Home

Mountain men

Posted By: charles

Mountain men - 01/16/21 05:03 PM

Tom Oar in MT was cutting firewood with a chain saw when he heard a wolf, over the noise of the saw. Hummmm?
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Mountain men - 01/16/21 05:05 PM

Its the mic. In their ear for recording crazy whistle
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Mountain men - 01/16/21 05:08 PM

Is that the idiot with the hounds?

Re: Mountain men - 01/16/21 05:11 PM

Hey, the hounds are Nice!
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Mountain men - 01/16/21 05:17 PM

The wolf would have to bite me before I knew he was there. LOL
Posted By: 3 Fingers

Re: Mountain men - 01/16/21 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by charles
Tom Oar in MT was cutting firewood with a chain saw when he heard a wolf, over the noise of the saw. Hummmm?

I don’t know about hearing anything over the sound of a chainsaw, but it’s common for the sound to trigger howling. Only hear them soon as shutting down. Once I was on the ground milling with a chainsaw, shut down and looked up and there was a small bull moose standing right over me with a look of curiosity. They can get stupid in the rut and any noise is worth investigation to them

Re: Mountain men - 01/16/21 05:33 PM

Shhhhhh. I hear one Now!!!!!

Re: Mountain men - 01/16/21 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper

His hounds are alot smarter then that idiot.

Re: Mountain men - 01/16/21 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce T
Originally Posted by 330-Trapper

His hounds are alot smarter then that idiot.

I haven't seen them enough

Why is he an idiot?

Re: Mountain men - 01/16/21 05:42 PM

Only had to watch him for one episode to realize what a fake he is.

Re: Mountain men - 01/16/21 05:44 PM

No instances?

That dosent tell me much

Re: Mountain men - 01/16/21 05:49 PM

It was so comical.One example was running the mountain lions out of the country so that they won't come back or something to that effect.A houndsman listening to this fake would laugh their arse off.He makes the clowns Bush people look real.

Re: Mountain men - 01/16/21 06:24 PM

The one from Maine was good as was others on the show.I just couldn't get past that one fake.
Posted By: Badger23

Re: Mountain men - 01/16/21 06:35 PM

Tom's not the one with the dogs. That is Rich. I'll never forget I was watching an episode where he yelled at a pack to "get outta here". Hilarious stuff there, I'm sure they listened and never came back. What a putz.grin laugh laugh

From what's been posted on here and evidently some know Tom he actually is a member of trapping organizations and has fought for trapping rights. I think him and Marty are revered as the 2 best on that show, It's a race to the bottom as far as the others go to who's the bigger nitwit. I haven't watched it for a few years now, I figured out after awhile about anything else on TV was better than that. The scenery is good though.

It's for entertainment. If you tried some of that stuff you'd be laughed out of the area (probably by the wildlife). I'm not nearly as well schooled in the outdoors as most on here but at least I'm not that big of an idiot (that I know of) and I wouldn't want to broadcast it for everyone to see.

Re: Mountain men - 01/16/21 06:39 PM

Thanks.Could not remember the fakes name.Rich is a fake of all fakes.
Posted By: snowy

Re: Mountain men - 01/16/21 06:44 PM

That whole show is a fake. Lol Entertaining and comical at best not much reality there.
Posted By: Squash

Re: Mountain men - 01/16/21 07:04 PM

Don’t forget that fool from NC, useless, I mean Eustace. He can’t understand why if he doesn’t pay his taxes , the government will take his farm ?
He’s probably a millionaire in real life ? Like the Kilchers on Alaska the last frontier. If they don’t shoot a bear they will not have enough meat to hold them over the winter. But they have a herd of beef cattle, what a joke.

Re: Mountain men - 01/16/21 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Squash
Don’t forget that fool from NC, useless, I mean Eustace. He can’t understand why if he doesn’t pay his taxes , the government will take his farm ?
He’s probably a millionaire in real life ? Like the Kilchers on Alaska the last frontier. If they don’t shoot a bear they will not have enough meat to hold them over the winter. But they have a herd of beef cattle, what a joke.

It all changed when I saw the net worth of the two families
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Mountain men - 01/16/21 07:38 PM

I thought all reality shows are fake.
Posted By: GG trapping

Re: Mountain men - 01/16/21 07:44 PM

Is that the idiot with the hounds?

rich is the idiot
Posted By: white17

Re: Mountain men - 01/16/21 07:46 PM

Not only that but they are a 90 minute walk from downtown Homer and a grocery store............on a paved road.

Still a group of hard working people though. The old days weren't as easy as now

Re: Mountain men - 01/16/21 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by white17

Not only that but they are a 90 minute walk from downtown Homer and a grocery store............on a paved road.

Still a group of hard working people though. The old days weren't as easy as now

Very true...they inherited a lot. Good work ethics too!.
Posted By: snowy

Re: Mountain men - 01/16/21 07:56 PM

Putting a side the those shows are made for entertainment and not always factual. My hat goes off to the rural living people in Alaska, as it is not always that easy of life. We think in northern US it is tough living, in rural Alaska most wouldn't make it.

Re: Mountain men - 01/16/21 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by snowy
Putting a side the those shows are made for entertainment and not always factual. My hat goes off to the rural living people in Alaska, as it is not always that easy of life. We think in northern US it is tough living, in rural Alaska most wouldn't make it.

But the ones that do live an awesome fulfilling full life.
Posted By: wamp

Re: Mountain men - 01/16/21 08:24 PM

I believe that Tom and Marty two that come to mind quick are real deal the show does not show the real life they lead..
As far as real deal I mean I the trapping ability.
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Mountain men - 01/16/21 08:27 PM

Still a group of hard working people though. The old days weren't as easy as now[/quote]
Very true...they inherited a lot. Good work ethics too!.[/quote]

Yeah, I really don't think it is a survival situation for the Kilchers. They truly are very close to Homer. I stayed on their homestead for a while and got to know their Dad, Yule. He was one hard-working dude but also liked to party at Alice's Champagne Palace in Homer. Old Yule was kind of a chick magnet as well!

His kids seem to have inherited his work ethic. One time I was helping to clear a field, carrying logs to the side. All of a sudden he was bellering at me "Trow dose logs, don't drag them!"

One of the high points of my life up there. I enjoy the show because I still recognize some of the landscape.

Moosetrot

Re: Mountain men - 01/16/21 08:30 PM

Thats Awesome Moosetrot
Posted By: DuxDawg

Re: Mountain men - 01/16/21 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Badger23
Tom's not the one with the dogs. That is Rich. I'll never forget I was watching an episode where he yelled at a pack to "get outta here". Hilarious stuff there, I'm sure they listened and never came back. What a putz.grin laugh laugh

From what's been posted on here and evidently some know Tom he actually is a member of trapping organizations and has fought for trapping rights. I think him and Marty are revered as the 2 best on that show, It's a race to the bottom as far as the others go to who's the bigger nitwit. I haven't watched it for a few years now, I figured out after awhile about anything else on TV was better than that. The scenery is good though.

It's for entertainment. If you tried some of that stuff you'd be laughed out of the area (probably by the wildlife). I'm not nearly as well schooled in the outdoors as most on here but at least I'm not that big of an idiot (that I know of) and I wouldn't want to broadcast it for everyone to see.

Nailed it.
Posted By: DHH

Re: Mountain men - 01/16/21 10:31 PM

A few years ago there was a thread on this forum or another forum about mountain men . Somebody familiar with rich said only when the camera's are around do the cat's get a free pass
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Mountain men - 01/17/21 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
I thought all reality shows are fake.

Maybe some of them, but Alaskan Bush People is spot on accurate for the way people in Alaska are. laugh

Re: Mountain men - 01/17/21 12:55 AM

Wow
Posted By: white17

Re: Mountain men - 01/17/21 12:57 AM

ROFLMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Mountain men - 01/17/21 01:16 AM

Get a kick out of people bashing mountain men, but know all about it you must still be watching it.
Gotta keep things interesting right, I watch it and know about half of it is fake and over dramatic
But it give town folk some feelings of what goes on in the sticks.
Posted By: charles

Re: Mountain men - 01/17/21 01:40 AM

I watch it regularly, but don’t tell me you can hear a wolf while running a chainsaw. I enjoy the scenery and wildlife.

Re: Mountain men - 01/17/21 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by beartooth trapr
Get a kick out of people bashing mountain men, but know all about it you must still be watching it.
Gotta keep things interesting right, I watch it and know about half of it is fake and over dramatic
But it give town folk some feelings of what goes on in the sticks.

Yeah still put it on occasionally wink

Re: Mountain men - 01/17/21 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by DHH
A few years ago there was a thread on this forum or another forum about mountain men . Somebody familiar with rich said only when the camera's are around do the cat's get a free pass

Lol laugh
Posted By: rvsask

Re: Mountain men - 01/17/21 02:00 PM

Tom is an old dude that is clearly knowledgeable on tanning/fur handling etc. I respect that he’s still out there givin’ er. That said the show is purely entertainment and one needs to accept it for what it is. There is a lot of ridiculousness on there that you’ve got to find humor in.

Re: Mountain men - 01/17/21 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by DHH

Lol laugh

grin
Posted By: marathonman

Re: Mountain men - 01/17/21 02:08 PM

its better than watchin the Bachelor
Posted By: Tom cat

Re: Mountain men - 01/17/21 02:12 PM

I like the show. It's entertaining, just laugh at the fake stuff...
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Mountain men - 01/17/21 02:16 PM

My buddy ran Into Rich during a elk hunt. .
Posted By: Squash

Re: Mountain men - 01/17/21 02:32 PM

That just proves what many are saying the show is BS.
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Mountain men - 01/17/21 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by The Beav
My buddy ran Into Rich during a elk hunt. .

Anybody hurt? Prayers sent.

Moosetrot

Re: Mountain men - 01/17/21 04:18 PM

I think I posted more on that post but. Rich told my buddy that most of those cats get harvested later. No way you can run a cat out of the area and not have It come back.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Mountain men - 01/17/21 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by snowy

But the ones that do live an awesome fulfilling full life.

True, I am awful fulfilled. smile

Re: Mountain men - 01/17/21 06:06 PM

That's true you are full of It . LOL
© 2024 Trapperman Forums