Home

Microsoft finally did it.

Posted By: Law Dog

Microsoft finally did it. - 01/17/21 02:18 PM

Upgrade my PC to the point it’s about useless now making it impossible to download game cam pics. Found my way around the last one that made it harder to work with the pics now it won’t do squat. It seems they flood the PCs with upgrades they overload it making the need for a new one like planned obsolescence.

I remember when a PC came with free software most you did not need or want now there’s a app for that for a price making big tech rich.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/17/21 02:36 PM

Yup they were simple back then. I remember putting in the windows disc and typing c:win to start it
I love my chromebooks. It's a little hard to figure out their version of office software but no updates fast
Posted By: EdP

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/17/21 02:41 PM

I remember when PCs came with no software other than the operating system (DOS) and you had to load everything else yourself. That sucked but at least you didn't get a bunch of stuff you didn't want or need to clutter your hard drive. What really ticked me off was when my new PC wouldn't run my perfectly good Canon 10+ y/o lazer printer because the software wasn't supported anymore. Been through 3 or 4 ink jet printers since.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/17/21 02:44 PM

I'm only using my Phone now

They sent me a message on my laptop saying I'll need to upgrade from windows 7 to 10

No thanks. Laptop is done for me now.

Buy a $25 SD card reader for your phone.
Super simple to use

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/17/21 03:47 PM

Might need to do that or it’s hammer time.
Posted By: DuxDawg

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/17/21 03:52 PM

It's a lose-lose.
Don't update, then eventually get "unsupported" messages and it no longer works.
Update, then it constantly crashes.
frown

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/17/21 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Might need to do that or it’s hammer time.

[Linked Image]

Mine is for Android...but they sell both
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/17/21 05:02 PM

Mac...... nuff said. I have had this pro book for 5 years now. It had a dodgy batterie so stye replaced it free of charge a year ago. Now and then a new OS comes out but its free. It came standard with an office suite, photo editing and a bunch of other stuff that MS wants a lot of money for .... it boots up in about 10 seconds and even when the OS changes to a new version, the operation for the user does not change. Granted they are a bit more expensive to buy to start with but work out way cheaper in the long run. I know so of you may now say but apple is one of the big tech elites yada yada yada, but so is MS and there is just no way around it presently and you will have to pay one of them if you want a usable computer to work with.
Posted By: swift4me

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/17/21 05:09 PM

Hey Jerry...

If Bill Gates doesn't take advantage of folks like us... how is he going to feed Africa?

This Microsoft Edge didn't bother me at first but now when I download pictures from my phone they go straight to OneDrive instead of my hard drive and now they want me to pay for storage just like photobucket did.

Pete

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/17/21 05:18 PM

My G7 sends my photos to a gmail account you get with the phone, now I just take a pic of the PC screen old school stuff. LOL
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/17/21 05:23 PM

Go old school. grin

Attached picture image.png
Posted By: white17

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/17/21 05:32 PM

I'm still running Win 7 with no problems. The first thing I do to any computer is delete all the games and crap I'll never use and then turn off automatic updates.

Currently have 1 Windows XP, 1 Win 10, 2 Win 2000, 2 win 7. Use them all throughout any week. The only things permanently retired are my Win 95 & Win NT machines
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/17/21 05:41 PM

Yup turn the updates off. Then when updates are available, you can decide whether to install them or not.

How are you trying to get your game cam pics onto your PC?

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/17/21 05:47 PM

I can’t get them to my photo gallery on my PC the “save as” is hard to find it popped up as a easy option before if I hit that now it a black box when I try to add to my photo file that I’ve had for ever. Would a restore to a earlier date eliminate the issue?
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/17/21 06:07 PM

Makes me like my Linux even more but like everything it has it's bad as well as good.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/17/21 06:17 PM

I think those updates are just to see what you do an then make it impossible to do

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/17/21 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝
Yup turn the updates off. Then when updates are available, you can decide whether to install them or not.

How are you trying to get your game cam pics onto your PC?

SD card they go to photo gallery just won’t go to my access file (save as) to download it’s just a black box after I try to (save as).

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/17/21 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by jeff karsten
I think those updates are just to see what you do an then make it impossible to do

Buy this app to do it BS.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/17/21 06:26 PM

Mine updated and I lost my sound card.
Posted By: SJA

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/17/21 06:27 PM

I can’t get them to my photo gallery on my PC the “save as” is hard to find it popped up as a easy option before if I hit that now it a black box when I try to add to my photo file that I’ve had for ever. Would a restore to a earlier date eliminate the issue?

Restore, doubt it. Try this:

1. Download Irfranview FREE. It supports Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10; 32 and 64 bit. Been using this for years.

2. Take your sd card and insert it into the reader with a USB. Inset into your USB port on computer.

3. Go to your files and look for your "X" drive e.g. (D:), (E:) or whatever. That drive will show your sd card flash drive.

4. Open Irfranview "thumbnails" and "open" it. It will show your photos / videos etc.

5. Choose the little "panda" and in the menu, select view. Choose what size to view.

6. It's easier than it sounds.

PS. . . you can save each pic also. in a folder you name in Irfranview too.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Hope this helps :-)

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/17/21 06:29 PM

Jerry: I am assuming you are inserting the SD card from the camera into the computer ?? If you can view the images at that point..can you COPY/PASTE from the card to the desktop ?

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/17/21 06:30 PM

[Linked Image]
sd card thrugh this, direct to your phone...Im telling Ya!
Posted By: Born

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/17/21 06:43 PM

I recently bought a new PC came with a windows license. Seems useless. When I tried to open a word document, was unable to. Turns out you have to pay for that per year. Really stinks, I use my laptop to open them now. Looking for alternatives. Could I install Open Freely?

I had the same problem with photos as Swift had. Every time I loaded them they went to cloud, and of course they needed more money for storage. Was finally able to disable one drive and load them to PC. Took 4 tries though.

Would also like to rid myself from GMail, just not sure of what other email hosts that are available.
Posted By: SJA

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/17/21 06:51 PM

Corel WordPerfect Office 2020 Home & Student from Amazon $49.99. It also can convert docs in 60 formats including .pdf. One time purchase. :-)
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/17/21 06:52 PM

I always just go to to the file explorer and navigate to the SD card then copy paste them to where I want them to go.

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/17/21 06:58 PM

The SD card unloads and erases the problem is no way to get that image to download say to trapper man I’ll get that card reader 330 listed and go from there I don’t understand PC talk I get lost quickly. Oh look a squirrel 🐿 comes to mind. Thanks for the help but I hate tech. LOL
Posted By: Born

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/17/21 07:00 PM

Thank you SJA. I will look into it.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/17/21 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by white17
I'm still running Win 7 with no problems. The first thing I do to any computer is delete all the games and crap I'll never use

Do you keep Solitaire?

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/17/21 07:15 PM

NO !! laugh
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/17/21 07:29 PM

laugh

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/17/21 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
[Linked Image]
sd card thrugh this, direct to your phone...Im telling Ya!

Ordered one. Then I take a photo with my IPad? Lol J/K
Posted By: Furvor

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/17/21 07:57 PM

In the news yesterday: Bill Gates is the biggest owner of land in the USA. You know how he got there.

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/17/21 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Furvor
In the news yesterday: Bill Gates is the biggest owner of land in the USA. You know how he got there.

Just farmland. Gates is a piker compared to Ted Turner and John Malone
Posted By: ebsurveyor

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/17/21 08:42 PM

You guys are funny. Buy a new laptop and get rid of the old junk.
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/18/21 07:39 AM

Get a Mac
You can forget abt all that add on junk, money wasted

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/18/21 02:39 PM

Typed in remove update, simple directions came up even I could follow a few steps and I removed the newest update no problem if that does not work I’ll start whacking a few more. LOL

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/18/21 02:40 PM

Whack a mole

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/18/21 03:09 PM

Whack a mole

Yes plan B is that!

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/18/21 06:30 PM

Whack a mole

Yes plan B is that!

grin
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Microsoft finally did it. - 01/18/21 07:25 PM

First amendment is about toast, up next will be the second and of course once we get the green new deal fully implemented we'll all be living by candle light anyway with no clue what is going on. Guess we'll get some state ran propaganda newspaper once a week for news they want us to read.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums