Home

NRA.....New leader in the future?

Posted By: scalloper

NRA.....New leader in the future? - 01/17/21 11:23 PM

I just read that the NRA may be looking for DJT to run the organization in the future. Anyone else herd this?
Seems there are alot of people unhappy with WL leadership and spending habits.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: NRA.....New leader in the future? - 01/17/21 11:25 PM

I can hear libtard heads exploding. I think I like it.
Posted By: Posco

Re: NRA.....New leader in the future? - 01/17/21 11:25 PM

Trump would either be the craziest possible choice or the most brilliant. I don't know which.

Re: NRA.....New leader in the future? - 01/17/21 11:31 PM

One thought is 75,000,000 potential followers.
Posted By: Finster

Re: NRA.....New leader in the future? - 01/17/21 11:33 PM

ANYONE is better than the leadership they have now. Those people need strung up.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: NRA.....New leader in the future? - 01/17/21 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by scalloper
I just read that the NRA may be looking for DJT to run the organization in the future. Anyone else herd this?
Seems there are alot of people unhappy with WL leadership and spending habits.

How can a President do both?

Re: NRA.....New leader in the future? - 01/17/21 11:41 PM

The new NRA Party....that has a ring to it
Posted By: Scott__aR

Re: NRA.....New leader in the future? - 01/18/21 08:10 AM

Don't know about DJT, but agree WL leadership has to change!
Posted By: goatman

Re: NRA.....New leader in the future? - 01/18/21 11:23 AM

DJT would be a excellent choice but he wouldn't do it. Do you know he shoots,hunts, and fishes all the time. Besides taking his kids camping and other outdoor activities.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: NRA.....New leader in the future? - 01/18/21 12:27 PM

I like the idea. They need to do something ASAP. I’m confident that Wayne and his crew only need another year or so to have the whole thing destroyed. What a mess
Posted By: Cragar

Re: NRA.....New leader in the future? - 01/18/21 12:49 PM

Keep in mind , the president of the NRA is only so much in charge. In the past , there has been Charlton Heston , Marion Hammer and other notable presidents of the NRA.

The real power is in the 'executive director' aka Wayne LaPierre
He has been there throughout many presidents of the NRA.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: NRA.....New leader in the future? - 01/18/21 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Posco
Trump would either be the craziest possible choice or the most brilliant. I don't know which.

This
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: NRA.....New leader in the future? - 01/18/21 01:51 PM

The NRA needs new leadership but not Trump.

Trump was a great president but not especially pro 2A. When red flag laws were first brought up he said "We’re going to take the firearms first and then go to court, because that’s another system. Because a lot of times by the time you go to court … it takes so long to go to court to get the due process procedures. I like taking the guns early".

I think he was really surprised when his base was so upset about this. He grew up in NYC. He has no experience with gun culture. He didn't even realize there was a group of people who were passionate about gun rights.

He managed to avoid stepping on his manhood for a while but managed to trip on it again with the bump stock ban. It surprised me that the first two to bring up a bump stock ban were Trump and the NRA.

Trump is not a gun guy and has no idea how we feel about guns or why they're important to us. But, I feel the same about the NRA.

Re: NRA.....New leader in the future? - 01/18/21 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by maintenanceguy

Trump was a great president but not especially pro 2A. When red flag laws were first brought up he said "We’re going to take the firearms first and then go to court, because that’s another system. Because a lot of times by the time you go to court … it takes so long to go to court to get the due process procedures. I like taking the guns early".

I think he was really surprised when his base was so upset about this. He grew up in NYC. He has no experience with gun culture. He didn't even realize there was a group of people who were passionate about gun rights.

He managed to avoid stepping on his manhood for a while but managed to trip on it again with the bump stock ban. It surprised me that the first two to bring up a bump stock ban were Trump and the NRA.

Trump is not a gun guy and has no idea how we feel about guns or why they're important to us. But, I feel the same about the NRA.

You would have thought it through better beings his sons are hunters.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: NRA.....New leader in the future? - 01/18/21 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by maintenanceguy

agreed
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: NRA.....New leader in the future? - 01/18/21 02:11 PM

Lol this is satire right? Is this from a babylon bee article? Wouldn't we want someone who actually believes in the 2a as written, in it's original meaning, to head up a (supposed) gun rights organization? Having DJT run it seems like a good way to have the NRA continue to promote fudd-style gun control.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: NRA.....New leader in the future? - 01/18/21 02:18 PM

If they re structure and change their leadership I may join up again.

Re: NRA.....New leader in the future? - 01/18/21 02:19 PM

I hope a Lot of people join!!!
Posted By: Getting There

Re: NRA.....New leader in the future? - 01/18/21 02:26 PM

The President if more of a PR person. The real power is the executive Dir. WL. His spending practices outside of the organization is outrageous. You also do not need so many board member. JMO
Posted By: ol' dad

Re: NRA.....New leader in the future? - 01/18/21 02:58 PM

I think the original poster may be confusing DJT (Donald j Trump) with DTJ (Donald Trump Jr).

I would be in favor for Donald Trump Jr, but not his old man.

for those looking to an alternative to NRA check out the second amendment foundation. white 17 turn me on to them several years ago and have been a member since.

Ol dad
© 2024 Trapperman Forums