Home

Big mac

Posted By: NE Wildlife

Big mac - 01/17/21 06:12 PM

Just had part of one for the first time and couldn’t stand more then half. . One of the worst things I have ever eaten. Please tell me how these things are a big ticket seller? The actual taste is terrible not to mention the texture of the “meat”
Posted By: Bearguy

Re: Big mac - 01/17/21 06:19 PM

I'm OK with pretty much everything MickyD's makes, with the exception of the Big Mac. Favorite is quarter pounder w/cheese. If this is the first time you have tried one, you need to get out of the fur shed more.
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Big mac - 01/17/21 06:23 PM

It used to be pretty good, but what has happened over the decades, I don't have a clue. Maybe you got the "bean curd" one...
Posted By: wamp

Re: Big mac - 01/17/21 06:26 PM

I agree their meat is some of the worst tasting
Posted By: coop

Re: Big mac - 01/17/21 06:40 PM

"Secret sauce" is the key... wink
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Big mac - 01/17/21 06:57 PM

Ish, just gross
Posted By: slydogx

Re: Big mac - 01/17/21 06:59 PM

I actually have a weakness for a big Mac and fries...as long as they are freshly cooked and hot.
I know it's not the same as home made, but I have liked it since I was a kid
Posted By: BBarnes

Re: Big mac - 01/17/21 07:03 PM

Since you only ate half maybe your stomach ache won’t be that bad!!!!

Nothing like they use to be.

B
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Big mac - 01/17/21 07:13 PM

I really like Big Mac’s. Get them with extra sauce!

There is a big difference in taste between Canadian Mc Donald’s and American Mc Donald’s.

I found the burgers and fries were larger in the states compared to Canada. But the taste in Canada is better.
Posted By: Bearguy

Re: Big mac - 01/17/21 07:22 PM

I think the meat tastes fine, One of the reasons so many think so is because they make burger from the whole cow. It's not trim and scraps like your local butcher makes. Loin, tenderloin, etc. make a better burger. Can't please everyone though. It might be different in different parts of the country.
Posted By: proratman

Re: Big mac - 01/17/21 07:35 PM

You have me craving their French Fries!
Posted By: NE Wildlife

Re: Big mac - 01/17/21 07:39 PM

Are you TRYING to tell me that the meat from a McDonald’s burger is better
Then burger from the local butcher or meat department at a grocery store???
Lmao you smoking something this morning?
Posted By: corky

Re: Big mac - 01/17/21 07:54 PM

Whenever I'm having issues and beed a system cleanout Big Mac is my go to solution. LOL
Posted By: DWC

Re: Big mac - 01/17/21 08:06 PM

Remember the big’n’tasty? Used to be on the dollar menu. Best burger mcdonalds had i think.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Big mac - 01/17/21 08:09 PM

I agree.Wendy's chili for me.
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Big mac - 01/17/21 08:15 PM

Never been a big fan of McDonalds. About the only thing I can handle would be their chicken sandwich.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Big mac - 01/17/21 08:35 PM

If I eat Mickey D’s that’s the only thing I order. Get it with extra sauce and no pickles...guaranteed fresh.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Big mac - 01/17/21 08:41 PM

Its fast food, If you can taste the meat, somethings wrong.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Big mac - 01/17/21 08:44 PM

Fast food for me would be antelope

Re: Big mac - 01/17/21 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Turtledale
Fast food for me would be antelope

Lol laugh
Posted By: wadask

Re: Big mac - 01/17/21 09:35 PM

Its the hydrolysed vegetable proteins that make things taste better than they really are and most americans like eating fat and sugar thats the other not so secret that keeps people coming back for more. Most other fast food chains are similar. And man you ever look at arby's meat its liquid solidified and than sliced. No visible muscle fibers like a real roast. sick
Posted By: Posco

Re: Big mac - 01/17/21 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by wadask
And man you ever look at arby's meat its liquid solidified and than sliced. No visible muscle fibers like a real roast. sick

I wish I did not know that. I work for the guys who produce McDonald's fries and I can tell you, they are fussy. I can't speak to their beef but their fries are the cream of the crop.

Re: Big mac - 01/17/21 09:39 PM

Its the hydrolysed vegetable proteins that make things taste better

That must be why they taste so bad....not better....lol
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Big mac - 01/17/21 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by corky
Whenever I'm having issues and need a system cleanout Big Mac is my go to solution. LOL

X2
Posted By: skratmandoo

Re: Big mac - 01/18/21 12:06 AM

Man, If you cant handle some mcd's, you aint working hard enough
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: Big mac - 01/18/21 12:17 AM

They used to be a lot better the last one I had I could see though the meat patties.
Posted By: KYtrapper2005

Re: Big mac - 01/18/21 12:23 AM

For those that can stomach McDonald’s here’s a trick. Order fries with no salt. They put salt on as soon as they come out and that’s how they set under the heat lamp. The have to cook the no salt fries fresh. Then you can ask for a salt packet or two.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Big mac - 01/18/21 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by coop

The sauce is horrible.

Re: Big mac - 01/18/21 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty

The sauce is horrible.

Wasn't there a guy out in California get caught making secret sauce shocked whistle
Posted By: beezmador

Re: Big mac - 01/18/21 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by Posco
And man you ever look at arby's meat its liquid solidified and than sliced. No visible muscle fibers like a real roast. sick

I wish I did not know that. I work for the guys who produce McDonald's fries and I can tell you, they are fussy. I can't speak to their beef but their fries are the cream of the crop.

Agree - their fries are the best, and McCains are picky about their spuds
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Big mac - 01/18/21 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by DWC
Remember the big’n’tasty? Used to be on the dollar menu. Best burger mcdonalds had i think.

Big and Tasty every day help me make weight.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Big mac - 01/18/21 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty

The sauce is horrible.

It's just thousand island or russian dressing.
Posted By: Knappett

Re: Big mac - 01/18/21 12:46 AM

I havnt eaten at mcd for close to 14 years, can't stand theyre stuff. But i also don't like eating out at any restaurant.
Posted By: Flipper

Re: Big mac - 01/18/21 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by Bearguy
I think the meat tastes fine, One of the reasons so many think so is because they make burger from the whole cow. It's not trim and scraps like your local butcher makes. Loin, tenderloin, etc. make a better burger. Can't please everyone though. It might be different in different parts of the country.

McDonald’s use old word out cows and no it is not as good quality than trim from choice or standard beef. Ever wonder why they have to put so much extra stuff on there burgers?? Eat one of there burgers plain has no taste or texture

Re: Big mac - 01/18/21 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by Bob_Iowa
They used to be a lot better the last one I had I could see though the meat patties.

Anemic translucent burgers...yuk
Posted By: DuxDawg

Re: Big mac - 01/18/21 03:20 AM

Back in the 70s & 80s McDs waa awesome.
Now everything there is gross.
Maybe it's the horrible changes to their ingredients.
Maybe being a growing boy with very limited culinary experience had my taste buds fooled.
Posted By: DuxDawg

Re: Big mac - 01/18/21 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by KYtrapper2005
For those that can stomach McDonald’s here’s a trick. Order fries with no salt. They put salt on as soon as they come out and that’s how they set under the heat lamp. The have to cook the no salt fries fresh. Then you can ask for a salt packet or two.

Been doing that since the 1980s.
Order everything that way. Burgers, fries, everything.
Makes a big difference.

Re: Big mac - 01/18/21 03:23 AM

Burger King
Posted By: skratmandoo

Re: Big mac - 01/18/21 03:23 AM

dbl cheez plain and fries, 3 bucks. Prob have water or a can of pop in truck. On to next marsh...!!
Posted By: DWC

Re: Big mac - 01/18/21 03:33 AM

You can bash their burgers all you want, but you gotta admit the fish fillet is pretty amazing

Re: Big mac - 01/18/21 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by DWC
You can bash their burgers all you want, but you gotta admit the fish fillet is pretty amazing

Better then the burgers but lobster rolls are best.

Re: Big mac - 01/18/21 04:02 AM

Coon bait is what it is
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Big mac - 01/18/21 04:31 AM

I only get to the city once every few years sometimes. When I do I go straight to Mc Ds, pass up all those fancy restaurants.

Can I take your order sir....Yes I will have a big mac , a chicken sandwich, fries and Mc nuggets with sweet and sour sauce.

Its only good once, but taste divine at the time.

That will cure my craving for another few years.
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Big mac - 01/18/21 01:06 PM

Micky D's offers up cheap food designed to feed masses quickly and inexpensively. Not a lot of nutritional or health value either for most items and generally will cause you more harm than good.
There are better options on their menu for sure. Apples, milk, oatmeal, yogurt, grilled chicken, definitely can pick other and better options.
Not a fan in general of most fast food places, but if you must stop you should be very picky about what you order and put in your body.
Your body was made to last you 100 years, be sure to feed it and treat it right. You'll spend a bunch of money on trucks, clothes, equipment, and on other stuff in your lifetime, don't skimp on fresh produce and good wholesome food.
My two cents anyway.
Jim

Re: Big mac - 01/18/21 01:25 PM

Bring the Immodium or pepto.
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: Big mac - 01/18/21 01:39 PM

Mostly, McDs is pretty poor. I do like the BigMacs. Tried a McRib for the first time in my life a few weeks ago. Once was enough.

My job has me between worksites a lot. I often eat lunch in my truck. I'll stop for a BigMac maybe once a month. I'd probably eat more except they're so messy I can't eat them and drive at the same time.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Big mac - 01/18/21 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Coon bait is what it is

laugh
Posted By: grapestomper

Re: Big mac - 01/18/21 04:59 PM

A guy I hunt with eats 2 and fries all the time. I bet he eats 6 or 8 a week.
I cant stand them.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums