Home

Ammo

Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Ammo - 01/15/21 10:51 PM

Do any of you guys buy ammo for firearms you don't have? Trading stock or investment if you do? Or get a stock of ammo, then have a reason to buy something to shoot it?
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Ammo - 01/15/21 10:54 PM

Nope.Just what I have.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Ammo - 01/15/21 10:56 PM

Can’t see buying ammo you cannot use yourself I’d focus on stocking up on what I do own. If it was a NATO round that might make a difference then but you should have those rounds anyway.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Ammo - 01/15/21 10:59 PM

Ammo that you will not shoot yourself can be traded or sold....it is a very solid investment right now.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Ammo - 01/15/21 11:06 PM

Well, I couldn't pass on some CCI .22 mag, JHP I do have a .22 mag cylinder for my Rough Rider, but have never shot it. 125 round bulk CCI in milk cartons.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Ammo - 01/15/21 11:08 PM

That’s a good round just the odd stuff just to have it might not work out.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Ammo - 01/15/21 11:09 PM

Nope
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Ammo - 01/15/21 11:12 PM

I just placed an order for 20ga shotgun shells and don’t own a 20ga.

Bought them for work.

You could say it is an investment, an investment in future hunters.
Posted By: chas3457

Re: Ammo - 01/15/21 11:14 PM

Maybe, if someone I knew could use it, and it wasn't jacked up price wise.

Charlie
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Ammo - 01/15/21 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Feedinggrounds
Do any of you guys buy ammo for firearms you don't have? Trading stock or investment if you do? Or get a stock of ammo, then have a reason to buy something to shoot it?

I have ammo for guns I don't have... yet.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Ammo - 01/15/21 11:22 PM

Right now is a prime time to have anything you can part with.

The guy who instructs the concealed carry courses has some .38 Special + P and older couple bought and brought to the range even though their older gun might not be able to take it. He of course got them the proper ammo and is saving me $100 trading him 9mm ball (or which I have a large cache of) round for round.

I say good trade
Posted By: 1lessdog

Re: Ammo - 01/17/21 02:12 AM

I haven't purchased factory ammo other than 22 shells in maybe 10 yrs, And them were shotgun shells. I have 1000's of rounds of rifle, shotgun and pistol. If I wasn't a handloader things maybe different. Im sure there are lots of people buying every box of ammo that they can to make a buck or two.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Ammo - 01/17/21 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~

I could have bought 308 last week a pile of it. But Mills Fleet Farm cards you, and I dont own a 308 now

Tempting though
Posted By: Marty

Re: Ammo - 01/17/21 02:28 AM

the government already knows who owns guns.
Posted By: tlguy

Re: Ammo - 01/17/21 02:28 AM

Maybe in Minnesota, but any time I've bought ammo at Fleet Farm they just check my ID for my age and punch in my DOB into the register. But I haven't bought ammo there in 6+ months so maybe that has changed. They gotta have ammo in stock before they can sell it.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Ammo - 01/17/21 02:34 AM

Hmmm
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Ammo - 01/17/21 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~

Glad to see I'm not the only one -- I have a couple hundred rounds of .243 and I don't own one ( my son and dad both do however). I was thinking of building a 10 in 243 but haven't completely decided for sure yet.
Posted By: trapperEd

Re: Ammo - 01/17/21 03:15 AM

Sorry -- No they Do Not !
Posted By: MJM

Re: Ammo - 01/17/21 04:06 AM

That all depends on the price. If It is cheap, yes I do. If it price like todays ammo, I do not buy any. None for calibers I even own.
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: Ammo - 01/17/21 06:00 AM

If the price is right yeah I will from time to time. Find picking up brass has about the same effect but cheaper
© 2024 Trapperman Forums