Home

Second Amendment Preservation Act

Posted By: arcman

Second Amendment Preservation Act - 01/18/21 12:33 AM

Did the "Second Amendment Preservation Act" in Missouri ever make it into law?

Re: Second Amendment Preservation Act - 01/18/21 01:01 AM

I know this bill was being voted on last year, but I was wondering if it ever passed. Here is what it says:" SCS/SB 588 - This act establishes the "Second Amendment Preservation Act." Under this act, all federal laws that infringe on the right to bear arms under the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and Article I, Section 23 of the Missouri Constitution shall be invalid and shall not be enforced by this state."
Posted By: Marty

Re: Second Amendment Preservation Act - 01/18/21 01:13 AM

time to decide that you will defend your rights yourself and not count on one government keeping another government at bay..
Posted By: James

Re: Second Amendment Preservation Act - 01/18/21 01:15 AM

Strikes me as superfluous and in some cases unenforceable.

The federal courts are the deciders of the scope of the Second Amendment. If the federal courts uphold the banning of ARs by federal statute, the residents of Missouri won't be granted an exemption by virtue of their own state legislation.

Jim
Posted By: Posco

Re: Second Amendment Preservation Act - 01/18/21 01:18 AM

The media is setting us up already trying to paint us as a violent mob based on what happened in DC a few days ago. The crap on FB by the alphabet outlets has been relentless. They smell blood in the water and they are going for the kill, there's no question about it. These guys are going to make Obama seem like he was a moderate.

Re: Second Amendment Preservation Act - 01/18/21 01:25 AM

President-elect Joe Biden will be inaugurated in the same spot where insurrectionists waged an assault on the U.S. Capitol just weeks before. Scott Pelley reports on how officials are ensuring the inauguration will be safe.

CBS News on FB. It's been constant.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Second Amendment Preservation Act - 01/18/21 01:25 AM

I wonder if England granted an exemption to the citizens of the colonies soo they could revolt?

Re: Second Amendment Preservation Act - 01/18/21 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by Marty
I wonder if England granted an exemption to the citizens of the colonies soo they could revolt?

We won't need anyone's permission or approval.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Second Amendment Preservation Act - 01/18/21 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by Posco
President-elect Joe Biden will be inaugurated in the same spot where insurrectionists waged an assault on the U.S. Capitol just weeks before. Scott Pelley reports on how officials are ensuring the inauguration will be safe.

CBS News on FB. It's been constant.

These "news" folks are disgusting liars.

Re: Second Amendment Preservation Act - 01/18/21 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by trapdog1
These "news" folks are disgusting liars.

Here's another from CBS.

Bill Whitaker speaks with one of the three law enforcement officials who resigned in the wake of the attack on the Capitol, and reports on the threat behind what one expert says "may have been the most predictable terrorist incident in modern American history."

Re: Second Amendment Preservation Act - 01/18/21 01:36 AM

https://blog.tenthamendmentcenter.c...federal-gun-control-past-present-future/
Posted By: il.trapper

Re: Second Amendment Preservation Act - 01/18/21 02:01 AM

James,

Explain something to me. Many states have made elicit drugs legal in their states. Although those same drugs are still deemed illegal by the federal Gov. Yet you said above that a state can't overide the fed. gov. on a gun issue. Why one and not the other.

It is not just drugs either. Several other practices, so to speak, can be done by states, but not others.

Not looking for a fight, just curious as to how this can be.

Re: Second Amendment Preservation Act - 01/18/21 02:12 AM

Hopefully you have a legislature that will pass that.
Posted By: white17

Re: Second Amendment Preservation Act - 01/18/21 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by arcman
I know this bill was being voted on last year, but I was wondering if it ever passed. Here is what it says:" SCS/SB 588 - This act establishes the "Second Amendment Preservation Act." Under this act, all federal laws that infringe on the right to bear arms under the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and Article I, Section 23 of the Missouri Constitution shall be invalid and shall not be enforced by this state."

I think some of you are misreading or misunderstanding the language above.

Note that it says " federdal laws that infringe on the right to bear arms under the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and Article I, Section 23 of the Missouri Constitution shall be invalid and shall not be enforced by this state."

It does not say 'will not be enforced IN this state'
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Second Amendment Preservation Act - 01/18/21 02:50 AM

...in other words, when the Red Dawn military comes for your guns, it's over!
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: Second Amendment Preservation Act - 01/18/21 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by il.trapper
James,

Explain something to me. Many states have made elicit drugs legal in their states. Although those same drugs are still deemed illegal by the federal Gov. Yet you said above that a state can't overide the fed. gov. on a gun issue. Why one and not the other.

It is not just drugs either. Several other practices, so to speak, can be done by states, but not others.

Only because the federal government has chosen not to enforce federal law. They could kick down the doors of every "legal" medical marijuana distribution center if they decided to.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Second Amendment Preservation Act - 01/18/21 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by Marty

There you go, Word up Marty.
Posted By: James

Re: Second Amendment Preservation Act - 01/18/21 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by maintenanceguy
James,

Only because the federal government has chosen not to enforce federal law. They could kick down the doors of every "legal" medical marijuana distribution center if they decided to.

Right. The feds haven't been enforcing the marijuana prohibition in states that have legalized, for political reasons, I guess.

Jim
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Second Amendment Preservation Act - 01/18/21 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by James
Strikes me as superfluous and in some cases unenforceable.

The federal courts are the deciders of the scope of the Second Amendment. If the federal courts uphold the banning of ARs by federal statute, the residents of Missouri won't be granted an exemption by virtue of their own state legislation.

Jim

Show Me!

Edit-think hard on this one James?
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Second Amendment Preservation Act - 01/18/21 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by maintenanceguy
James,

That's likely the case. I also think that perhaps federal manpower isn't up to the task. Hard to make a dent if local/state LE aren't going to.pitch in. I don't know how many DEA doorkickers there are... But there are only about 3000 ATF agents. And only a certain percentage of them are "field" personnel... The rest are tech guys, paper pushers, and managers/policy.

I was on a forum where a CLEET instructor stated that almost all of the "bottom of the barrel" graduates went to ATF... He said it was just about like clockwork which agency they would choose to apply to.

Mike
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Second Amendment Preservation Act - 01/18/21 05:10 AM

James,

It's not that the state law over rides the federal law its that state resources and law enforcement wont participate in enforcing the law .If the feds want to arrest you . They still can . The state just wont be involved
Posted By: Scott__aR

Re: Second Amendment Preservation Act - 01/18/21 06:37 AM

Exactly this ^^^^^
© 2024 Trapperman Forums