Home

Talked to Robert

Posted By: The Beav

Talked to Robert - 01/15/21 06:12 PM

Talked to Robert today. Said he had 5 days where he caught 30 coyotes on each day. Said he's up around 600 head and skinned about 400.
He's In more row crop country now and he's seeing less broke coyotes.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Talked to Robert - 01/15/21 06:18 PM

I've talked to him too, said the tumble weeds are six ft tall this year and blames them for the coyotes breaking so early this year. Pretty abrasive on fur.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Talked to Robert - 01/15/21 06:21 PM

600 yotes, Wow

Re: Talked to Robert - 01/15/21 06:21 PM

Yep the fur Is a bit on the weak side to begin with at this time of the year. So any coyote interaction with lots of brush Is going to cost you.

Re: Talked to Robert - 01/15/21 11:17 PM

I talked to him again today and he said that If the coyote market stays strong he's going to make an attempt to catch 1,500 during the fur season.
A $70.00 average would be great but he still thinks He could make money at $45.00. It's all about volume.
Of coarse we all know this goal would be dependent on the weather.
He says He's In his prime and will be 56 next month.

Posted by his Press secretary. LOL
Posted By: MB Coonguy

Re: Talked to Robert - 01/15/21 11:42 PM

thats incredible....period
Posted By: trapperman222

Re: Talked to Robert - 01/16/21 12:55 AM

Ya he said he will add snares to his arsenal . Last year he did 927 in with footholds only. This year was a late start so he chose to skip the blog.
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: Talked to Robert - 01/16/21 01:03 AM

My hands hurt just thinking about laying all that steel.
Posted By: trapperman222

Re: Talked to Robert - 01/16/21 01:07 AM

And then skinnin EVERY thing ,every night, by youself..
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Talked to Robert - 01/16/21 01:55 AM

He text me the afternoon he caught 36, and said get your gloves and knife and come help! I said, that's why I play trap, I'm only good for five or six. I caught eight one day this year, and it took a week for my hands to quit hurting constantly! I told him, your a glutton for punishment! lol
Posted By: Carolina Foxer

Re: Talked to Robert - 01/23/21 09:44 PM

Any updates how he's making out? Or has he wrapped it up yet?
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Talked to Robert - 01/23/21 09:56 PM

I missed his call a while ago when I was off the tractor. I’ll find out in a bit and let you know. If Beav doesn’t chime in and give a update
Posted By: spjones

Re: Talked to Robert - 01/23/21 10:00 PM

Find out if he uses the “trapsmart” technology on his coyote line??

Thanks

He gives it rave reviews for pigs

Re: Talked to Robert - 01/24/21 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by Bob_Iowa
My hands hurt just thinking about laying all that steel.

Exactly

Re: Talked to Robert - 01/24/21 06:37 PM

Talked to Robert today.
Head count Is around 700 and he probably skinned around 450 or so. Lots of lice damaged coyotes + lots of mange and broke coyotes. One day he caught 24 coyotes and only skinned 8.
Pulling this week and heading home to do some pipe work Then heading to MS to do some beaver work and do some live market coyotes.

As to the satellite trap checking system. He does use It but mostly when snaring road side fences. He wants to be able to remove any coyotes before the general public can see any catches.

Posted by His non paid press secretary.
Posted By: spjones

Re: Talked to Robert - 01/24/21 07:05 PM

Thanks

I’m planning on utilizing it next year.

If there are any tips/tricks too maximize the technology please let us know.

Thank you

Re: Talked to Robert - 01/24/21 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by The Beav
Talked to Robert today.
Head count Is around 700 and he probably skinned around 450 or so. Lots of lice damaged coyotes + lots of mange and broke coyotes. One day he caught 24 coyotes and only skinned 8.
Pulling this week and heading home to do some pipe work Then heading to MS to do some beaver work and do some live market coyotes.

As to the satellite trap checking system. He does use It but mostly when snaring road side fences. He wants to be able to remove any coyotes before the general public can see any catches.

Posted by His non paid press secretary.

Thanks NPPS!

Re: Talked to Robert - 01/24/21 11:29 PM

Robert said those trap checker gadgets cost some serious money. If I remember they cost like $500.000 each and then it costs $150.00 to have them activated. He did say his were 10 years old, maybe the have come down In price.

NPPS LOL
© 2024 Trapperman Forums