Home

USPS Question

Posted By: H2ORat

USPS Question - 01/18/21 05:28 AM

O.K. -- Who owns the USPS? -- I was taught in school that it was privately owned - how many of you were taught that? According to google it is not , it is federally owned. In my area they won't hardly deliver the mail on saturdays anymore, and never did on sundays . They deliver Amazon packages saturdays and sundays. Bezos donated 10m to the democratic party this election. The latest stimulus package ( i read 1/2 of the original proposal - 5500 + pages) not only bailed out the USPS it permanantly funded them. Can't they be found to be in "conflict of interest " or something to stop the blatant disregard for the wellbeing of the us citizens?
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: USPS Question - 01/18/21 05:35 AM

United States Postal Service---I believe is not owned by a private party,but is government owned and run.
We still have Saturday service here.
Tom
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: USPS Question - 01/18/21 05:49 AM

Sooner or later fed money bails them out, but through smoke and mirrors, it appears to be a quasi-private company. They make "deals" with companies at below what you or I pay walking into the post office. Back 15 years ago, they had better health insurance packages than most "other" feds say through Blue Cross/Blue Shield, with at least their part of the premiums. Very seldom do you see a 60-year old postal worker, at least around here.
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: USPS Question - 01/18/21 06:40 AM

USPS Is government owned.
Tom
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: USPS Question - 01/18/21 11:09 AM

been the gov't my whole 60 yrs
someone taught you wrong
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: USPS Question - 01/18/21 11:18 AM

Im sure it's gubmint owned and private contractors bid on delivery positions. In Florida they even deliver packages on Sunday but not mail. That may have just been during the Christas season too.
Google "how much did the USPS lose last year" and you will find out who owns and finances it.
Posted By: M.Magis

Re: USPS Question - 01/18/21 12:30 PM

I find it hard to believe anyone was ever taught that the postal service was privately owned. It's been a government entity since the beginning in the 1700s.
Posted By: kevtrap

Re: USPS Question - 01/18/21 12:52 PM

It's government owned, that's why they don't have to worry about the quality of service they provide. I tried to call them about poor service, an automated voice answered with a story about any service issues are the result of the covid crisis. If you wanted to talk to a real person the estmated wait time was 1 hour and 10 mnutes.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: USPS Question - 01/18/21 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by traprjohn
been the gov't my whole 60 yrs
someone taught you wrong

Yep
Posted By: SJA

Re: USPS Question - 01/18/21 01:38 PM

Fear not! . . . for The Postman cometh! laugh
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: USPS Question - 01/18/21 01:43 PM

Government run and competing against private businesses. The government always spends $2 to do what private industry can do for $1. Postal rates may be cheaper but you're paying taxes to cover the extra costs every time the post office outspends it budget. I ship a couple thousand packages a year by USPS because I get better rates than the others but that means your taxes are paying my business' shipping costs. Not really fair.

Shut it down.

Re: USPS Question - 01/18/21 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by SJA

But not Today
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: USPS Question - 01/18/21 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Originally Posted by SJA

But not Today

To the wrongth house!

Re: USPS Question - 01/18/21 02:26 PM

Stinking holiday
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: USPS Question - 01/18/21 02:29 PM

Thru rain, thru snow, thru dark of night...the mail must goeth thrueth.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: USPS Question - 01/18/21 02:42 PM

It's supposed to be self funded through postage fees. That ship sailed a lot, long time ago.

Re: USPS Question - 01/18/21 02:53 PM

Very True
Posted By: adam m

Re: USPS Question - 01/18/21 02:58 PM

Government owned. There are contractors that can deliver mail especially in rural communities. Some rural communities don't offer Saturday mail.
Amazon and USPS made a contract years ago where they buy USPS new fleet and cover the ot for Sunday delivery. You'll never see the USPS drivers in uniform on Sunday.
At least that's my understanding from family and friends whi have been in USPS for decades

Re: USPS Question - 01/18/21 03:05 PM

So many useless rules they lose money at every turn, I see a lg flat rate box is $25 the smaller boxes must be $8 by now. I used them a lot in the past but between poor service when you have a problem and ever rising cost I avoid them when possible.

Re: USPS Question - 01/18/21 03:15 PM

Hire the Amish and rename it Pony Express
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: USPS Question - 01/18/21 03:19 PM

Pensions are the #1 budget buster for every business or government that offers them. And nobody is allowed to fix them.

Re: USPS Question - 01/18/21 03:50 PM

Or let Richard Simmons run it then call it My Little Pony.

Re: USPS Question - 01/18/21 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog

Or let Richard Simmons run it then call it My Little Pony.

crazy
© 2024 Trapperman Forums