Home

Killing the wrong mouse

Posted By: Drifter

Killing the wrong mouse - 01/15/21 12:07 PM

Been killing my wireless mouse seems about monthly. Either the back button quits or the scroll wheel starts to go wacko. Don't seem to make much difference if get a $5 E bay or the more expensive one. What mouse do you have the best luck with? Keyboard usually lasts me until start wearing the lettering off. I am still a hunt and peck but have graduated to 2 fingers.
Posted By: EdP

Re: Killing the wrong mouse - 01/15/21 12:20 PM

I've got a HP wireless that has lasted for years.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Killing the wrong mouse - 01/15/21 01:02 PM

I've had decent luck with logitech. I've had Razer gaming mice for years.
Posted By: Eagleye

Re: Killing the wrong mouse - 01/15/21 01:16 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Killing the wrong mouse - 01/15/21 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Eagleye
[Linked Image]

laugh
Posted By: Andrew Eastwood

Re: Killing the wrong mouse - 01/15/21 01:28 PM

[Linked Image]

That right there is funny. laugh

Drifter I can't find anything for a name on this antique I have. It is an all flowered up thing that my mother passed down when she got a new one about 15 years ago. My wife has retired it and gotten me new ones multiple times cause it is covered with my nasty hand grease, but the new ones last about a month and I get this one back out of the desk. I keep scraping the grease off of it with my pocket knife and it keeps working. It is getting to the point the battery fails in half the time it used to and the on off button is worn to the point I have to slide it over with my knife, but it is still working. I really dread the day it quits working as new ones just don't hold up, I feel your pain.
Posted By: Big Possum

Re: Killing the wrong mouse - 01/15/21 01:53 PM

Come on Drifter. Just get a new computer with touch screen. One finger works great on them and if you get a keyboard and mouse dies you are still in business. If an old goat like me can do it you can too.
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: Killing the wrong mouse - 01/15/21 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Big Possum
Come on Drifter. Just get a new computer with touch screen. One finger works great on them and if you get a keyboard and mouse dies you are still in business. If an old goat like me can do it you can too.

Glad to see you on here Big Possum.
Posted By: Maddog47

Re: Killing the wrong mouse - 01/15/21 01:58 PM

I have had a LOGITECH for 3 years now and it is bullet proof. Never as much as 1 bad issue with it.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Killing the wrong mouse - 01/15/21 02:52 PM

X5 on Logitech
Posted By: SJA

Re: Killing the wrong mouse - 01/15/21 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
X5 on Logitech

X6 K520 Wireless Keyboard & Mouse Combo
Posted By: Marty

Re: Killing the wrong mouse - 01/15/21 03:09 PM

[Linked Image]

Nice!

Re: Killing the wrong mouse - 01/20/21 03:08 AM

Dang it Drifter, you got me to telling ya how long my mouse had worked for me and it went on strike. I should have known better than say anything, the clicker done quit clickin. mad
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Killing the wrong mouse - 01/20/21 03:13 AM

I also have a Logitech. Mine's about 4 years old and the only thing I have had to do to it is change the batteries about once a year.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Killing the wrong mouse - 01/20/21 03:13 AM

Logitech. It's almost as old as me....almost

Re: Killing the wrong mouse - 01/20/21 03:16 AM

Glad to hear you two have had good luck with the logitech, that is what my wife just handed me to replace the old one. Hope I have the same good fortune with longevity.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Killing the wrong mouse - 01/20/21 03:33 AM

Do they still have the little balls in the bottom of them? If so, you need to keep your balls clean. If the scrolling isn't working right, often you can take out the balls wash and dry them and put them back. It sounds painful but its not. smile

Re: Killing the wrong mouse - 01/20/21 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
Do they still have the little balls in the bottom of them? If so, you need to keep your balls clean. If the scrolling isn't working right, often you can take out the balls wash and dry them and put them back. It sounds painful but its not. smile

When you try taking the balls out of the mouse did it try to bite ya, or did ya stick it's head down and old boot? laugh

Re: Killing the wrong mouse - 01/20/21 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by Andrew Eastwood

When you try taking the balls out of the mouse did it try to bite ya, or did ya stick it's head down and old boot? laugh

They don't seem to mind if you're gentle.

Re: Killing the wrong mouse - 01/20/21 03:50 AM

grin
Posted By: Actor

Re: Killing the wrong mouse - 01/20/21 03:52 AM

I have a Logitech wireless... had about 6 years and change battery once a year.

Garry-

Re: Killing the wrong mouse - 01/20/21 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins
I also have a Logitech. Mine's about 4 years old and the only thing I have had to do to it is change the batteries about once a year.

Originally Posted by Actor

Garry-

Hard to believe you don't wash your balls.

Re: Killing the wrong mouse - 01/20/21 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins

Originally Posted by Actor

Garry-

Hard to believe you don't wash your balls.

Never mind I googled them, turns out you don't even have balls. Crazy what they can do with mice these days. laugh
Posted By: jctunnelrat

Re: Killing the wrong mouse - 01/20/21 04:11 AM

LMAO! ^^^

Re: Killing the wrong mouse - 01/20/21 05:44 AM

Turned the mouse every which way and seems lost it's balls and done healed over. I am an equal opportunity mouse killer. Blackweb was my latest victim. Logitech usually last me about a month or sometimes 2. Got my a spare on the way as try to keep one in reserve now.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Killing the wrong mouse - 01/20/21 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝
I've had decent luck with logitech. I've had Razer gaming mice for years.

Another vote for logitech- they are cheap, sold everywhere, and last me forever
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Killing the wrong mouse - 01/20/21 12:23 PM

Just noticed this thread. Maybe the issues I am having are coming from my mouse. Sometimes I have to click multiple times to get a response and when I hit the back button it often goes back more than one reply. I looked at my mouse and the only thing I see is Microsoft, made in China, lol. Where does one get a logitech?

Re: Killing the wrong mouse - 01/20/21 12:36 PM

Expensive isn't always better

Re: Killing the wrong mouse - 01/20/21 01:31 PM

Nittany Wally World, best buy or even Ebay will have em. If running wireless a low battery will cause you grief as well though.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Killing the wrong mouse - 01/20/21 01:33 PM

If you get a logitech and it acts up do NOT throw it away. Shut down your PC and restart and it will usually work right. IDK why but after trashing one that was actually still good I figured this out.

Same with their keyboards
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Killing the wrong mouse - 01/20/21 01:38 PM

Pete, have you tried looking through some issues with mice on linux? I wonder if it's a software issue as things can get quirky on linux.
Posted By: Michigander

Re: Killing the wrong mouse - 01/20/21 01:38 PM

Why not go to wired? I've never had any mouse problems and I have put many years on them with millions of clicks.
Posted By: Actor

Re: Killing the wrong mouse - 01/20/21 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Michigander
Why not go to wired? I've never had any mouse problems and I have put many years on them with millions of clicks.

For the small inconvenience I have with mine, I don't need or want another wire. My computer area now looks like someone dumpped pan of black spagehtti. Once in a while mine doesn't act right and I take the baatery out shine up both terminal on my jeans, put it back... if it still don't work I put in a new battery and Whalla...It works.

Thanks for the chuckle ADC...

Garry-
Posted By: SJA

Re: Killing the wrong mouse - 01/20/21 03:03 PM

Try going into your computer DEVICE settings > Mouse > adjust you speed, cursor, wheel, Left / Right buttons. Hope this will help.

Re: Killing the wrong mouse - 01/20/21 05:28 PM

Will check that out Sniper. Funny how they will work flawlessly for awhile before starting the issues. Can scoll ahead then it will bounce back on it's own. Sometimes half a page at a time.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums