because it rained all night. I it was up by the door I would have seen it when feeding the birds. Money does not mean you get good workers.

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/15/21 05:14 PM

Delivery is getting worse
Posted By: waggler

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/15/21 05:19 PM

You have to remember what the quality of help is now a days in a lot of the country.
In some places it's next to impossible to even get a live body for $15 an hour, let alone a live body that contains a brain of any sort.
" if you pay your employees peanuts, you get monkeys for employees"
Posted By: BBarnes

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/15/21 05:20 PM

Probably laying in the belly of a plane somewhere. Airline worker thinks it’s part of the plane and trying to figure out what broke.

B

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/15/21 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by BBarnes
Probably laying in the belly of a plane somewhere. Airline worker thinks it’s part of the plane and trying to figure out what broke.

B

Probably gonna be an FAA inquest
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/15/21 06:36 PM

I purchased this 32" tall, walnut statue online to give my youngest brother for Christmas. The idiot packing it, wrapped only the top part of the statue, with thin bubble wrap, put 2 pieces of paper in 1 box and stuck another box on top, without even taping them together and sent it on it's way. It got smashed by FedEx, though you can't really blame them, because it was packaged so poorly. I immediately contacted the seller and sent them pictures. Over a week later, they asked for more pictures, which I immediately sent. 2 weeks, 4 emails and 4 phone calls later, I still hadn't got a second response from the seller. I then filed a complaint with PayPal and the seller refunded my money the next day.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I don't think I will ever order anything online without using my PayPal account or debit card.

Keith
Posted By: waggler

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/15/21 09:29 PM

^^^^^
I think you mean credit card, not "debit card". A debit card pays with your own money, a credit card pays with someone else's. I know that VISA at least will go to bat for you when there is a dispute, not so sure about debit cards.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/15/21 10:10 PM

I guess we all should now acknowlege that MTP and F&T have the best packagers in their warehouses or we would never get any of our stuff!
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/15/21 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by loosegoose
The goons that load those trucks are a lower life form. Back when I started tech school, I got a job at some massive UPS facility outside chicago loading trucks. I think for most of the people there, it was the only job they could get. People there constantly steal and break boxes open just for fun. If a box of candy came down, it was guaranteed to get ripped into. One guy told me he had a gig putting brand new ipods in his shoe and walking out with them to sell.

Packages that came in tubes were regularly swung like baseball bats, causing the contents to come flying out the end of the tube and get scattered all over the truck. Typically they were things like blueprints and posters and such. The crackheads I worked with thought it was hilarious, and the supervisor did too. I only worked there like 3 months before I quit, it was terrible.

Your bar is probably rolling around on the floor of some semi trailer half way across the country.

Back in better times about 30 yrs ago I picked up a trailer for UPS in Boston. They didn't get it on the train that was headed to Chicago in time and wanted it there before the train headed to Mexico. The UPS place would probably cover 80 acres. I had to wait several hours for a load to go back to Boston. There was tracks and rollers maybe 10 deep and 3 stories high and one thing I thought was unusual was the rest rooms were on a about 10 pipes for pillars up about 25 ft in the air. And rest rooms was all that was up there. And it was right in the middle of the huge building so I got to see the whole thing from up above. Packages was flying around on those tracks faster than I could hardly see them. While I was waiting all of a sudden cops were at every entrance. I thought something big was going down, but the girl that was finding me a load said , oh, that happens a least a couple times a day, we got a bunch of crazy's working here. That was 30 yrs ago and I doubt things got any better with age.
Posted By: charles

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/15/21 10:48 PM

I think I would give UPS a pass on the steel bar. That was surely a packing problem. The bar will show up in a month.

My wife once ordered a carpet. The DHS driver drug it down the driveway from the truck to our back door. He shredded the finished edge on the trailing end. Wife filed a claim. We left the first carpet where we were instructed, in a sheltered location. The driver delivered them replacement but did not take the old one back. Too much trouble and what count they do with a damaged carpet?

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/15/21 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by charles
I think I would give UPS a pass on the steel bar. That was surely a packing problem. The bar will show up in a month.

FedEx. I don't see how they would know where to deliver it now with the label on the empty tube I got,,,, and why shouldn't they be take a little responsibility? An 18lb. solid steel bar 6' long would take 12' of space to slide out of the tube, clearly someone had to notice that, but clearly didn't give a crap.

I've seen workers same as loosegoose described in more than just shipping jobs.
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/16/21 01:24 AM

That sucks, but if nothing else head to the steel shop and find a lathe you’ll have a bar whipped out in no time.

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/16/21 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by Bob_Iowa
That sucks, but if nothing else head to the steel shop and find a lathe you’ll have a bar whipped out in no time.

I'm seriously considering that, in fact that was my original plan but this bar I ordered was such a good deal I thought I couldn't pass it up. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/16/21 02:51 AM

I ordered a Post knife thru the usps and I got an empty tube and some postal worker got a great knife.

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/16/21 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by waggler
^^^^^
I think you mean credit card, not "debit card". A debit card pays with your own money, a credit card pays with someone else's. I know that VISA at least will go to bat for you when there is a dispute, not so sure about debit cards.

I have a PayPal debit card and PayPal protects purchases I make with it. They also ggive me money back when I use it to pay for anything. I use it to pay my insurance, internet and electric too.

Keith
Posted By: tlguy

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/16/21 03:09 AM

Can you use it to buy guns and ammo online? I know paypal is anti-2A and some sites don't allow the use of PayPal for gun and ammo purchases.

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/16/21 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by tlguy
Can you use it to buy guns and ammo online? I know paypal is anti-2A and some sites don't allow the use of PayPal for gun and ammo purchases.

I don't know. Right now there is virtually no guns or ammo to buy online. biden pledged to abolish all online gun and ammo sales, so it may be a moot point.

Keith

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/28/21 08:00 PM

Well the replacement arrived and UPS this time, was able to get it here in the box, barely....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/28/21 09:02 PM

ordered a crossbow was shipped thru fed ex till it got to a regional center in Mi. where they wouldn't accept it cause of damage(must have been pretty bad) supposedly getting sent back to the seller
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 01/28/21 10:15 PM

Fed ex were the first to split the atom. Still works today. Put an atom in a box and ship it with fedex. they'll break it.

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 02/16/21 05:09 PM

Well FedEx gets a chance to redeem themselves. The bar I originally wanted was back in stock finally so I reordered it. It shipped today, and they sent it FedEx again, so we'll see how it goes this round. laugh

Re: Thanks FedEx. - 02/16/21 06:54 PM

Good luck
© 2024 Trapperman Forums